Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

sub-3% wipe on emerald weapon. i'm starting to think this guy's some kinda rear end in a top hat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

there's a lot of bosses these days that force us to pick between old wall and OK not-burst for RW

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

putting the water chain on a tidus+squall banner is both clever and vicious.

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

oh hey that's right, ASBs are mono-elemental, not element+none

also ultima weapon has 90% resist all. squall hit him for 3k damage :flaccid:

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

Avalerion posted:

I'm getting good use of Basch at this point still, he's not "bad" bad like say Gau, it's just really missing that cherry on top (chase, dual cast...) that would push him past 50k dps.

gau has one hell of an USB coming up, incidentally

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

forgetting about having edge usb has to be some kind of crime

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

if you can sub30 a 4* for some crystal you care about you could use up your rocks on that

otherwise don't go out of your way for it, life's just getting more convenient

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

if you dive a ninja you are 100% guaranteed to pull a relic for some different ninja soon after

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

i wouldn't legend dive someone you don't have a solid USB or better for unless you have a very specific goal in mind

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

yeah my ixion team has OK basically just chain-casting hastega

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

ixion is a good fight to end quickly so you don't have to deal with that rear end in a top hat any longer

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

try basically just lifesiphoning the first part and then chaining SBs once he starts countering. cloud USB might also be useful.

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

you just get dr mog for like 80% of the challenging content anyway, and can rely on like two godwalls for the rest

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

Avalerion posted:

Gave Tiamat a go and gently caress those back to back aoe hits sideways. What's the recomended strategy here, three healers, a ton of blinks?

it's the only 4* that i double-heal, with selphie and elarra

if you don't have a good last stand you're probably in trouble though

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

i dunno, it looks like an attempt to bilk customers by intentionally narrowing the viable options to me

e: geeze we're up for 6 months of nothing but loving fire aren't we

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

valigarmanda is real useful on hidon, just a few casts can take a big chunk out of the erebuses

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

we've got the wind quadstrike now, but yeah cloud has really lovely ability access for his element and LM

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

it's been a long time since ultra cross-slash broke much of anything

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

i guess their f2p engagement numbers really took a dive

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

Philouza posted:

I went with Gaffgarion with his USB because his chase is a drain and healing is gonna be a problem, the en-dark with help a lot and I put him in the 5th slot since he gets doomed immediately and that pairs well with Reaping Scythe.

i just use crimson cross. the chase easily heals the self-damage with hp to spare.

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

i've got r3 sanguine and crimson and r1 of the others. y'all darknessing wrong

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

luso's gonna have white 4 combat 5 knight 5

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

also nice: having a reasonable way to get magicite exp

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

use sundays to do the weekly event dungeon

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

i'd suggest trying double healer for the first few kills on magicites, unless you've got one of the S-tier USBs

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

MF_James posted:

I've got deuce USB/BSB, selphie USB/BSB, aphmau USB and elarra USB/LMR for healers. I dived deuce, but don't have enough 4* motes for others, I'm swimming in 5*s but 4*s are in short supply atm.

So should I double healer, support and 2 DPS, or forgo support?

you've got elarra USB, just skip straight to single-healing 4*s

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

900-5400 sounds like ninja scroll territory

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

tiamat-farmer here, i wish i was fighting bismarck

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

Cowcaster posted:

i know that there's a couple of very specific supers that still have relevancy today but haven't about 95% of them been power crept into oblivion? i won't be sad to see them go

i think it's closer to 99.5%

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

so we're in for six months of this torment nonsense huh

boy i can't wait to get to the actually lovely realms

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

why the hell does squall have a fire burst, ultra, glint and asb

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

half a bar to summon endiku is a pretty good deal

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

Avalerion posted:

I always get conflicted when a side character gets good - like I don’t even remember Ursula.

she's from TAY, not IV

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

maybe they'll make the defensive knight dives not garbage

Attestant posted:

Hopefully this opens up the possibility for Lightning getting access to Spellblade 6*

if you've got the aptitude from a dive it really ought to unlock 6*s same as if it was native

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

anyway i'm wondering if it wouldn't be easier to just give a blanket +10% fire damage to all characters

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

on the 6* offerings, is that 50% per hit, or total?

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

... Voltech?

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

NGDBSS posted:

By now veterans have probably thrown away hundreds of each, far over the number of characters ever possible to include in the FF canon, on memory eggs just because they don't have any other use for them.

actually i just let them pile up since i've also got infinite eggs

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

i just waited out the ice absorb phase and then kicked up rinoa's chain. adjust element to taste

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

i'd think real long and hard before diving someone i've only got 5* sbs for