Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Fister Roboto posted:

Do you have Tyro's LMR? If so, definitely get Godwall. Even in fights where the wall is redundant, getting proshellhastega up in a single action is wonderful.

So like it’s been a hot minute since I’ve played but the LMR is this right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

When I stopped playing I seem to recall them moving away from wall being actually useful?

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Elephant Ambush posted:

Depends. Some fights ignore defense and/or resistance. Others it's fine.

So overall it’s very useful then?

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

I had $50 in iTunes cards so now I have god wall and his LMR lol.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Hey so I have multiple copies of stuff is there any reason not to combine them?

I know armor shouldn’t really be combined right?

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Sesq posted:

It depends if they boost elemental damage. If not, go nuts combining them. Armor, too. If they do have a boost, then it depends if you have enough for the whole party if you do combine them. If you're not sure, don't for now.

Edit: in the case of that particular Zidane OSB, it boosts wind, but only for synergy. Not too many situations where you'll need two wind boosting swords for FF9 situations, but there are some edge cases. You can probably combine them.

With those Beatrix BSBs, probably keep them separate unless you've got tons of holy swords. If you don't have many now, you will eventually, in which case you can safely combine them.

Ok thanks! It’s a lot to wrap my head around so I’m just trying to get things straight.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

So if you draw it twice that’s at least 4 6* relics right?

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

If you already have godwall what’s the next best thing on that USB select list?

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

RagnarokAngel posted:

Ellara's USB is pretty much the top tier healing relic out there. If you dont have it I'd prioritize it.

Ok cool I picked that. Should I fully record dive her then? I assume she’s worth it.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Lights posted:

I remember getting a lot of mileage out of Y'sh's Asylum SB, too.

I still really like it. It’s pretty legit IMO.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Hey yo wtf how am I supposed to clear these mote dungeons? Like they say they are 180 difficultly but it sure doesn’t feel like that.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

MF_James posted:

If you're just starting? Utility (This person will use your Atk/Mag buff), 3 DPS that fit the theme and have good BSBs/USBs, and a healer.

Your utility person will drop one of the proshellgas, then their ATK/MAG SB, and then their other ability slot can slot a dmg of the specific type you're again
Your healer will drop the other of proshellga, maybe the RW (a DPS can do this instead if needed), then heal and use their BSB/USB eventually when you need it
Your DPS will... DPS?

These fights are a hone and elemental synergy check (i.e. can you field 3 dudes that can do fire/wind/whatever damage and have you honed enough ability uses to go across all of them)

Ok like obviously 3* abilities ain’t gonna cut it but will 4* ones or should I focus on 5*?

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

MF_James posted:

I highly recommend not wasting time on anything under 5* except in specific instances (some summons and a few utility things etc)

Ok well poo poo I’ve got some farming to do.

How many hones should I get to then? 6?

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

So yo I'm like retarded at this game but does anyone have a guide which shows which teams / abilities can clear these stupid loving mote dungeons? Like I feel like I should be doing a lot better but its just not working.

Should all my dudes be level 99? They seem to do poo poo damage even at level 99 using the correct spells / skills.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

MF_James posted:

Yeah post what your teams are, what abilities and SBs they are carrying and we can go from there.

If you have any other relevant USBs/BSBs that match the element of the mote dungeon, it wouldn't hurt to note those as well.

OK thanks guys I'll get some stuff together in a few and post what I'm trying to bang my head against.

I'll get these eventually!

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Ok so yo this is the team I was trying to take down the dark mote dude down with.

First problem Sephs arcane needs 3 bars but you only get two sooo he’s worthless?

Second everyone only does like 1k damage even with their bsbs.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

XavierGenisi posted:

what soul breaks are they equipped with? Arcanes are worthless in mote dungeons, because you get two bars per character, and those two bars are all you have to use.

I just tried to pick ones with dark damage I’ll have to drop seph though since he’s worthless.

I’ll check the abilities too it seems like dark damage is a bitch to get.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

If you have someone who can use heavy attacks (I always forget who has access off the top of my head), there is a dark-flavored combo that is pretty good. For Edea, your best bet is probably Memento Mori + Dark Zone, and Death Throes + Reaping Scythe is the physical equivalent. Also, if you have any ninjas leveled up, the dark ninja skills are really fuckin' good, provided you can keep the phys blink up. They are even more bonkers on a ninja with a doublecast legend dive, but I'm assuming you aren't at that point yet if you're using sub-99 characters. No matter what, the damage is probably not going to be amazing unless you have a good buff of some kind - do you have any breaks that offer an attack or magic boost, preferably with haste attached?

Well I was using Ramza with shout. I’ll look into the rest of those though. I have quite a few eggs and MC3s so I can boost whatever.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

Shout is good! I would do something like:

Ramza
Riku
Edge or Shadow
Probably still Seph? Unless you have another dark physical user
Elarra

For physical, your best skill combos are gonna be:

Sanguine Cross + Dark Bargain
Crimson Cross + Dark Bargain
Reaping Scythe + Death Throes

If you think you can beat the boss within 30 seconds, Reaping Scythe + Death Throes is a good, safe option, otherwise you're gonna want to go with one of the other two. Both of them deal damage to you when you use them, though iirc Sanguine Cross got a buff and takes less health. With Elarra's regenga it probably doesn't matter much which one you pick unless you're getting killed by sudden damage spikes. Sanguine Cross is cheaper to hone so I'd probably pick that one. Seph has samurai 5 so you could also use Hailstorm instead of Dark Bargain, depending on what kind of attacks are dealing the most damage to you. I think Red Dragon uses almost entirely magic, so Hailstorm is probably better?

