Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lights
Dec 9, 2007

Lights, the Peacock King, First of His Name.

Paine LMR and USB. Seems good?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lights
Dec 9, 2007

Lucky Draw gave me Cloud's AOSB, Warrior of Light 1st-gen Chain. I'm pretty happy with this result!

Lights
Dec 9, 2007

4/11, Yuna's Grand Summon Overdrive plus some junk materia I don't think I'll use.

What're the pro picks from this BSB selection? I was thinking maybe Cloud's BSB2 since I have his AOSB and USB1?

Lights
Dec 9, 2007

Pulled Noctis LMR. I have his bsb and aosb already, so this seems useful.

Lights
Dec 9, 2007

FF7 Parade gave me Zack's Wind Chain and Sephiroth's overstrike. Don't think I'll complain about that!

Lights
Dec 9, 2007

Well. FFVI gut punched me with Umaro's SSB. Guess that's what I get for the good FFVII pull.

Lights
Dec 9, 2007

Picked up Elarra's USB, bsb, and materia off two pulls, plus Faris USB and Cloud's glint. Pretty happy here.

Lights
Dec 9, 2007

Force Stealer #5. Well, at least I'm set for FFVII wind swords.

Lights
Dec 9, 2007

Kheldarn posted:

This says, "Instantly grant the user Empowered Infusion for Ice". Does that mean it makes my attacks Ice, or does it just buff any Ice attacks I use?

It turns the standard Attack into an ice attack (pointless in most situations), and boosts the power of any Ice-element abilities that the character uses.

e:f,b. :negative:

Lights
Dec 9, 2007

Healer lucky was actually pretty good to me; Aerith USB and Larza USB. Don't have anything else for them (and have Ellara USB), but I figure more options in healers is good. Mage lucky gave me Ashe AOSB/USB, pretty happy with that too.

Lights
Dec 9, 2007

Fister Roboto posted:

410,757,864,530 DEAD KEEPERS

Savage Black Cauldron 'em all 1989.

Lights
Dec 9, 2007

1/11 Alphinaud Glint. I knew I shouldn't pull on this banner. Punished :negative:

Lights
Dec 9, 2007

Larsa's Glint actually looks pretty good too. Astra + Esuna isn't a bad deal for one bar. Obviously the USB is a better option most of the time, but I wouldn't hate drawing that.

Lights
Dec 9, 2007

My Kraken team is Garnet(CSB)/Ashe(AOSB/USB)/Reno (USB)/Tyro(Godwall)/Elarra(USB), and I pretty reliably sub 30, so you should probably be good with subbing Shan for Garnet.

Lights
Dec 9, 2007

Type 0: Machina USB
15: Noctis AOSB Dupe
14: Cid BSB (? Seems like it might be ok-ish)
13: Snow LRM Dupe (ouch.)

Lights
Dec 9, 2007

Electric Phantasm posted:

XIII: Lightning Arcane

My first one :toot:

Are Arcanes useful?

I've gotten a fair amount of use out of Cele's, since I don't have anyone else with a good Ice SB to pair with Squall. Just gotta make sure it hits at the tail end of a chain and with all your buffs up.

Lights
Dec 9, 2007

I was super excited when I pulled four disco balls in the USB lucky. But it was a dupe Faris USB2, two terrible Gilgamesh USBs (high retaliate, and random chase) , and Cloud of Darkness's lovely USB. Yuck.

Lights
Dec 9, 2007

XavierGenisi posted:

CoD’s USB is pretty solid. The chaser isn’t great, since it’s AoE with one hit, and there’s not much high difficulty multi-target fights where you’d use it, but it does good work. If you already have great dark magic, then yeah you can sideline CoD for other picks, but it’s still a pretty alright USB.

I've got Kuja and Cid Raines USBs (full dives on each), along with Seymour's CSB, so I'm pretty set on Dark magic users. Maybe if there's a fight in the future where the AoE is useful enough to justify leveling CoD...

Lights
Dec 9, 2007

Elephant Ambush posted:

I feel like this with 5*. I have a decked out Queztalcoatl team but I can barely scratch him before wiping. I honestly have no idea what to do. I've posted my team and followed advice and I think I'm just going to wait until I get some kind of crazy earth awakening SB next year. These are just bullshit and not fun at all.

This is kinda where I'm at with 5*s too, but I'm working on building some fire resist 4* magicite decks; I can kill Marilis in 18 seconds so my dps SHOULD be good enough for Phoenix, just need to actually survive it. I'm hoping that a pair of 10% fire resist magicite with 10% extra resist inherited on will be enough to bridge the gap (for a total of like 19% after stacking reductions?)

