Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)
Whats the easiest 220+ Event to do for AA book 9? Tried event Emerald, got immediately hit for 9999 to everyone and wasted in a single turn. Everyone seems to get destroyed in raids as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)
Cheers, managed to down (and Master!) Jumpstart Rubicante with the help of a truly massive Ramza chain ending in a 185% P.Cecil AOSB.

As soon as I finish off all the mote dungeons I'm going to immediately pop all the AA9 objectives at once.

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)

AstraSage posted:

I'd say the IV's Magus Sisters are easy to clear if you can bring a source of Runic (be it from having the right Celes/ExDeath Soul Break in your party or RWing it). Especially if whoever casting Runic also has access to an Ability Double buff (Guaranteed Doublecast at the cost of double hone usage) because Sandy and the Delta Attack will offset its usual downside through Runic.

EDIT: Nevermind.

I'm actually going to go try that as well for a laugh. I do have Celes levelled and she has a good for SBs behind her.

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)

ceaselessfuture posted:

100% get Relm's BSB off of AA 9, but any full party heal would be great for your team.

Relm BSB is on Banner 5, so hold off on selecting if you're planning a pull on that.

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)
Yeah you can click the banners themselves to go to reddit and see. Anyway:

Lightning Chain is banner 5 coming soon and looks like it recurs next fest, Gen 2 Earth Chain is Galuf's and should be on the V banner next month, or for magical there's Red XIII's in next fest, Ramza's Holy Chain recurs then as well.

Prompto gets a Lightning chain way down the line as well. The other Holy chain is 6 months away, for Edward.

So depending on how much mythril you have, pull on 5, or save for the V banner, and then save for next fest.

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)
Sell all your salt stocks right now because they're going to crash in price when I start pulling for Garnet's chain.

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)
Six pulls, no Garnet chain.

Everything else on the banner, including three Tifa Arcanes.

But no chain.

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)
Scraped together one last pull.

I got... my god,

I GOT...

A fourth Tifa AOSB.

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)
I've just unlocked magicites and honestly, what on earth do they want from me? Lightning's probably my strongest element so I went in the water one and got most of my team flattened by 8k damage spells before I could even get Godwall going. After plinking at it for 1000 damage a hit a few times everyone was dead. What is it demanding of me? I don't have 5x every element resist accessories for everyone, because I haven't been playing since the beginning of time itself.

I later tried the ice one after and got it to about 33% before wiping, mostly through Vincent's damage reflect.

Am I supposed to be running two healers, because that feels like the only feasible way to keep everyone standing. It takes 3x 30% Faith buffs to get Terra to do over 5k damage a hit. Godwall and 2 Medicas per turn might just keep everyone upright, assuming I can maintain them indefinitely. It'd be a million year battle without huge buffs though. The only other thing I can think of is dropping the Terra/Vivi damage dealer idea and grinding up Gilgamesh and Sabin or Locke to 99. Gilgamesh has his chain, and I have numerous things for the other two. Certainly a USB each at least.

I know this is one of the thing where getting a foot on the ladder is the hardest part, since you can leverage each magicite against the next, but god drat.

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)

Indecisive posted:

You 100% need wall, haste, and either a 50% atk boost or 2 30% mag boosts (depending on team makeup) minimum for every magicite, beyond that shell/protect are semi-optional depending on the fight - shell is the more commonly necessary one, personally I don't think I've brought protect to a single magicite yet (but I'm not done with 4*'s). The healing requirements are tough, I almost always have the healer start with a bar ready to medica away the opening aoe damage. Having someone with IC3 (starts with haste and 3 charges of instacast) from their legend dive is AMAZING for getting wall up in time, such as Shelke or Orlando or Ace or like a dozen other people. Shelke is a common choice for magicite since she is a high powered entrust bot with 0 relics, and entrusting strategies can help with the high healing requirements, letting you do big party heals more often.

The only Shout-alikes I have are Ramza and Gilgamesh's chains. Ramza's levelled, Gilga isn't. For my magic team I was stacking Garnet's BSB2 buff and Vivi's BSB2 buff. I've got Godwall. Nobody has legend materia that isn't earned from gear.

Attestant posted:

Getting hit for 8k before Godwall sounds like you are applying the wall too slow. Mitigation should definitely be going up as your very first action, and at game speed 1 that should be enough to only get hit by some weaker early attacks. You are using one of the free Soul Break record materias on Tyro, right?

