Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire

A surfing dog?! posted:

So I got on for the first time since Agrias came out I think? That's the newest thing I can remember anyway. Which of these banners are worth using my mythril/gems on as a returning player? My stuff was pretty good at the time, but I know my poo poo is obsolete by now. I already did the 3 pull on the misc. Final Fantasy summer banner because I love me some Tactics and got a Brigandine.

Do all the realms on parade, you won't get any dupes so worth a shot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

You can sorta dismiss your notions of a "main" party because you easily have more than 5 viable characters with all those relics and some content will require adaptation. And as certain soul breaks wax and wane previous A listers will go away and new ones rise(I used to use Yshtola as my main white mage until i got Eikos burst and ultra, then i dropped her like a bad habit)
1 healer, 1 support and 3 damage will carry you through all but the strongest content.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Irrationally excited for this pull. Got squalls BSB2 and USB1 so that LM is drat appreciated. Already had rinoa for an ice chain but this is physical which means it synergizes a lot better with my ice team (Squall BSB2, Ayame BSB and Sora USB/AOSB)

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

I now have both Yuffie's BSBs and USBs. Im not trying to do this!

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Yeah onion kid is a staple of my teams and i don't regret diving him but I have his BSBs and both USBs.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

What jerk designed this Tantarian fight.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

I actually was...appreciative of BFA? A good old fashioned slog felt satisfying.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Fest banners are the one thing global always does "rebalance" so expect those to change too.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Its not in and of itself vital but full break is valued because it will stack with atk/mag breakdown. Plus any other number of weird break SBs.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Legend Dives are gradually becoming less "exclusive".
As someone who has made a few ill informed dives and still felt like i had plenty, its not the end of the world.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Palom ssb. Also a dupe.

Never pull.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Got my first disco ball from the free draw, Seifers USB2.
Now im excited when 9 o clock rolls around every day.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

What the hell is going on in the final boss of primrose's path? Ultimate Know Your Place does 9999 to all no matter what I do.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

2 disco balls!
Aerith and Red XIII usb!
Both dupes! :(

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Got Locke's chain. Very appreciated.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

I said come in! posted:

My hope was that I could get carried and get characters leveled up easily, if that is a thing? My highest level characters right now are just level 65.

The xp isnt good enough to do that but getting carried is absolutely possible to get mythril/orbs.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Finally cleared the dark and holy magicites. Decided to try the 4* and...yikes.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Honestly the sooner you accept this isnt a game to play with your ideal A team the better off you'll be.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Kheldarn posted:

Dear FFRK Developers,

Please add Final Fantasy Mystic Quest to the game.

There's an HD rerelease coming out next year for switch and ps4 so...maybe?

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

They're all BSB or better so for 15 mythril you cant go horribly wrong.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Its optional so whatever. Either put something like shadow bsb in the left most slot or turn the feature off.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Fat Samurai posted:

Do I really need 5 healers/Holy users to get that Curada?

A solid white magic BSB can coast you through. Power creep really shows in the nightmare battles. They were introduced back when BSBs were a new thing to articulate just how old they are.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Electric Phantasm posted:

How are you supposed to use Glints? For example I got Squall's GSB and BSB2 is there like a certain order they need to go in or something?

Glints are rarely good honestly. Theyve been trying really hard and their effects rarely justify wasting the bar. Especially with squall and his bsb2.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Thats a pretty incredible starting item. Go hog wild.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

AlexJade posted:

getting back into this after not playing since the first year it was out. Anything I really need to know or do to get running?

Quite a lot. Do the library missions for free relics and pull on the realm banners for cheap stuff.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

I was waffling on whether i really wanted to pull on the ultra banner and decided what the hell, I'll indulge

...good call!

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

The cores are just so bizzare. They were designed with a very different game in mind and just somehow survived the development process.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Nightmare bosses are basically puzzles. You can't just bring your A team and wipe it.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

DeadButDelicious posted:

I got Shantotto CSB, Aranea LMR and Faris USB2 (dupe). I already have Kain's CSB but it's nice to know the option of magic lightning is there if I want it.

When you get to 5* magicite having both a magic and physical team becomes necessary so itll be useful.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Yaaaaaaaaaay

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

DeadButDelicious posted:

Curious is KH3 version means a whole new character or a new wardrobe record. I'd really love some new kit for my existing Riku instead of splitting it a across two characters. I think the only character they split in two/has two versions is Cecil?

Id put money down theyre costumes.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Armitage posted:

Did the recent update that added the daily rewards gem package do anything to the daily draws? It’s been almost all 1* since that update happened and I’m tempted to not pull on a daily for awhile.

Just poo poo luck. I've noticed no change.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

MarcusSA posted:

If you already have godwall what’s the next best thing on that USB select list?

Ellara's USB is pretty much the top tier healing relic out there. If you dont have it I'd prioritize it.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Blockhouse posted:

I just got that last night. Other than TG Cid and Beatrix who's good for Knight-ing?

It's going to be based on your SBs but Marche and Agrias are pretty good.

FFT has a bit of a theme.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Got Alphs chain. Thats 6/8 elements covered with chains.