Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

Cowcaster posted:

on an unrelated note does anyone have a link to the list of answers for the current trivia game? i’m sitting out in the sun on my porch and it seems as good a time to knock those out as any but i literally know nothing about final fantasy games except that i think one has a guy called greg

They're all baaed on the events you see in the Record Dungeons. If you haven't done those I suggest you do so while they don't cost any stamina. You'll get all the answers there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost
Decided to pull on banner 3 for a shot at any of the USBs instead of pulling on banner 5 like I originally planned.

1/11 Zack BSB. Not a dupe but holy poo poo what a gut punch.

Then of course stupid me pulled salty and set off the Desire Sensor (TM). 1/11 dupe Cloud BSB2.

Never pull. :negative:

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

Not an emptyquote.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost
Finally!

Double healer was the key. I LD'd Aeris and replaced Shelke with her. I had plenty of healing to deal with the counters so I started spamming Thundering Quadstrike with Lightning after USB. Then finished with her AOSB. I also had good RNG. Not too many counters and OK was the only one who got stopped.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

iPodschun posted:

For 3* fights I would try to power through them to get to 4* fights. The 4* magicite drops are so much better in my mind that I wouldn't bother farming 3*s unless necessary.

Then for 4* farming go with Katarani's advice

I agree with this. Do the bare minimum 3* fights until you can beat a 4* then farm the crap out of that one. Like ceaselessfuture said, the passive bonuses from 4* magicites are insane. Way better than I ever expected the to be. The best part for me is using them on non-magicite content like 220s and 260s and Crystal Towers. They help a TON.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

Nihilarian posted:

I'm sitting here with 2 characters dedicated to healing and I still can't keep up with Ixion's damage output. Anytime I try to take time off of healing to do literally anything else (like cast hastega), I immediately eat poo poo. I don't get it and it's annoying because I'm pretty sure I have all the pieces to beat it

My Ixion runs involve a lot of resets. I always have to wait for a run where he does NOT Savage Aerospark on turns 3 and 4. If that happens I'm gold. Otherwise I reset

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost
So I'm building my first Siren team and need a little advice. Current theorycraft team:

Seifer - Dark Chain - Not sure what abilities I should use/craft/hone

OK - pUSB, Wrath, Entrust

Selphie - USB, Curada, Shellga

My best options for the other slots are Orlandeau, Cloud, and Shadow. I have Orlandeau USB and Cloud USB, but I'm not sure which is better. Cloud can break the damage cap with darkness abilities after USB entry and Orlandeau thirstycasts darkness abilities which require more hones. Orlandeau and Cloud are also both LD. For Shadow, I have his BSB, LMR, and I can easily LD him and maybe hone a dark ninja ability or two.

I feel like I should use Orlandeau or Cloud because it will probably result in more damage for less effort but I also don't know which darkness abilities are the best to hone. I really don't think I should be using the one that hurts me because it's magicite and they hit hard. I also don't want to use both Orlandeau AND Cloud because I don't have the orbs to hone enough abilities for both of them. Well, I might, but it would drain me pretty hard and I still haven't attempted Hades either. So I kind of want to use Shadow and either Orlandeau or Cloud.

Also, is it a good idea to double heal on Siren? If so, I assume I would drop Shadow? He would build the chain the fastest but I feel like he would also do the least damage.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

Fister Roboto posted:

For my sub-30 Siren I used basically the same setup as you, with Cloud and Shelke for the last two slots. Yeah, Cloud doesn't currently have any dark abilities, but you can just entrust to him and spam his USB. I did have Aphmau USB for healing though, so you probably won't be able to sub-30 it like that, but clearing won't be a problem.

That being said, Orlandeau or Shadow would be much better options.

Thanks. I LD'd Shadow and did some honing. RNG is poo poo though. She hits way too hard even with wall and Shellga up :mad:

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

Avalerion posted:

There’s something about a blue haired witch wanting to destroy the world but it deliberately takes a backseat to just loving around. Still better than ffta1 where Marche is the one destroying the world because he can’t bear to see his friends having fun.

I hate this argument. He doesn't hate his friends and he doesn't want to "ruin their fun". Hanging out in a fantasy land is fine once in a while but trying to permanently run away from your real world problems is incredibly childish and I'm glad he forced everyone to live in reality because I have an intense disdain for people who try to run away from everything bad in their lives.

It's no different than unplugging the computer on someone who has an MMO addiction. It's a good thing.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

Fister Roboto posted:

Cloud USB and Zack CSB is more than enough to dps Golem, and you can easily sub-30 it with two entrusters and Ellara USB. You don't even really need hones, just get two bars for Cloud and do USB->BSB->CMD1 spam until it's dead.