Yeah, still got blasted by Thundara or something before it could go off though. I've got Celes levelled, will Runic help with that?

Attestant posted:

Also, Magicite is the point where older BSB healers start showing their age, mostly due to slower cast times on the entry. What are your healer options, BSB or USB? Any healer dived yet?

Relm BSB/USB, Y'shtola BSB is about the long and short of it. Garnet's two BSBs have some minor healing commands, I suppose. And her BSB2's buff is what I use to stack with Vivi's BSB2 buff, as said above.

Attestant posted:

As far as buffs go, you definitely want at least a +50% Atk for physical teams, or the double +30% for magical DPS. Also try to transition every DPS to using some kind of +Damage% record materia, instead of the ones that build SB gauge. Leave those for people who buff or heal. You can still run Lifesiphon, Wrath, etc to build SB bar faster. Stuff like +Element damage%, +Weapon damage%, +Magic%, etc is what you want for DPS. Good reference of the best ones can be found here:

I've got Vivi's RM99 on him, and Tyro's RM99 on Terra.

Attestant posted:

As far as DPS goes, I'm not sure what your Terra and Vivi are working with, but get that Gilgamesh going ASAP. Chains are incredibly good, even if you'd be using him in an otherwise magical team. But as far as physical teams go, Gilgamesh Chain, Sabin + Locke USB, Healer, and Tyro with Godwall should be crushing 3* magicite as long as your party is setup properly. But Vivi + Terra + Vincent also sounds like a fine team. What are you working with there, SB wise?

Trouble is I only have the one Lodestone III left right now, which I should probably give to Gilgamesh I'm guessing. So I'm trying to get by with what I have. I dunno how often new ones are given out. I've not even been playing a month yet.

Vivi has both BSBs, Terra has SSB+USB+BSB2, Vincent just has his BSB.

I've tried again and gotten really close with Vivi/Terra/Garnet/Ysh/Tyro. Once everything gets going Terra's throwing out 8k damage a hit because she has all the +fire gear, plus she has her Fire doublecast LM. Vivi lags behind somewhat. Ysh heals while having the Battleforged RM, Tyro throws Entrusts at Terra. Garnet's mostly not doing anything meaningful besides reapplying her BSB2 buff, though I did give her the Regen bard song to slot in when she's not spamming her BSB2 command 1 for minor additional healing. I'm guessing the +MAG bard song fails to stack with everything else? I know Faith doesn't. She could have Ifrit but it's honestly unimpressive, and I haven't honed Valigarmanda at all yet.

Does the "Magic Bargain" effect from Terra and Vivi's BSB2 command 2s stack with everything else?

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)

saltylopez posted:

In the long run you're going to want to use Relm instead of Yshtola with Knight's Charge RM. Also bring an entrust bot and basically just spam her USB for the party-wide instant cast. Yshtola was my primary healer for like a year and a half until I realized she just couldn't keep up with magicite damage without having an instant party-wide heal. Relm also brings that last stand on her bsb which will be nice as a just in case.

What's the best practice when entrusting like this? As soon as you get to two bars, or just whenever I need that instant heal? I only have 4 uses on Entrust right now, but 10 Wraths.
Will that be enough healing that I can dump Garnet for Raines? I just snagged his BSB today off AA8.

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)

hey girl you up posted:

No, you should figure out why Tyro's not getting the cast off in time. "I can't get my SB off in time" won't be solved by "bring a different SB" unless the other character has a way to instant cast.

The fight is designed to give you enough time to cast it. There is no RNG to your starting ATB bars, and the boss is programmed to always tap you on the first turn, use a weaker attack on the second turn, and open up with the rest of its attacks on its third turn.

• Are you playing on speed 1? If not, play on speed 1. The bosses have instant reaction time. You do not.
  • Do you know what you're doing on turn 1 with each character? If you are trying to decide what to do on the fly, you'll have issues.
  • Sealion can cast single-target blizzard on Turn 2. Are you bringing ice resist accessories? If not, bring them. If you can't bring it on everyone, you'll have to either RNG it or have someone cast shellga on turn 1.

Ah, to clarify, the 8k damage was from Bismarck's spells, not Sealion. I tried him first, then moved on. Yeah, I'm always on Speed 1 for anything above 160. Maybe I'm just misremembering something. I'll get back to him eventually I suppose.

