Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shock Trooper
Oct 24, 2006

TERROR BALTIMORE
I haven't done a multiplayer raid since mote dungeons got added

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shock Trooper
Oct 24, 2006

TERROR BALTIMORE
Daily draw ended up being Orlandeau OSB

....which would have been amazing if I didn't already have a +++ of it, but hey

Shock Trooper
Oct 24, 2006

TERROR BALTIMORE

the Daily Draw is introducing me to garbage I had no idea even existed in the game

Shock Trooper
Oct 24, 2006

TERROR BALTIMORE

well uhh, this would be cool if I didn't already have Lightning USB

Shock Trooper
Oct 24, 2006

TERROR BALTIMORE
yeah uh, guess I need to sit down and learn how to do some of those new Torments so I can actually get that new 6* lightning spellblade then. I've been super lazy about doing the high end stuff lately.

Sadly I don't have Queen's LMR, but I do have Lightning's LMR so...

Shock Trooper
Oct 24, 2006

TERROR BALTIMORE
So the freebie 5* sword they gave us DOESN'T have synergy in the Octopath raids? Um.... alright then...

Shock Trooper
Oct 24, 2006

TERROR BALTIMORE
REALMS ON PARADE!!!!!!! Progress Report

0: Queen USB. Would be cool if I didn't already have Lightning USB but hey it's new
T: Alma BSB. Sadly it's my best healer relic for Tactics now.
15: Gladiolus LMR dupe
14: Minfilia BSB dupe
13: Sazh SSB dupe
12: Gabranth LMR, I have nothing else for him
11: Curilla USB, ok cool
10: Seymour LMR! I have his Dark Chain so I will gladly take a chance of doublecast LMR for him!

Shock Trooper
Oct 24, 2006

TERROR BALTIMORE
Alright, so RoP review:

0 - Queen USB
T - Alma BSB
15 - Gladiolus LMR (dupe)
14 - Minfilia BSB (dupe)
13 - Sazh SSB (dupe)
12 - Gabranth LMR
11 - Curilla USB
10 - Seymour LMR
9 - Garnet SSB
8 - Raijin OSB
7 - Barret BSB
6 - Leo SSB
5 - Krile LMR
4 - Decil LMR
3 - Desch USB
2 - Minwu LMR
1 - Echo BSB

Honestly, only 3 dupes out of 17 is way less than I was expecting. A few USB's, and getting Krile and Seymour LMR's were nice since I have their respective Fire and Dark Chains, so getting extra doublecasts on those characters is more than welcome. Not too shabby.

Lucky Draws:

LMR - 2/11, Freya and Lenna - ehh
OSB - 3/11, Fang, Edgar, WoL (dupe) - well, getting a 6* gun is nice at least
USB - 1/11, Selphie USB. Cool

Shock Trooper
Oct 24, 2006

TERROR BALTIMORE
5 pulls.

2/11 - Faris BSB, Papaylmo LMR
1/11 - Faris BSB again
1/11 - Elarra LMR
2/11 - Elarra LMR again, and... TERROR BALTIMORE USB2 THANK GOD
3/11 - Cloud AOSB, Cloud Glint, Papaylmo BSB

I mean... I got TERROR's new toy and I'm happy about that but kinda gutted I can't get Elarra USB. I don't think I can justify another pull with what's left of my mythril.

Shock Trooper
Oct 24, 2006

TERROR BALTIMORE
1/11 Shelke BSB.

Well, that's that then. I've been extremely lazy about attempting to do higher-end content in this game as of late (I still haven't even bothered to clear a 4* Magicite yet), and decided to see if the Festival could entice me into giving a poo poo again. Guess not!

Stuff I wanted out of over 400 mythril spent:

Better ice stuff
Better lightning stuff
A 2.0 Chain
TERROR BALTIMORE USB2
Elarra USB

At least I got the waifu pull. Sigh

Shock Trooper
Oct 24, 2006

TERROR BALTIMORE

Shock Trooper
Oct 24, 2006

TERROR BALTIMORE

this would be cool if I had like, literally anything else for Maria. oh well, at least it's +Earth

Shock Trooper
Oct 24, 2006

TERROR BALTIMORE
only 5 stages in the newest Realm Dungeon Update? We don't even get those "sneak preview" screens of the next update for clearing all the Classic dungeons anymore? I mean I know Realm Dungeons are practically an afterthought since everybody focuses on the events and Torments and Magicites and whatnot, but still....

Shock Trooper
Oct 24, 2006

TERROR BALTIMORE
REALMS ON PARADE!!! Halfway mark progress report

Type-0 - Seven LMR, I have nothing else for him
FF15 - Noctis Glint, I somehow have nothing else for him
FF14 - Yda LMR, whatever
FF13 - Snow USB... yay?
FF12 - Ashe USB dupe
FF11 - Aphmau USB dupe
FF10 - Kimahri USB, lol at least it's new
FF9 - Garnet BSB2, my 3rd copy of this

so far, mostly a big pile of OOFs

Shock Trooper
Oct 24, 2006

TERROR BALTIMORE

eelmonger posted:

Even on a turd like Kimahri, elemental radiant shields are really handy, especially if you have a chain. I use it against both 5* fire magicites.