If you can somehow get off another Cloud USB entry while his EX Mode is active, the next USB entry does hilarious damage.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost
Dollar pull:. Dupe Lenna BSB

LOL

Edit:. Wait. It's not a dupe but it's also not very good

LOL

Elephant Ambush fucked around with this message at 03:53 on Jul 27, 2018

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost
Everyone please take the survey. Thanks :tipshat:

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost
I hate this loving game's gacha so much. I pulled once on FF5 banner 1 because I had 150 mythril and figured it was worth a shot at one of the new cool things.

1/11 dupe Bartz LMR. I am so loving mad.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost
So what's with this wall gimmick fight?

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost
Does Affliction Break work on Hades dumbfuck AoE interrupt?

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

Valth001 posted:

It does according to the AI on reddit.

It might be tricky to fit in Affliction Break on your team though.

I put it on Ramza. It sort of worked. Instead of everyone getting interrupted, only 4 of them did. I must be getting bad RNG.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

KataraniSword posted:

When you live in post-scarcity gacha, you do it just because you can. Is it worthwhile? Nah, not really. But it's not like you can sell motes or upgrade them to the next rarity up or anything.

I have nothing else to do with them at this point. I only have like 25 more left characters to 3* dive.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

Cowcaster posted:

even if i had an infinite amount of 3* motes the time and effort it would take me to go through and individually 3* each character one by one for such an insignificant benefit would drive me to kill again

It's not much effort if you dive a character once a week or so.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost
Hades is rear end garbage trash poop butts and I loving hate him. gently caress this lovely RNG dickhole nonsense I am so tired of having to restart so many times just to get a clear via good RNG when I know I have all the tools to obliterate him.

poo poo.

gently caress.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost
Here is my current team:

The RNG I'm talking about is the AoE interrupt. Ramza casts chain first turn and Affliction Break on the second. He recasts it around the 15s mark to prepare for the second AoE interrupt. The thing making me want to spin kick my phone through a wall is when I start to recast haste after the dispel and it gets interrupted. If I don't kill him before wall wears off its over.

Iris casts BSB ASAP after casting her hastega crit fix SSB first turn. The astra is always on time for his mass debuff so I'm ok there.

The only other thing I can think of is replacing Larsa with Selphie for the Last Stand USB but IDK if that will help at all.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

Fister Roboto posted:

If you have enough dps, you can skip Black Cauldron, which means that you can use your astra for the interrupt. You've got Ramza's chain and (I'm assuming) Orlandeau's and Marche's USBs so that shouldn't be an issue. I'd replace Larsa with an entrust bot to get Iris's astra up in time.

Could you please elaborate more on this? I keep trying a bunch of different things you guys are saying but it only gets worse :(

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

Fister Roboto posted:

Fun fact: if you can skip all the scripted Black Cauldrons, killing him before the third one, then you can sub-30 the fight.

Also if you need ability slots you can drop protectga. His physicals will hurt but can't kill you if you're topped off. Shellga is mandatory to survive Flare though.

Nerp! Protectga is mandatory. Every time I drop it someone dies.

I am so confused about this fight :( It's so unfair.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

ETB posted:

Might be good to take a break from it. It's not going anywhere anytime soon.

No! I need to find a consistent sub 30 team!

The RNG is also a factor in who Hades chooses to target with single target attacks.

OMG this is so aggravating.

Elephant Ambush fucked around with this message at 01:54 on Aug 6, 2018

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost
I hate this wall. I can't get more than 13 pushbacks using both a chain and imperils. I even used an exact team from reddit and couldn't do it. I assume it was my poor execution.

Between this and Hades I'm really discouraged lately :negative:

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost
The FFX 260 was easier than the 220 lol. Stupid shifting weaknesses. Got 'em both though.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost
FFRK and Hellchill!

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost
I'm trying the FFT torment 280 and I can't find a way to deal with slow spam. Affliction Break doesn't seem to be working. Should I bring 2 healers, 1 for Hastega spam and another to actually heal?

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

ETB posted:

Have your healer carry Curada and Hastega. Someone else like Agrias can cast Shellga, which is all you should really need.

I got it. I forgot Slow resist accessories :doh:

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

ETB posted:

I'd err on poison then dark resist. The slow is easier to plan around if you can anticipate when you've changed phases.

When I eventually try D??? I will probably try that. Slow is SO AGGRAVATING though.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

Fister Roboto posted:

Torment status effects are auto-hit. Resistance gear and affliction break won't help, though astra will still block them. In this case it's best to just bring hastega.

Well then I have no idea what happened after my first Hastega. He just died. Whatever. Good. gently caress him.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost
Yoooo what's up with the FF12 torment? An 80% AoE right off the bat and a 7k attack to the middle character all before a healing SB can possibly go off.

What are you supposed to do?