I actually beat Sealion twice today. First time just over a minute because Vivi got killed about two thirds of the way through, second time he didn't and I finished at 52 seconds. Turns out fire element burst commands hitting a weakness last exactly long enough to fill up two bars again by the time burst mode wears off, who'da thought.

So now do I farm this til its magicite drops are Lv99, or what?

Zonko_T.M. posted:

1) Wrong! The bard faithga has its own buff ID and will stack with everything. If you're struggling to find something useful for Garnet, this is one of the best things she can do.
2) the magic bargain commands will also stack. I usually don't bother with them if I have two or more other sources of faithga, but YMM.

Well I'll be damned.

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)
How bad are Torments in comparison to other things? Should I make an attempt at the first tier before they go away?

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)
Okay yeah you guys were right, even the D300 torment went down in one Holy chain. I should spend my time doing these this week. Delicious 5 star motes.

Relatedly: who best to dive? Candidates are Tyro (lol), D.Cecil, Gilgamesh, Celes, Terra, Relm, Locke, Sabin, Cloud, Vincent, Garnet, Vivi, Beatrix, Tidus, Seymour, Raines, Alphinaud, Y'shtola, Prompto.

I'm guessing the answer is "Trance users", but tell me for sure.

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)
Everyone listed has at least a BSB or above. I'm basically just levelling people I get decent pulls for. I don't have the stam or the lodestones to level people otherwise.

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)

ceaselessfuture posted:

This is directed to noone in particular, but if you find yourself struggling with either 3 or 4* magicites, or struggling to sub-30, don't forget that your magicite deck is directly responsible for your performance. I was unable to sub-30 lots of 4*s until I got my decks in order, upon which I started blowing them out of the water.

Just last night I realized my Wind team wasn't doing as well as I knew they could. I was using 2x Isgebinds for the crit (I still haven't farmed Silver Dragons) and on a whim I swapped one for a level 99 Tiamat. Tiamat doesn't help PHY teams too much, but the Level 15 Wind Damage passive was enough, by itself, to make my team 4 seconds faster.

Magicite passives are the real deal friends!

So is it best to farm one element until you max it and then move onto the next?

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)
I would not have made it through that D300 Ruby Dragon if Lowen Roar weren't so freaking good. Being able to RW it on two characters was a godsend.

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)
If it worth me burning off some myth for stamina to clear all the torments now, before they go away? I suspect it could be some time before we ever see them again?

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)

Bruceski posted:

Have you already chugged the stamina potions from the fat chocobo shop? That's 400 stam for 1200 greens, refreshed every Wednesday but not mentioned in announcements because DeNA hates people.

Yeah I got my weekly four this week. At this rate I'll be one or two sets of dungeons short, but it should still work out to a profit, right?

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)

KPC_Mammon posted:

I don't think they ever come back.

In that case I will definitely sacrifice one of the mythrils from each set to finish them.

In other news, gently caress that 220 Corridor of Trials thing. Don't attack the bombs, they explode. Attack them, they counter and explode. Kill them and they're resummoned!

I know Valigarmanda and leaving them on low health is the solution but it's kind of an arseache.

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)
Supposedly the FF10 one is the worst? Which fits nicely with my water game being loving poo poo.

I'll have to RW a decent BSB and just use my own buffs, I suppose.

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)

KataraniSword posted:

The FF10 one has probably the worst trash and the most dirty tricks, but Geosageno goes down like a sack of bricks to any sort of weakness, be it his built-in water one or an imperil-granted one. He's not really any harder than your standard A+ at this point.

As far as raw boss difficulty goes, FF11 has bad synergy and a whole lot of status effect shenanigans, FFT and FF3 are both damage races with elements the game expects you to have absurd amounts of, and FF2 is high-octane damage sponging. The gigases don't really have a lot of gimmicks, they just poo poo out a whole bunch of damage relatively quick.

I have bad synergy for everything because I've not been playing much more than a whole month yet, so that won't hold me back! Unless it does, of course. But I've cleared half of them so far.

Including FFT and FF3, so that's somewhat of a weight off my mind. Genuinely had more trouble with FF12 than either of those two, to be honest. Didn't have enough sustained DPS to kill the adds and the boss, and so just ended up focusing down the boss.

I've got 2/7/9/10/11/13 left to do.

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)

Bruceski posted:

FFT also has about twice the HP he ought to. Only Jumpstart where hones were an actual issue for me.

I looked it up and it did not feel like nearly a million, to be honest. But my Holy game is quite good.

