Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

NGDBSS posted:

How is Dervish in NZT's avoid category but Omega Drive isn't? It's comparable to Omega Drive in most respects (including that nonelemental business), but you want to pull out OK for it rather than Noctis/Cloud/Firion.

Because OK should have better things to do, I think. Maybe when he gets a physical usb...4? 5?.

Avalerion fucked around with this message at 08:57 on Jun 29, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

YoshiOfYellow posted:

I want to point out that with this event Gau has finally stopped being a joke. To put it into perspective Gau USB is a straight copy of Orlandeau USB, only swapping Double Knight for Double Combat/Celerity.

Eh... seems like that would still run into the non-elemental problem, would the high hones on Omega drive/Dervish required to make ability double work be worth it?

Avalerion fucked around with this message at 10:08 on Jun 29, 2018

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

YoshiOfYellow posted:

Celerity can hit Wind and Lightning with Ripping Blast/Bolt & Quick Disaster.

Alright, that actually does sound great then. Though I just realized the off-banner change means you could just pull his bsb instead. :D

Avalerion fucked around with this message at 10:18 on Jun 29, 2018

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

Bell_ posted:

Neither of Aerith's relics want to drop. Are they coming back any time soon?

Her usb is on the second banner of the Seph/Vincent event. Might not be worth pulling on over the main banner though...

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

fridge corn posted:

With a legend dived cloud with LMR does that give his bsb2 burst commands a chance to triple cast?

Yes though if you do the math the results aren't as impressive as his other options.

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

Dirge or scourging reddit is pretty much it, afaik. Are you clicking the rigth place on dirge’s site? He either links to the reddit banner pages or his own writeup in the banner.

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

Snow sucks, a chain is a chain though so you'd probably still want to use him unless you get the soon to be released Laguna chain. Squall's glint is great mostly for being race ice armor.

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

Actually got somehing from the obs dream draw - Dorgan usb, this seems quite strong, plus it’s on a +earth sword. Got even less reason to draw on Tifa banner now, too.

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

My most common setup is rw wall, then wrath - entrust - repeat, or wrath - wrath - entrust - wrath - entrust - repeat if I want someone started of right away. Run her with ace striker usually, but ocasionally with mako might.

It’s mainly about figuring out who you and when to entrust.

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

My notable fest haul is Ramza chain, Elarra bsb, Raines bsb, Kuja usb, Ysaye USB, Terra glint and OSB, Cloud USB2, BSB2, glint, Zack chain, Dorgan USB, Kelger USB, Ingus bsb2 plus some crap I don’t care to remember.

Biggest disappointment was rop and whiffing all the six stars on banner 2 and neither Aeris/Elarra usb... But very happy about finally having a kit to make Cloud shine at wind stuff, plus two new chains is awesome. 200 mytril left over, hope that will be enough to grab Vincent’s chain next month.

Should also look into finally making a dark mage team, and hone up some dark zones.

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

Final fest banner unless we get some kind of surprise draw yet. It’s a strong banner but how good it is for you personally will always need to be assessed individually, plus there’s always something else good comming soon after, too.

I do think it’s a banner that if you do pull, you you want to go heavy on.

Avalerion fucked around with this message at 14:05 on Jul 3, 2018

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

One note about Tifa usb - monk abilities are kind of meh, and while doubling does obviously make up for that in a big way - a much better one is coming soonish, might want to hold off on honing up too many gaia rushes now.

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

Philouza posted:

Cloud's LMR2 is kinda neat. Does it proc separately from his LM2 so his BSB2 commands have two chances to dualcast?

Yes, though the chance is negligible enough where you are better off with his +damage one I think.

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

You'll have enough lodestones before long, almost each regular event comes with one.

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

Ramza’s usb seems op, chase & quick cicle, most usbs get only one. Shame about the rest of the banner and Ramza hinself already having a lot to do...

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

KPC_Mammon posted:

As someone who "lucked" into Basch's and Warrior of Light's nearly identical garbage USBs during this fest I'm wary about random holy pickup banners.

I'm getting good use of Basch at this point still, he's not "bad" bad like say Gau, it's just really missing that cherry on top (chase, dual cast...) that would push him past 50k dps.

