Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem

Elephant Ambush posted:

OK what's up with the final corridor of trials fight? What do I do about this rear end in a top hat being able to fire off multiple AoEs without me being able to do anything between them?

He gets a turn every tick at that point, so you can cheese it a little by turning the battle speed up to five.

Having an instant-cast medica is helpful too, skip your healer's turns when you've nearly triggered that phase so that they can cast it in the middle of his attacks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem

triplexpac posted:

So I get that the KH banners will have sweet new gear, but doesn’t the lack of realm synergy make the characters less useful?

To some extent yes, but they also tend to get the big new power creep before anyone else (at least in global). And in this case, it looks like the power creep is significant enough that you don't need to worry about realm synergy (even for torments!).

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
My understanding is that item drops are determined when you start the fight, so you can look and if it's not a drop you want you can just flee instead of having to actually fight through it.

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
Isn't the Dark mote dungeon boss high resistance, so you really want physical dark anyway?

I didn't have too much trouble even with underlevelled guys and not very upgraded equipment, but that was with a chain + Cloud USB1.

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem

triplexpac posted:

Can you even do them all at once? They seem to be only posting one each day and removing the previous day

If you're referring to the Luck of the Realms draws (formerly known as Realms on Parade), they do post a new one each day, but they only remove them when you do your one pull for that realm. (Or when the overall end date is, which is the same for every realm).

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
AFAIK the elemental stuff doesn't stack with gear, it'll just pick whatever is highest.

Which makes it not very useful for single-element bosses, but even putting just one point in nullifies any weakness from gear, which could be handy for some multi-element bosses (letting you use e.g. gigas armlets for resists to multiple elements while not eating the weakness)

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
But if you're farming the power-up dungeons for orbs or crystals anyway, then yeah you want to do it with 5 level 99 characters to not miss out on that trickle of magia xp.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3885470