Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PneumonicBook
Sep 26, 2007

Do you like our owl?

Ultra Carp
Grabbed OK's LMR. Thinking of grabbing Terra's OSB since I just pulled her USB and BSB.

PneumonicBook fucked around with this message at 02:33 on Jul 2, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PneumonicBook
Sep 26, 2007

Do you like our owl?

Ultra Carp
As I was sitting here a minute ago looking at my fully dived setzer I started wondering what the odds are that Dena makes any decent support skills in the future... maybe 5* versions of the breakdowns that hit multiple times? As of now a no poo poo support character seems like a waste of a slot. I guess this is a weird complaint since on content where pentabreaks work hes awesome.

PneumonicBook
Sep 26, 2007

Do you like our owl?

Ultra Carp

ceaselessfuture posted:

Breaks are useful for every super boss up right now! In addition, 5* magicites are less break resistant than their precursors, so you may yet find a use for him!

I didn't know that about the 5* magicites, excellent. He'll also be able to put in work in the ff6 new torment I spose.

PneumonicBook
Sep 26, 2007

Do you like our owl?

Ultra Carp
Decided to do a pull on banner 5 because I needed som earth tech, got 1/11 Tifa LMR (I have nothing else for Tifa). I feel like fest banners should give some kind of protection from 1/11 LMR considering it's a festival of (ostensibly) fun and happiness. I would say I can't complain because my Banner 1 pulls got me a complete Elarra but that took 8 loving pulls. GAMBLING!!!!!!!!!

PneumonicBook
Sep 26, 2007

Do you like our owl?

Ultra Carp
Went back through the 3* magicites with all of the new stuff I grabbed in the last month or so and got all of them down to under 30 seconds except golem, but my golem strategy was to just power through with zack and cloud. If I used a magic team I should be able to get it under 30, I've got fujin's usb and bsb and just pulled ultimecia's squall like wind bsb. Decided to try some 4's and got Maliris to under 20 seconds (lol) once, consistently under 24, and was able to beat Ixion in 34 with just Cinque and Bartz. I'm all out of shards now though. In a week or two the shards go away correct?

PneumonicBook fucked around with this message at 10:15 on Jul 7, 2018

PneumonicBook
Sep 26, 2007

Do you like our owl?

Ultra Carp

Hogama posted:

It may have been a mislabeling of Ultimecia whose burst DOES function similarly to a wind/dark magical Squall.

Yea it's ultimecia. Ff8 is the only one I didn't play so one witch lady is the same as the other, my bad.

PneumonicBook fucked around with this message at 16:18 on Jul 7, 2018

PneumonicBook
Sep 26, 2007

Do you like our owl?

Ultra Carp
I got Ignis' USB off the crystal tower dollar pull... this seems pretty incredible for fire teams.

PneumonicBook
Sep 26, 2007

Do you like our owl?

Ultra Carp
One pull got me Bartz USB2, Glint, and Krile LMR.

I was going for the earth chain but I'm certainly not complaining. Is Bartz's USB2 a straight upgrade from USB1?

Reddit says: USB1 is slightly better with no other considerations. USB1 is a lot better when a chain is involved. USB2 overtakes USB1 when sources of fast cast are available, and has it's oveflow hit at the end, which offers utility on 5* magicite. But they are very comparable it seems.

PneumonicBook fucked around with this message at 02:35 on Jul 27, 2018

PneumonicBook
Sep 26, 2007

Do you like our owl?

Ultra Carp

Benthalus posted:

I went 1/11 for Bartz USB2 and already have USB1, is there any utility to building up enough SB gauge to drop both sequentially (maybe with an entruster), then just spellblade away?

Still no chain.

I think that's my plan. Going to bring him to a couple jump starts to see how it feels.

PneumonicBook
Sep 26, 2007

Do you like our owl?

Ultra Carp

Ripley posted:

The Daily Draw rate change might have been stealth-implemented with today's maintenance...

Not sure why they wouldn't announce it unless it's being saved for the video, but it's worth pulling today if you don't normally.

I pulled Agrias' OSB so...yea this is okay.

PneumonicBook
Sep 26, 2007

Do you like our owl?

Ultra Carp
The only thing I didn't have was Noctis' LMR, got Cloud and Cid's discos.

Does japan have 6 star dark matter yet? I could use some 9 star swords.

PneumonicBook
Sep 26, 2007

Do you like our owl?

Ultra Carp

Hitlers Gay Secret posted:

Oh trust me, I have everyone that matters leveled up to either 65 or 80 with a handful at 99. Cloud's stats are maxed out with everything I can muster (I use him as my example because this loving game has decided to grace me with everything of his apparently) and I have healers, magic users, summoners, and Sephiroth all as maxed out as I can without putting actual money into it. I also do not want to put money into this turd so if the solution is to but more gatchas I may finally delete this poo poo and free myself from this stupid stressful bullshit excuse of a game.

I mean the only thing I still don't understand is all the "rws" and "rofks" and other gibberish you make up (well, and anything past the nightmare dungeons) but other than that this has been a "auto-battle until boss fight than spam attacks" game up until this poo poo.

Why are you seemingly obsessed with clearing the nightmares to get access to magicites? Going back through your posts you seem to have a mismash of fairly low power relics except for Bartz. Why not just complete the events as they come and eventually once you've built up a stable of characters and abilities come back to the Nightmare dungeons? I mean based on your posting all the magicite fights are going to do is piss you off because they're all puzzly gimmicky fights for the most part that take a lot of setup when starting out.

Like what is it you're looking to get out of the game that is pushing you toward the endgame content?

PneumonicBook
Sep 26, 2007

Do you like our owl?

Ultra Carp

Hitlers Gay Secret posted:

I have been playing this game on and off since 2015 and would like to stop sitting at this content wall that I have for the last two-three years? :shrug: I have every available character and am running out of desire to replay the same events over and over, especially when I can't participate in the event battles that actually earn you neat stuff like 5* job motes.

The sunk-cost fallacy has me neck deep in this poo poo. I just wanted to play a Final Fantasy game that let me play as my favorite characters that everyone loves to shun like Zack, Beatrix, and Laguna.

That makes sense. With no context it just seemed like you were smashing your head on the wall for funsies. Have you looked at the Nightmare guides on Reddit? That's what I used when I came back to the game and it mostly worked out. Or failing that using roaming warriors can probably trivialize some of the fights but I don't know off hand which RW's would demolish which record. If someone does and wanted to post something I'm sure the thread has enough relics to push you through some of the fights.

PneumonicBook
Sep 26, 2007

Do you like our owl?

Ultra Carp
I'm having a hard time with the USB select banner...its between Squalls, Paloms, or Godwall.

The only other ice dps I have is Squalls BSB, palom is a great magic generalist, and godwall is godwall. The thing about godwall is in a lot of content you end up with a free wall though, and squalls bsb is pretty great at ice damage already so I guess I'm leaning Palom.

PneumonicBook
Sep 26, 2007

Do you like our owl?

Ultra Carp
I dont have his lmr unfortunately. It's probably on the lmr select isnt it?

PneumonicBook
Sep 26, 2007

Do you like our owl?

Ultra Carp
Turns out I do have Tyros lmr, so godwall it is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PneumonicBook
Sep 26, 2007

Do you like our owl?

Ultra Carp
I got Gogos Falchion, Red Scorpion, and Mythril Whiplade.

Welcome to my 6 torment team Gogo! I drew Gogos LMR on a daily a couple of days ago too.

Edit: wtf why is gogo 5 star black/white/combat? That's an odd decision.

PneumonicBook fucked around with this message at 02:32 on Mar 25, 2019