Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ceaselessfuture
Apr 9, 2005

"I'm thirty," I said. "I'm five years too old to lie to myself and call it honor."

Tanks But No Tanks posted:

how in the absolute gently caress do I get back into this

christ I don't even remember the last thing I pulled on :gonk:

just pull, then kill stuff :angel:

A surfing dog?! posted:

Should I grab Y'shtola's Healer's Circlet for Asylum even if I have plenty of FFXIV armor/robes etc? I'm considering Vanille's Mistilteinn for Transcendent Dream, and I currently don't have a FFXIII mind weapon. It'd be nice to give Y'shtola a new medica since she already has a Wall, but I could probably get a roaming warrior for Wall or something. I could also grab the Wizer Rod for Aerith since I somehow never got a mind weapon for FFVII, but Asylum and Transcendent Dream seem like they're more useful than White Materia.

Vanille BSB is good in that it's instant, but is otherwise beaten out by Ysh. The reason you should get Asylum is because Ysh can Wrath, letting her DrM Wall, wrath twice, then BSB heal. This was the best healing for years and will easily carry you all the way to endgame content.

That said, everyone has Tyro wall now so her using Wall is dimished somewhat. It still saves a character slot though which is valuable in itself.

Both of you should pull on b3 before it leaves. It's one of the best banners of the fest! Tanks, do every RoP pul and report back.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tom bob-ombadil
Jan 1, 2012

Tanks But No Tanks posted:

how in the absolute gently caress do I get back into this

christ I don't even remember the last thing I pulled on :gonk:

Just jump in the Discord. We're a pretty helpful bunch.

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

A surfing dog?! posted:

Should I grab Y'shtola's Healer's Circlet for Asylum even if I have plenty of FFXIV armor/robes etc? I'm considering Vanille's Mistilteinn for Transcendent Dream, and I currently don't have a FFXIII mind weapon. It'd be nice to give Y'shtola a new medica since she already has a Wall, but I could probably get a roaming warrior for Wall or something. I could also grab the Wizer Rod for Aerith since I somehow never got a mind weapon for FFVII, but Asylum and Transcendent Dream seem like they're more useful than White Materia.

For Book 6 I'd suggest one with an instant cure on command 1, Vanille's is one of the worst sadly because it's pretty damage oriented. Larsa + Iris are good choices because they provide Astra, which prevents the next status effect on the party and can be very useful for certain fights, and astra is very uncommon. Or Deuce, her BSB provides a party atk/mag buff which gives you more flexibility in teambuilding, especially for mage teams where you often need two sources of mag buffs to maximize your power.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Yeah, I've been using Larsa since I lucked out on his BSB quite a while ago. Can't say I notice the Astra but I assume its just been helping without me noticing. Especially as I really notice when status effects mess me about. Larsa has Wrath too

Bismarck is now on the list of reliably beatable magicites. I actually ran out of keystones for the first time ever. So I think I'll rebuild my stock a bit, grind some levels for my waterbuddies, and then go rattle Living Flame's jaw. And then it will just be Mist Dragon I have only beaten once and then after that I can start thinking about the four star ones.

Shoenin
May 29, 2013

Everynight I wake up Screaming.
(and beating the dragon)
New thread bout 2 pages late

was able to finally down some 4* Magicites. Midgardsormr is pretty easy aside his dumb paralysis move, the interrupt didn't really bug me. Isegbind was a bit annoying but my fire dudes had ways to hit him in the air.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

so exactly how good/bad is this? I know I won't be using it for magicite but is it any good outside of that?

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

And at the end of fear, oblivion.

I'm a lot higher on noctis than most folks. Attitude here seems to spit on NE damage. Seems like it'd be a lot of damage with a crit damage booster like chant to me, although building up 3 bars without throwing out an SSB would feel weird.

pichupal
Mar 23, 2013

Poochy ain't Stupid.
I might be.
Noctis's guaranteed crit is nice for all those omniresist bosses, effectively doing three times the damage of an average OSB.

