Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
kongbakpao's not updating anymore as far as i know, i've been using this list for keeping up with future events

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

Aurora posted:

is there a costume of the girl keeper yet

she's not a costume, she's a separate character. she was released as part of the new story content that came out a few weeks ago and just got her first relics earlier at the beginning of the festival that's currently going on.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
Final festival haul (new relics only):

Enelement lucky: Bartz BSB3, Celes BSB1
USB lucky: Serah USB, Strago LMR
Free 8-pull: Minfilia USB, Josef BSB, Tellah BSB, Shantotto BSB

Banner 1: Orlandeau USB, Elarra USB, Elarra BSB
Banner 2: Locke USB1, Gilgamesh USB2, Terra LMR
Banner 3: Zack Chain, Noctis ASB, Aeris USB2, Aeris LMR
Banner 4: Tidus Glint, Rikku LMR
Banner 5: Garnet Chain, Ashe USB

650 mythril spent total. Kinda bummed that my only gen 2 chain was in an element I already had and I really wish I could have those last two pulls I made on banner 1 back, but otherwise I'm pretty drat happy with these results.

Now that I'm not really planning on pulling on anything for months except for maybe the next IX event and I still ended with almost 300 mythril left over, I'm kinda mulling going back and doing the RoP...

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

Attestant posted:

Eh. Gogo is a bit of a dud, but that banner also has Strago's magical water chain, his water radiant shield USB, and Umaro's strong USB that does great ice chases. If anything, it's a really great banner with one dud character. And even then Gogo USB is a +ATK/+MAG/+RES buff and Hastega.

It's instant cast, too. The brave mode might suck and Gogo can't wrath/entrust so it's not helpful for magicites (I guess you could have him bring a black magic spell along to boost chain count if nothing else?) but it's a good Crystal Tower tool at the bare minimum. It's definitely a banner I'm going to keep my eye on depending on what my gear situation looks like in 5-6 months. Water magic is still a pretty rare niche.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
The noteworthy event banners between now and the current state of JP and their highlights:

V-1: Bartz ASB/USB2, Galuf earth chain
VII-1: Sephiroth ASB/USB2, Vincent fire chain (plus Cloud USB1 if you don't already have it)
VIII-1: Rinoa ASB/USB3, Quistis USB/Glint, plus recurrence of Laguna ice chain and Squall USB2
(Fall fest goes here)
V-2: no debuting relics, but it's got Bartz USB2 and Gilgamesh and Galuf gen 2 chains all in one place so it's arguably better to wait
XIV-1: Alphinaud wind chain and wind radiant shield USB, Thancred USB, Papalymo ASB
VI-2: Gau USB (no for real, it's really good), Umaro USB, Strago water radiant shield USB, plus a recurrence of Strago water chain
(Winter fest)

There are a couple others that are borderline, but I think those are the most significant ones. The two following fests in Japan have been kind of underwhelming too, which makes the really good event banners stand out even more.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

ApplesandOranges posted:

The next IX-1 also has some solid stuff: Eiko's BUSB is a literal upgrade over her BSB, Marcus is one of the best Imperil/Chainbuilders for Wind, and Freya is a strong Crusher with some damage potential due to being able to seamlessly fit Sky High in her rotation. And for anyone who grabbed Zidane USB2, his ASB is an excellent finisher. No chain, but eh.

IX-2 is also an excellent grab bag of all the good IX things: Vivi/Beatrix/Kuja USBs are all amazing, and Garnet's is a decent loop with her CSB if you can juggle the meter for it.

Yeah, I forgot about the next IX event because I already have a bunch of dupes on those banners but they're pretty good as well. But personally, a banner has to be pretty strong at this point for me to consider pulling without at least one chain on it.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
I still need to do the Demon Wall fights before they go away tomorrow, any tips for party setups? Will astra cancel the guaranteed blind/silence or is that ignored just like equipment resist?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
did i miss monk getting lightning element skills in jp at some point? first prishe and now master getting lightning element in monk-focused SBs with no abilities to take advantage of as far as i can tell