Stay away from Dread Weapon and Dwindling Spirit, the former really needs a good USB to be effective and the latter is just bad.

Whatever ninja you bring, just slap the dark ninja combo on them. With an attack buff from Ramza, they should do at least respectable damage.

I'd probably bring Shell on Elarra, you need more mitigation. You could also lose banishing strike on Ramza and bring Magic Breakdown instead to make the damage more manageable. Unless I'm forgetting something, the boss doesn't have any statuses to dispel.

For a basic strategy:

Put up wall and shell asap. Ramza uses shout, then full break + magic breakdown. Anyone with a BSB that boosts dark damage uses that right away, then uses their attack boost ability + spams Sanguine Cross / Reaping Scythe instead of using their BSB commands. Your ninja uses his phys blink ability twice (or more if he gets whacked with a physical attack), then spams his multi-hit darkness ability. If the fight drags on for longer than 30 seconds, make sure you reapply your mitigation at around the 28 second mark.

This is awesome thanks! I'm gonna try this now.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Ok so I did some messing around after taking the advice here and this is what I came up with.

I have Leon’s ultra which boosts dark and I have shadows bsb. I also did a little record diving on both of them for a bit of extra dark damage.

I won’t be able to try it for a bit though because I need orbs to hone poo poo but I feel like on paper this should work.

Thanks!

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

MF_James posted:

fully dive shadow asap imo, shadow/edge/yuffie are amazing dives because they get double cast ninja abilities

OK I'll keep that in mind. I don't have very many 4* motes yet but I'll add him to the list of dudes to fully dive.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Yeah thanks guys! I actually cleared my first one! I took down the earth one but not quite under 30 seconds.

Used this team

Tifa is the all star for real and Cinque I brought because she was only other character with an earth break. I couldn’t find any earth abilities for her to use so she just did a little damage.

Progress though! I’ll definitely be able to clear it in under 30s soon.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Electric Phantasm posted:

If you have enough invest some major orbs into Heavy Physical for Cinque immediately.

Ok so like I’m kinda slow when it comes to this game but what the hell is that? I couldn’t find it anywhere in the abilities pages.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Electric Phantasm posted:

It's under other and group 2. I wish they would reorganize the shop, there is so many "other" abilities it's a pain to find them.

Also since we're talking about HP does anyone have a rundown on Gigant Swing vs. Stone Press.

I assume Gigant Swing is better for chain building, but if you don't have one which one is better damage wise?

Ok thanks!!! I swear I looked there.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Woohoo! I did it! 24 seconds on that toonberry fucker!

Holy poo poo though Cins 5* earth ability did 75k damage lol. She da MVP.

One thing I’m not clear on though do heavy charges get used up when you use an ability? I feel like they do but the game doesn’t say for sure.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Do chain bonuses like say to lighting damage stack?i have Kains chain and shantottos chain and I’m trying to figure out if I should run both of them on my mote team.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Nihilarian posted:

they do not stack. Pick one or the other, depending on whether your team is physical or magical

Oh balls that’s lame.

Well I mean I could use both for now and just pop one at the start then one later if the first one wears off.

I don’t have a very good number of lightning weapons. I’ll do some digging.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Cattail Prophet posted:

To elaborate, you can only ever have one chain active at a time. Casting a chain for a different element or a realm chain would also overwrite the lightning chain.

Oooooh ok ok that makes sense too. I wasn’t sure if the second chain added on to the combo or whatever but that makes sense.

Thanks!

Edit: hell yes lightning mote down. I ran out of growth eggs but once I get two dudes to 99 I’ll be able to do it in under 30 seconds.

MarcusSA fucked around with this message at 05:12 on Mar 4, 2019

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

I got ramzas ultra shout? I guess it’s better vs regular shout? I dunno

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

MarquiseMindfang posted:

if you mean the USB1 that gives party IC1, I hate you because that was a strong contender for my USB dream pick

This right?

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

I mean we are getting what 3 mith a day for free? I dunno I feel like it’s worth it but it depends on what you have in your box already.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

:shrug:

I mean I’ll take it but drat I have a lot of fire poo poo.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Kheldarn posted:

Got Shitotto's Lightning Chain yesterday. I think it's Gen 1, because it's not 150. But whatever. At least it's not yet another Fire Soul Break.

What do you mean 150?

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

xanthan posted:

Gen 2 chains go up to 150 instead of just 99.

Ah ok I see it now.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

So if I read this right just get all your crystals and hold on to them till the elemental gear is released?

Also these weapons are for realm synergy and pretty much negate the need to hold onto weapons unless it has an elemental bonus right?

Like master the SBs and poo poo can them?

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

:shrug:

Also god Refias god hand which seems good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Well ok?

I already have ramzas but sure I’ll take the rest.