Obviously combines well with a crit damage boost to bring that up to 4 times an OSB, but it's a pretty uncommon buff (Zack Chain, Ramza Chant, Machina SSB, Ignis SSB) - which is why the next XV event gives Noctis a new Glint with Crit damage boost. I'd consider a pull there as we're also getting an XV Torment the same time.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

I actually have Zack Chain, and Noctis does have Dragoon 5, so maybe he makes my wind team

A surfing dog?!
Apr 23, 2006

What's the deal with reforging? I tried looking it up, but I couldn't find good info about it.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

after you glue 3 of an item together you can apply a special glue to the twice glued item to get one more item’s worth of gluing out of it. this takes approximately one million gajillion times the amount of money to do than the initial two gluings.

Chair In A Basket
Aug 6, 2005

I'm basically Jesus.

Nap Ghost
You can only combine 3 items into one, increasing their rarity twice. This would increase a 5 star item combined 3 times to a max of 7 stars. Reforging increases that rarity one step further on a max combined item. So our 7 star items that was 3 combined 5 star items can now become an 8 star item. Raises the item level from 30 to 35 and lets you get a few more stats out of it.

A surfing dog?!
Apr 23, 2006

Oh nice. I have a ton of gil and random ++ items, so I'll be sure to mess around with that.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Some day they will release the 6 star dark matter, and then these Tidal Knuckles will really clean up. And I will also have the most magical sword there is. and no gil

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

on an unrelated note does anyone have a link to the list of answers for the current trivia game? i’m sitting out in the sun on my porch and it seems as good a time to knock those out as any but i literally know nothing about final fantasy games except that i think one has a guy called greg

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

Cowcaster posted:

on an unrelated note does anyone have a link to the list of answers for the current trivia game? i’m sitting out in the sun on my porch and it seems as good a time to knock those out as any but i literally know nothing about final fantasy games except that i think one has a guy called greg

As usual the reddits got ya covered: https://www.reddit.com/r/FFRecordKeeper/comments/8tmowu/quiz_dungeons_cheat_sheets_summer_sun_festival/

eelmonger
Jun 20, 2008

Fister Roboto posted:

Status effects are solidly in the grave right now. Any fight where they'd work is easy enough that you don't need it, and any fight where they might be useful they won't work.

Agree. But for someone who stopped when shout was released, they probably still have a ton of realm and (if they come back again) renewels with "afflict X with sleep" medal conditions and having a 100% sleep source when all the others sources are kinda poo poo can be handy. Basically I'm just saying it's 95% garbo instead of utter garbo. Although, I guess with most of those dungeons you can afford to lose 3 medals, so yeah, throw it on the garbo pile.

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

I'M QUESTIONING MY EXISTENCE AND THIS IDIOT JUST WANTS TO PEE OFF A WALL

posting in an epic thread

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

Cowcaster posted:

They're all baaed on the events you see in the Record Dungeons. If you haven't done those I suggest you do so while they don't cost any stamina. You'll get all the answers there.

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

McDragon posted:

Some day they will release the 6 star dark matter, and then these Tidal Knuckles will really clean up. And I will also have the most magical sword there is. and no gil

Lol, I just assumed 6* dark matters we're locked behind content I couldn't clear

Shoenin
May 29, 2013

Everynight I wake up Screaming.
(and beating the dragon)
Question about Magicite effects

Does Precise Strikes stack with any Crit percentage setting SB (like Eiko/Zell BSSB) or do they just overwrite any increase chance Precise Strikes gives?
Speaking of which how much of an increased percentage does Precise Strikes lvl 8 actually give?

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
Decided to pull on banner 3 for a shot at any of the USBs instead of pulling on banner 5 like I originally planned.

1/11 Zack BSB. Not a dupe but holy poo poo what a gut punch.

