Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

iamsosmrt
Jun 14, 2008

I swear this game has lootseeds or something. In realms where I don't exactly have an overwhelming amount of relics, I'm always getting the same drat dupes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iamsosmrt
Jun 14, 2008

There's no real pressure to clear out your entire stash now. Most people should be saving up for the elemental artifacts anyway. I cleared out about 100 relics from my vault (from 700 to 600) and I'll take my time with the rest. That space will probably never be filled back up again anyway. I'm guessing I'll have about 3-400 left that's redundant.

Electric Phantasm posted:

Does exp still get split with someone at 99 now? Could I magia grind while leveling up a lower level character at the same time?

To my knowledge, yes it's always split. The exp for Magicite also split the same way.

iamsosmrt
Jun 14, 2008

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

Yeah, and I actually have Galuf's BSB2 also, so I'm not sure which one is a better choice. Meliadoul's USB looks stronger to me, but I guess it doesn't hurt to try it both ways. And yeah, I have OK's LMR too.

Good luck. This was the first 5* that I really had to dissect and figure out the perfect combination of 40 actions to beat--also chainless. It takes a ton of patience, tweaking and tinkering.

Personally I relied on Tifa (USB2, BSB2) and Kelgar (USB, BSB) with Cinque (BSB, LMR) to break enrage. Oddly, despite my expectations, Tifa's USB is barely even used and she's mostly an imperiler. Basically you have to start thinking outside the box because Quetzalcoatl is a bitch.

iamsosmrt
Jun 14, 2008

Wanting to get a jump on Madeen forced me to dive Cloud of Darkness of all people. It's not a great dive, but I think it gives me just enough to comfortably clear the stage within my self-dooming timer.

My Dark Magic game is a little weak and after loving around with Raines on the team, I finally figured out how to exploit Riku's AASB for magic but without a chain.

The real question now becomes how many to farm? I'm thinking between 4 or 5 complete Madeens. Atk/Atk, Mag/Mag, Mag/Atk, HP/healing, and maaaaybe Fast Act/(undecided). Are any of the other general inheritance traits worth it?

Each magicite team will generally feature something like:
Madeen (DPS)
Madeen HP/Healing or Fast Act/?
HP/Spell/Def Wards
Elemental Defensive
Elemental DPS

iamsosmrt
Jun 14, 2008

I believe the original intended method was starting with lighting as you alluded and unlocking each magicite. Behemoth King doesn't necessarily need Savage broken. Summoning each as you progress around the elemental circle will break Savage mode at least once. However, this isn't necessarily reliable if you lack chains or imperils. In "poverty" cases you can break with OSBs too.

Of course as time goes on, powercreep with AASBs and BUSBs allow for more player controlled methods.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iamsosmrt
Jun 14, 2008

Fister Roboto posted:

We should probably think about making a new thread for 4A, considering all the recent changes. I can take care of it unless someone else really wants to.

I agree, and thanks in advance. Shall we think of witty titles? Probably something something awakening.

Dissidia should start 4/11 I think?