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

KPC_Mammon posted:

I'm not sure how it is much better than an enElement BSB, which seems pretty drat bad for a USB.

You are trading +20% to all stats for +100% defense and up to 30% increased damage. Assuming you hit the softcap on attack the BSB still gives ~+10% damage and +20% speed.

That cherry on top is what makes most USBs worth using.

What speed and all stats are you talking about, did I miss something about bsb's until now?

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

Good to know, I assumed "burst mode" is just the commands. :downs:

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

Glint chase is new, good to see they are doing different things with these instead of the first couple being all the same.

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

Depends on what relics you have for them. But in general - trances & dual casts make the best dives.

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

I don't think you can regret diving Cloud, and Ysh'tola would give you a dual cast healer which is great to have especially early on. Raines and Alpinaud are also quite versatile and good with just their bsb's. For the others you'd probably want usb or better before you invest.

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

First 4* star down. :black101: Was a close call, had Ingus chain go off just after he hammered the rest of the party, luckily he still had a stack of last stand left to finish the fight.

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

Edge's still the best if you have his ssb, it's amazing how much utility I'm getting out of that one still.

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

Probably because she's all about stealing materia which is mostly spells.

Edit: Remembering to equipm LM's got Ixion down to 35s. :D Kraken still being a dick though, just Lightning herself prob isn't enough there.

Avalerion fucked around with this message at 19:43 on Jul 5, 2018

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

Took a bit of rng but Kraken down, Lightning just need a bit of help from Orleandu spamming his osb. :black101:

Once I farm him a bit Marilis should be easy too thanks to Tidus and friends.

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

Vortex (meltdown but other three elements) is probably the one everyone should make, after that it would be fairly individual I think - like slam iron fist if you got Tifa usb2, spellblades if you got Bartz...

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

Zonko_T.M. posted:

What's the point of a mind boost on a Samurai character?

It's so that you can't overwrite it with a different Def/Res (like wall?). It's not a bonus but a penalty.

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

Marilis down, and sub too! :D

Didn't think much of her when I got it in some random lucky, but Penelo's USB is really carrying it's weight in these.

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

Cause it will cut your incoming damage by more than a half, cast once at start, time second as necesary but so that it lasts you through the boss.

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

MF_James posted:

wish I had OKs mUSB, isn't that on an upcoming banner?

Not that I'm aware, he does get a new Bartz but magic usb in the next fest though. Edit: Should get an usb dream draw too so that's an (arguably sub-optimal) option for it.

Got a really ugly Isgebird clear at 56s, Ace and Penelo blinking made him non threatening but my damage sucked too, mainly just Terra dropping OSB's on it - really need that Vincent mag chain. :D

Avalerion fucked around with this message at 15:36 on Jul 8, 2018

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

Went and knocked out the rest of the 4*, only Tiamat left but out of keystones for now. Kind of worried since I know that one's notorious, Squall bsb2 probably won't be enough so I'll try going the mag route with Rinoa and Ysayle instead. Still pretty thrilled with my progress, feel like I'm finally catching up to the vets here. :D

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

Would be cool if we got the free daily overhaul early, ours isn't even 3x though so who knows. I never even got a five start out of that, has anyone?

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

I did notice that banners and even fests get less exciting going forward, I kind of blame that on brave mode usb’s just not being that great.

The 12 relic change seems objectively better though so dunno why people are upset about that.

Avalerion fucked around with this message at 12:21 on Jul 10, 2018

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

Even then you'd think vets would prefer having a banner they can safely ignore instead of spreading the new relics out even more, while there will always be new players for whom it might not actually be old stuff.

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

Gave Tiamat a go and gently caress those back to back aoe hits sideways. What's the recomended strategy here, three healers, a ton of blinks?

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

There really should be some holy samurais.

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

So JP's new daily draw rates... 3% for 6* (up from 0,001%) and 11,2% for 5* (up from 0.010%). That seems pretty high, might actually get stuff from that fairly regularly.

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

Yea the bsb2 is nothing impressive nowadays but they did just gave us a wind quadstrike tailor made for him, you'd probably power up with glint then use that the osb rather than his burst.

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

His regular dive unlocks 5* spellblade.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

And Cloud with his usb1/2 breaks the game, so that's not a fair comparison. Without either though - yea he's just pretty decent.