Mateus is nearly half that and felt like closer to 1.2mil. I had Prompto and Garnet for lots of Imperial Lightning and it still took forever.

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)
Huh, that's a nice shower of motes. Guess I'm gonna be busy all the way til magicite "unlocks", and then some.

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)
15 seconds left on the D300 FF13 Torment Doom timer when Barty kicked it.

Yeah... clearly I've been underestimating Imperils (and also Cid Raines) a LOT.

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)
RW system desperately needs an overhaul because I genuinely don't know if I'm going to die of old age before I find what I'm looking for amid the thousands of Ultra Cross Slashes.

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)

Ripley posted:

Try using http://friends-ffrk.com - you can look up someone with the right RW and add them to your friend list.

That is hells of useful, cheers.

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)
Honestly for the XIV D300 Torment I just ate the Aerial Blast to the face and somehow lived. You can probably just Last Stand through it or put up a Stoneskin.

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)
Manged to finish off all the Torments, but obviously not the CMs as I have about 12 people Lv99 in total. Still, reasonably happy.

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)
1/11 for some Type-0 idiot I'm never going to use.

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)
I seriously have the game sitting on my shelf right now. It's been there for over two years and I have never touched it. Maybe I should?

Plus whoever I got the BSB for was fire elemental and I already have Terra Vivi Locke Sabin Vincent and Gilgamesh stuff, as well as people like Bartz that aren't strictly fire element but can do fire damage. And there's like a hundred fire skills on the horizon.

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)
Any chance of that being fast-tracked over here? (Ha. No.)

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)
Is Bartz with just an OSB worth levelling? He has that delicious spellblade dualcast LM.

I was going to use my mythril this month to try and make my Ramza worth a poo poo since I have his Chain (and NOTHING else), but I can save to spend on Bartz instead if he's that good?

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)

Avalerion posted:

Ramza with just chain is plenty to make him useful, if anything trying to make him dps might be too much.

Oh yeah for sure he's useful, but he doesn't do much in between other than spam Assault Sabre. I usually have Celes and Beatrix using their BSBs to consistently hit the damage cap and he's stuck at like 6k. Entrusts and Breaks, I suppose?

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)

KataraniSword posted:

This is the path of all gacha games, hemorrhaging players as they start to travel deep into their own assholes in a frantic attempt to lure in bigger whales.

I do have to wonder if they'd make more doing once-monthly 500-gem-with-choice banners. Personally speaking the price point of 11 pulls is just way too high. Like five times what I'd consider reasonable.

I'm sure there's reams and reams of market analysis at work trying to find the sweet spot where the multiplier of "people buying" intersects "price" with the maximum result, but I'm also thoroughly unconvinced this is it.

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)

KataraniSword posted:

The reason the whale terminology came around is because of the sheer, absurdist scope of how much some people spend on f2p gacha games. Some people need to not just have every item on every banner, but need to have it maxed out, at its highest rarity, and have to have their entire teams maxed out too, and so forth.

There are people who pay five digits worth of money on mobile games a month. You'd need to get ten thousand people paying $5 to match the power of luring in that one person foolish enough to blow $50k a month. A lot of companies focus less on optimizing profits - which is something PAD has managed to find the sweet spot of quite effectively, I might note - and more about minimizing effort for maximum gain.

Why work ten times as hard to get two times as much money?

Yeah, I'll be the first to admit mobile game dev monetisation strategies are something I firmly abjured learning about because I was adamant that I didn't want to develop that kind of game.

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)
I'm gonna need to level about 60 people to do these torments.

How often do we get new ones? I take it these are permanent.

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)
I wonder how far I could get with just Ramza endlessly Entrusting TGC his USB.

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)
So banner 1 has zero dupes for me and might help me clear torment, but i'm not 100% sure i'll need it for D280 since I have Ramza Chain and TGC USB and some good off realm Holy people to slot in on top. DWhale is a pipe dream probably forever so let's not count it.

But there's also FFV banners later in the month which are also zero dupes and will help with magicites that I'm still clearing (bartz spellblade fuckery) AND ffv torment. as far as FFV goes I have Greg Chain and USB, Bartz OSB and Krile BSB1.

I can probably have about 4 draws total, how should I spread them out? 2 on each? 1 FFT /3 FFV?

I'm leaning towards the latter because my Earth/Wind/Water could use some serious shoring up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)
100 gem: Ovelia LMR
1/11: Montblanc LMR
1/11: Ramza LMR

Never pull.