Then of course stupid me pulled salty and set off the Desire Sensor (TM). 1/11 dupe Cloud BSB2.

Never pull. :negative:

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

djfooboo posted:

Lol, I just assumed 6* dark matters we're locked behind content I couldn't clear

Nah, they haven't been released yet.

Also if you go into the menu and try to reforge a base-6* ++ item, you'll see that on top of the nonexistent Dark Matter, you need 18 million gil to reforge base-6*s.

Per item.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!

KataraniSword posted:

you'll see that on top of the nonexistent Dark Matter, you need 18 million gil to reforge base-6*s.

Per item.

drat, I could only reforge five then if I still wanted to have a bit of Gil left over.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

This made me laugh

Whole lotta darkness behind The Scary Door

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."
My water stuff is good enough to sub 30 Liquid Flame and sub 40 Marilis at this point! This banner has Snow’s CSB on it and maybe it can finally get me to about half health on Tiamat for a change!

I know it’s one of the new chains but man it doesn’t help me actually feel like I can try to beat Tiamat with anything more than a rolled up ball of paper.

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

Tiamat is awful and it's hard to imagine that soon 5* magicite will be rolling out that is like 10x worse.

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

Tiamat is awful and it's hard to imagine that soon 5* magicite will be rolling out that is like 10x worse.

my 'good' ice options are:

Physical:
Squall BSB2/OSB
Ayame BSB

Magic:
Serah USB

So yeah, that's definitely not enough. Man, I'd hate to see the 5* wind magicite, if the two other magicite bosses are two of the hardest bosses in the entire series.

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

Last fest I got boned by the water banner, 3 pulls with no good water gear, lets see if this one can remedy it

ACCEPTABLE

the LMR is tidus' only enwater so i guess i'll just have to hope he + yuffie can kill maliris quickfastly

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Indecisive posted:

Last fest I got boned by the water banner, 3 pulls with no good water gear, lets see if this one can remedy it

ACCEPTABLE

the LMR is tidus' only enwater so i guess i'll just have to hope he + yuffie can kill maliris quickfastly

With Rikku newchain and Tidus ASB? Absofuckinlutely. You could probably sub-30 with those three, especially if you have Yuff's USB2.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Last time, I got 2x Locke Dagger, this time, 2x Rikku Targe. The only use for dupes is to feed them to an existing copy to increase the power of it, right?

a computer ghost
May 30, 2011

an unhackable cat???
Squall’s LMR and nothing else. Going 1/11 sucks but at least it was one of the things I wanted.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Kheldarn posted:

Last time, I got 2x Locke Dagger, this time, 2x Rikku Targe. The only use for dupes is to feed them to an existing copy to increase the power of it, right?
other people can equip them to get the synergy bonus in-realm

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

Kheldarn posted:

Yes, sadly. Well, if the relic is good enough you can keep 2 copies of it in case you want multiple people to equip it, but in general the only reason to do that is with gear that boosts elemental damage, since those are semi-rare.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

I finally had a couple of pulls where I really felt like I completely whiffed, even though I got a new chain it's Snow's, and I had Rinoa's already. Physical and magical distinction is nice at least, but it does kind of blow when what I really wanted from this banner was any gear that boosted ice-elemental attacks - there were three whole options and I missed them all! Oi. Just means that I can't be that down on my luck when I hit banner 5 in a couple of days... hopefully.

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

Indecisive posted:

... yeah, it was plenty.

Literally my first attempt so my execution was bad, entrusted way too much to tidus and elarra had no meter to heal with, but drat I wasn't expecting it to go THIS well

Benthalus
Jul 5, 2002

Wonderful pulls.

Still not a single chain yet. Ever.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

I've lost track. After today's 20 mythril (plus the ones from quizzes) are we expecting any more major mythril infusions?

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

At least this pull led to sub 30 on a 4* Magicite! :toot:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin
Does offensive white magic key off of Magic or Mind? I'm trying to make Rem work and it's kind of pertinent