Attestant posted:

Kimahri USB is an amazing silver bullet for one of the 5* fire magicite if you have a chain to go with it. You can radiant shield tank the fight to a pretty silly degree.

I'll keep this in mind if I ever feel like doing all the 4* Magicites first. Good to know, though!

edit: decided to finally try Marilis. Well, ok then.

Shock Trooper fucked around with this message at 11:33 on Dec 17, 2018

Shock Trooper
Oct 24, 2006

TERROR BALTIMORE

Onmi posted:

Big thanks to everyone who's given me help. Started playing 20 days ago and I've finished up mastering the Nightmare. Not sure if I'm ready for Magicite but I can confidently clear around 220 content.

Just have to finish the orb dungeons and mote dungeons to finish off the current book.

Even if the Nightmare dungeons have been power crept a bit by the current state of relics, clearing all of those within 3 weeks of starting is pretty drat impressive.

(Realizing now that I never did go back to attempt to get Mastery on Kaiser Dragon but ehhhh gently caress it)

Shock Trooper
Oct 24, 2006

TERROR BALTIMORE

Armitage posted:

Did the recent update that added the daily rewards gem package do anything to the daily draws? It’s been almost all 1* since that update happened and I’m tempted to not pull on a daily for awhile.

It takes like 10 seconds, why would you not pull?

I pulled a crappy Relm SSB the other day. Things other than 1*'s still exist on it.

Shock Trooper
Oct 24, 2006

TERROR BALTIMORE
wow at the difficulty 120 stage on this event taking 120 stamina. Maybe it wasn't such a good idea to make all three bosses take 40 stamina each? Not a big deal since we just got free stamina pots but still..... what

Shock Trooper
Oct 24, 2006

TERROR BALTIMORE
I have Aerith USB2 and I ended up choosing Elarra from the USB select anyway. No regrets. (Unless I end up pulling it on an Anniversary banner)

Shock Trooper
Oct 24, 2006

TERROR BALTIMORE
FF Type-0 - Queen BSB, not really necessary when I have her USB already
FFT - Agrias USB2! Neat!
FFXV - Ignis BSB holy poo poo yes yes yesssssssss

In other news, I decided to take a crack at Hades again as it was the last 4* magicite I still had left to clear. Thought Agrias USB2 would help, but still wasn't quite enough. Went back to the original plan, tweaked a little more, and jackpot. Now I've cleared and sub-30'd all the 4*'s.

I don't know if I'm ready to get my rear end kicked by 5*'s yet. Other than Phoenix which I can supposedly do with Kimahri USB + water chain.

Shock Trooper
Oct 24, 2006

TERROR BALTIMORE
Ysayle USB. That's the third really good non-dupe in a row. If I waste all my luck here I'm worried about the Anniversary banners........

Shock Trooper
Oct 24, 2006

TERROR BALTIMORE
Snow's Ice Chain. Even if it's a 1.0 chain on a character that's not that great, I didn't have an Ice chain yet so I will gladly take it with open arms.

5 for 5 so far on getting new relics from these draws with 4 of them being Pretty drat Good (3 disco balls + Ignis BSB). This is probably already the best Realms On Parade for me yet.

Shock Trooper
Oct 24, 2006

TERROR BALTIMORE
Maintenance is tonight in like 6 hours! Be sure to spend your Stam and/or buy mythril/stamina pots from the Gysahl shop!

Shock Trooper
Oct 24, 2006

TERROR BALTIMORE
I've been sitting on over 1000 Major Growth Eggs that I never used to level up all my underused characters to 99, I would just stick them in my daily farming party so.... I guess I'd feel like all the EXP wasn't wasted? (I was still just autobattling with legend dived Orlandeau with the Earth Strike attack RM, so SOME of the EXP was wasted)

Now there's no need to do this because Magia is more important, even if the buffs are minor. So now I have everyone at 99 and just have to worry about putting a handful of characters in some easy battles to get their RM2's before the RM3's to satisfy that OCD. Hooray!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shock Trooper
Oct 24, 2006

TERROR BALTIMORE

staplegun posted:

Is diving everyone just sort of expected for 5* magicites? I think that I have a good chance of being able to clear madeen but I haven't had a lot of success so far. I'm gun shy as hell when it comes to spending motes.

I completely understand the hoarder mentality when it comes to motes, but sometimes you have to ask: if you're not willing to spend motes to clear some of the hardest content in the game, then what ARE you saving them for? If a dived character helps you clear just one 5* magicite dungeon then I think it's worth it. The only real nightmare scenario is when you dive someone and it's NOT enough to help you clear, or you end up pulling a better relic for someone else that outclasses the original character.