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

Fister Roboto posted:

Equip dark resist accs and give your major resist one to the middle character, also dark resist magicite can't hurt either. Unlike other torments, dark is literally the only element in this fight, so you don't have to worry about anything else.

Thanks. Looks like character order matters. Ugh. I already have resist accessories so I just need to reorder my nerds.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

MarquiseMindfang posted:

Cleared out all the Jumpstarts, and also this.

Die die die you loving fucker.

...Seven more to go!

Any tips for Tiamat? I don't have a chain for this one.

Relevant Ice DPS: Montblanc USB, Ysayle USB, Vivi BSB2 (LD), Celes BSB2 (LD)
Healer Stuff: Alma BSB (MBlink), Yshtola BSB/Relm USB (Stoneskin), Arc SSB (PBlink), Relm BSB (Last Stand)
Other: Godwall, Ace BSB

I don't mind grinding Isgebind a bunch to inherit some stuff over if it'll make it easier.

Tiamat is the hardest 4* magicite in general. From that list I would recommend you use Relm BSB for Last Stand and bring 2 other characters to Wrath/Entrust to Relm to spam that BSB while the other 2 do all the damage. It will take some time to get a rhythm going but I think it's possible.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

MarquiseMindfang posted:

This was my first instinct, good to know I was on the right track.

Looks like I have a bunch of farming to do. Since Ysayle's USB is a Rank-based Chase, I need to boost up my Chain Blizzaga, because there's no way I can hone Voltech equally high. Should not have splurged on R4 Meltdown. I'll see if I can dive her as well. Are Tyro and Ramza good enough Entrusters or should I grind up Shelke too? Is it better to use Ace Striker/Battleforged on Entrusters or to start one with DMT?

Tyro and Ramza are although Shelke is noticably faster.

Meter build RMs are the way to go.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

MarquiseMindfang posted:

Oh, poo poo, just realised I have Raijin SSB. That's better than Relm USB for Tiamat, right? It'll immediately get Vivi into Trance so he can start doubling Voltechs til he can blow his BSB2. I'm guessing I should take Wendigo for Magicite, too, and as many Dullahans as I can be bothered to farm.

e; Actually, Dullahan/Isgebind/Darkmare/Darkmare should be fine as subs? Hand of Vengeance should be good here.

Raijin SSB is what I used to consistently clear Tiamat. It took a few initial tries to get the order of operations down, but once I did I never died unless I got distracted or wasn't paying attention. Even knowing you can't die it's a really tense fight.

Here is my team:

Raijin should Lifesyphon on his first turn while you feed him meter, then on his second turn he should SSB, then all of his turns after that should be SSB. Nothing else or you will die.

For a sub 30 I had to LD Squall and Ayame to double cast. I only needed 1 piece of +ice armor for each of them to cap damage.

Wind resist accessories are mandatory. Her first few AoEs are scripted and they're wind attacks. After you get the Last Stand train going you don't care what she does. Warning: you will be REALLY close to death right before the first Raijin SSB goes off.

The only time you should need to restart is if Squall gets hits with a drain strength before his BSB entry. After that he doesn't care. He can still cap with BSB2 command 2 or close to it.

Main magicite is Wendigo for ice imperil to help sub 30. 2 Maliris and 2 Isgebind are the subs, both are fully inherited. I killed Maliris and Isgebind a zillion times to make sure Tiamat went down as fast and hard as possible. She's terrifying and like Fister said you really want to try to sub 30 her because she goes off the rails after around the 30s mark.

Elephant Ambush fucked around with this message at 13:39 on Aug 15, 2018

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

MarquiseMindfang posted:

How's Maliris helping there, just the Attack Boons?

That and +crit damage. Synergizes with OK PUSB crit fix.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost
Is it worth Legend Diving people just to improve my progress on the new torments? I'm thinking no but I want other opinions. I already have Voltech so I'm not really chasing any other abilities right now. However I do want a bunch of the other rewards. Plus it's really the only challenging endgame content right now until 5* magicites hit.

Example: I could LD Larsa for double cast white and Reks for double cast spellblade which would probably get me a sub 30 on the FF12 280. Both are solid dives for the future too. I have both of their BSBs so I'm not wasting anything.

I'm mostly concerned that I won't use them much in 5* magicite fights and only in events or this specific torment.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

Zurai posted:

If you're going for D??? you pretty much have to Legend Dive them. For lower difficulties you can probably do without.

I'm not interested in D??? right now. Thanks though. I'll hold off on them until I feel like I really need them.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost
I think I'm going to go back and spinning piledriver the Nightmares tonight just for fun. Those were painful when they came out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

saltylopez posted:

Looks like JP is getting a greens shop overhaul so it might be worthwhile for global players to start hoarding their greens. Looks like crystals, arcanas and 4/5 star motes will be available.

Oh man I only have 400,000 greens :/