Lights
Dec 9, 2007

2/33, Gilgamesh USB dupe and Galuf CSB, giving me my final element chain. Definitely happy about that!

Lights
Dec 9, 2007

So now that I have an Earth chain for Galuf, I need to figure out who my earth team actually is. I've got earth USBs for Tifa, Dorgann, and Cinque. It looks like Dorgann is the weakest of the options here. However, he could use earth Knight skills and not force me to have to craft and hone a second set of either monk or heavy physical earth skills. So it's:

Tyro (full dive/lmr) : Godwall/entrustbot
Elarra (full dive/lmr) : Magica Album/curada/critical song
Galuf (half dive): Chain/(monk or heavy physical?)

And two of:

Tifa: Double cast USB/meteor crush/gaia rush
Cinque: Heavy Charge +1 USB/grandcharge/stone press
Dorgann: Earth rank-based chase USB/dirtsabre/dirtsabre

Any thoughts on what my best options here are? I can probably at least half dive each dps character.

Edit: Welp, just realized that I have no Earth+ weapon for Tifa, so she's out of the running anyways.

Lights fucked around with this message at 05:24 on Jan 2, 2019

Lights
Dec 9, 2007

Augus posted:

Man, Orlandeau.is an auto-battling machine. Holy Steel Summit + God Among Men = Orlandeau acts first in every battle with an instant aoe attack that scales its damage depending on the number of enemies. Combine that with just being a generally heavy-hitting character and he really helps speed up grinding through realm dungeons.

I wish Record Materias were more neatly organized though. Three per character means a big pile to sift through, and besides just favoriting every single one you plan on using at some point there’s no way to find a specific one easily. Sorting by Type does nothing whatsoever to make it easier, two RMs that both change your auto-attack to an AOE will still be on complete opposite ends of the list from one another

Apparently Japan is getting a QoL update that fixes this, so we should see it in the next six months. Til then, I'd suggest just favoriting all the really good ones and vaulting the utter garbage ones.

Lights
Dec 9, 2007

Augus posted:

Huh, never realized you could throw RMs in the vault, since I never had any reason to view them from the inventory menu. I’ll definitely go ahead and clean some of them out now.
Still, it’s getting to the point where even my Favorites are a disorganized mess. That update can’t come soon wbough

Yeah. Coupled with how annoying inventory scrolling load times are on Android, it really rubs salt in the wound. My favorites have been trimmed down to just the good SB gauge ones, the best +element/+weapon ones, and a few of the decent utility ones (God Amongst Men, Thunder God's Might), and it's still a couple pages to scroll through.

I would kill for them to do just a single goddamn optimization pass for Android. It's so bad.

Lights
Dec 9, 2007

Wow. That's pretty much everything you could ask for out of a healing SB.

Lights
Dec 9, 2007

Indecisive posted:

Probably, but idk if I'd drop 60bux on tyro myself. Sure he CAN go in all your teams but do you really want him on all your teams?

Wrath + Entrust.

Lights
Dec 9, 2007

Did 3 pulls, got both Awakenings, Riku USB, and a couple BSBs that I'll probably never use. Now to work on stockpiling mithril again til the fest.

Lights
Dec 9, 2007

Ayndin posted:

If you got Sora's BSB, keep in mind it can do obscene things when paired with his Awakening as it's Squall BSB2-style and the commands will doublecast under the awakening. Feed him some quickcasts and you can very easily get off 3-4 doublecast (or even triplecast, if you have his LMR) 7-hit high potency boosted crit attacks.

Awesome, I hadn't really looked at the BSBs since it's the Ultra Era now and I just assumed they'd be garbo. Sora and Riki BSBs, so yeah I'm gonna have to play around with that. How long does Awakened mode last? Is it better to save enough SB gauge to back to back them, or does it last long enough to Snowspell up another bar to trigger the BSB?

Lights
Dec 9, 2007

I remember getting a lot of mileage out of Y'sh's Asylum SB, too.

Lights
Dec 9, 2007

I went ahead and spent a stone on a +MND dagger since I don't need my healers to have elemental attack; strangely, while some weapons have higher attack than the +atk daggers, the staff and rod artifacts have the same 268 cap as daggers do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lights
Dec 9, 2007

Panic! at Nabisco posted:

FFRK: It's The Tiny Bee's Knees

Boooooo.