Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

And at the end of fear, oblivion.

*tons of fest content out*

*only runs mote dungeons*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

Red soul with ogre mages is the only battle I can remember where sleep matters, and it's pretty power creeped.

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

I'm a lot higher on noctis than most folks. Attitude here seems to spit on NE damage. Seems like it'd be a lot of damage with a crit damage booster like chant to me, although building up 3 bars without throwing out an SSB would feel weird.

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fucksticks. 2/11, dupe aphmau BSB and useless garnet lmr.

Godwall and ramza csb this fest, and gently caress all besides.

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

I'm too scared of a pull like that to throw at this banner, and I desperately need a good ice weapon. Pulling for Squall USB2 seems like the heart of folly.

Although, pulling on fest banners with no dupes seemed bulletproof and they still ended in a sads. So maybe...maybe I should try the inverse?

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fister Roboto posted:

Bwah ha ha! Your weapons tickle!

Literally killed him a minute ago.

9999x8 tickles?

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Neutral Zone Trap posted:

A restaurant owner murders a horse

Or a sub 15 Ixion without a blink using hastega instead.

Let's see if I can duplicate that...

OK pUSB? Check.
OK LMR? No check.
Tifa LMR? No check.
Tifa USB2? No check.
Tifa AOSB? No check.
Bartz...anything useful? No check.
Elarra USB? No check.

So I'm...part of the way there.

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Avalerion posted:

Went and knocked out the rest of the 4*, only Tiamat left but out of keystones for now. Kind of worried since I know that one's notorious, Squall bsb2 probably won't be enough so I'll try going the mag route with Rinoa and Ysayle instead. Still pretty thrilled with my progress, feel like I'm finally catching up to the vets here. :D

Dived squall with bsb2 got me tiamat down. Wasn't pretty but it's possible.

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Neutral Zone Trap posted:

Probably intentional but terrible design nevertheless.
It just seems like a massive inherent limitation when trying to mix fidelity to the original FF lore and crafting a new balanced challenging experience.

When you keep one-upping the difficulty level while leaving the artificial realm constraints in place, something's going to give.

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

2/11

Ysayle BSB and yuffie lmr.

Have yuffies old sb/SSB and her aosb.

Had nothing for ysayle.

Not sure the draw was a game changer. Just...nice stuff? More incentive to finish yuffie's dive?

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Virulence posted:

3/11

Tifa AOSB, Rufus BSB, Queen SSB

All I have for Tifa is her en-earth BSB but hey, I'll take it.

Uh that's all you need for tifa.

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fister Roboto posted:

If you want to access New Torments, you have to set your phone's time zone to Tokyo time.

I'm not joking.

If they're gonna put us on Japan time, they better give us Japan daily draws with that update.

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

I played FFTA2 like 150 hours and I remember nothing about it. I remember FFTA1's plot and characters just fine.

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

NinjaDebugger posted:

I don't know why. FFTA2's plot is really easy to remember. Luso gets sent to a fantasy world and is like "gently caress YEAH, TIME TO BE A HERO!" and he does.

If there's no plot, is there anything to remember?

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fister Roboto posted:

I just went through my inventory and vaulted every weapon and armor that doesn't have some kind of elemental boost or status resistance. I'm also starting to hold on to 3* and 4* weapons from pulls that have boosts. Saved at least 50 slots. At this stage of the game it's almost trivial to reach the stat softcap even with a lovely weapon.

Uh, not gonna have too many armors left, chief.

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Froghammer posted:

Anybody actually use the lower tier characters? I get a surprising amount of use out of Steiner

What even qualifies as a lower tier character? A lot of characters can go from useless to situationally great with a single relic.

Like I never used Edgar, then I got his USB. And now he's dived and rad.

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

No dupes need some bartz tech here we go!

1/11 galuf BSB
1/11 Lenna lmr

Welp. I don't think I'm gonna do more than log in and collect the daily myth for a while. gently caress this game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Zero dupes on FFV banner 1.

3/33

Lenna LMR
Galuf BSB
Bartz BSB

Laters, game.