Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pichupal
Mar 23, 2013

Poochy ain't Stupid.
I might be.
I'm sitting at three right now (Shantotto, Tidus, Krile). I struck out on Holy/Dark, and now all the upcoming double chain banners cover one the few elements I actually have (Rikku/Snow tomorrow, Garnet/Prompto next fest, Galuf/Gilgamesh in the next next FFV event).

ceaselessfuture posted:

Another thing to note is that some SSBs are excellent, so you should probably post those too. Do it in the format "Cloud SSB1" or "Lightning SSB2" so it's easier for us to look up.

You did really well!

Just a note on this, might be easier to just say SSB with the name of the relic/SB. Figuring out what SSB came first is probably hard.

Also, don't be mean to Cyan. With his USB, he's perfectly fine, even if he used to be crappy. He doesn't need more then the Samurai abilities, has a dualcast LM2, and his USB is built to work well with the 5* Samurai abilities. You'll need to hones for it so it's not great for beginners, but it's great in the long term, even if it's not a chase ot ability double USB.

It particularily shines beside something like Onion pUSB for the extra crit boost, but it still does great damage with Warring Flame. We even have a 5-hit Samurai ability coming and a Fire version of Hailstorm for self-buffing.

It's very delayed, but they treat the neglected VI characters very nicely now (Strago, Gogo, Gau, Cyan, Umaro). Gau's getting a Combat/Celerity version of Orlandeau USB is proof to me.

pichupal fucked around with this message at 01:10 on Jun 30, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pichupal
Mar 23, 2013

Poochy ain't Stupid.
I might be.
Noctis's guaranteed crit is nice for all those omniresist bosses, effectively doing three times the damage of an average OSB.

Obviously combines well with a crit damage boost to bring that up to 4 times an OSB, but it's a pretty uncommon buff (Zack Chain, Ramza Chant, Machina SSB, Ignis SSB) - which is why the next XV event gives Noctis a new Glint with Crit damage boost. I'd consider a pull there as we're also getting an XV Torment the same time.

pichupal
Mar 23, 2013

Poochy ain't Stupid.
I might be.
There is a small chance we'll get the Golden Week Lucky Draws, one of which was a Healer Lucky. It wasn't exactly a fest in the sense there weren't Fest banners attached, but it might actually line up with Black Friday for Global. There's also the chance they'll be tied into the next proper fest or changed in some way.

Golden Week included:

• Free 33-pull with two guaranteed 6* relics
  • Dream Selection Gem Draws with USB, BSB and LMR options (USB list includes Godwall, Ellara USB, Aerith 2, Onion p/mUSBs)
  • 500 Gem Draw with OSB/BSB + Helaer BSB selection (Ace/Deuce pair is probably the best but lots of decent options)
  • Physical Lucky (Pecil, Locke, Cloud, Tidus, Squall)
  • Magical Lucky (Terra, Ashe, Shantotto, Rinoa)
  • Healer Lucky (A lot, but USBs for Aerith 2, Ovelia, Larsa, Rosa and Relm)

The main difference with these Lucky Draws is they were all fixed banners with 14 relics (5 USB/ASB/Chain, 5 BSB/Glint, 4 LMR), and also allowed for subsequent full price pulls. It's not really worth waiting this long for a good healer but if you din't happen to stumble upon one the Healer Lucky would be a really nice backup.

pichupal fucked around with this message at 19:00 on Jul 2, 2018

pichupal
Mar 23, 2013

Poochy ain't Stupid.
I might be.

Avalerion posted:

What speed and all stats are you talking about, did I miss something about bsb's until now?

"Burst Mode", which every burst does, raises ATK/MAG/DEF/RES/MND by 20%, and SPD by 10%. (All stats but ACC and EVA.)

All bursts also come with a self-Haste, which is sometimes forgettable when you have a Hastega but it's nice to Dispel slow every once in a while.

pichupal
Mar 23, 2013

Poochy ain't Stupid.
I might be.
It was never very obvious - although you might have noticed more damage with mages because of the higher MAG cap making the stat buff more useful.

It was only really important if you invested in Tiamat with Alphinaud or one of the stat threshold bursts like Maria, Papalymo, Edea or Sephiroth 2.

KPC_Mammon posted:

I thought it was 20% for SPD as well. Thanks for the correction! I'll try to stop giving bad information.

I almost forgot to mention the SPD thing at all :v:. It's easy to forget honestly, but I knew the burst mode details pretty well just because Maria BSB was one of my first mage bursts back when I had very few mage buffs. I used to use Vivi's Devotion RM a lot to reach 6-hit comfortably.

pichupal
Mar 23, 2013

Poochy ain't Stupid.
I might be.
If you're not going for the D200 Cid Mission, they're really easy, and even then they're not too bad. Just load up on lots of AoE abilities for the trash waves like Meteor, Ruinga, Summons, ect. I actually like Bursts for these since a lot of them have AoE commands and you can save your ability slots for the boss.

The hardest difficulty is 90 5* Motes (+ 30 for the CM) so try to do as many as you can before they disappear. Sometimes, these are actually a lot easier then the D200/250 difficulty because they're Jump Starts where you start with full SB bars, they have no trash waves, and some of them actually have worse stats then the D250 for no apparent reason.

RW Godwall is amazing for all of them, especially if you're going for the CMs. Cloud USB1 can also work well for the D300 combined with the full SB bars for a speed clear.

pichupal
Mar 23, 2013

Poochy ain't Stupid.
I might be.
I had my fingers crossed the Wondrous Burst select list would be wrong again and we'd get to pick two bursts. Maybe next time.

pichupal
Mar 23, 2013

Poochy ain't Stupid.
I might be.
Man, that Octopath Traveller ad almost made me think we were getting an Octopath event until I actually read the announcement. Almost got excited.

pichupal
Mar 23, 2013

Poochy ain't Stupid.
I might be.
I just like Quistis so I'm gonna try and wait for the Quinoa banner around the next fest. It's a good ice banner, just two bursts on the banner (Squall, Laguna) and one of the first regular banners with 5 6* relics on it. Quistis USB or Glint would be nice for the VIII Torment too.

The worst pull on there (ignoring dupes) are getting the LMRs with nothing else, but as long as you have something decent for the character they're all good (two En-Ice LMRs for Squall and Rinoa, two dualcast BLK LMRs for Quistis and Rinoa).

Only reason I wouldn't is if the fest banners change a lot for the better, or my WoFF bias comes through and I pull for Lann, Reynn, Tama and Enna Kros.

pichupal
Mar 23, 2013

Poochy ain't Stupid.
I might be.

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

Sorry, I meant in the sense that, say, I wouldn't want to spend 100 major orbs honing a skill to R5 right before a strictly better skill drops, since I could have spent those orbs on another useful 5* skill. I know there's still gonna be some situations where I'll want both, but tbh I don't have many party comps where people would be competing for a 6* ability anyway.

Just to go into a bit more detail about this, pretty much everything is a direct upgrade by damage or hit count, with really only Quick Disaster for Celerity user offering something different. Keep an eye out on how much of a direct upgrade something is to see if you can wait.

I started making the list and realized I sort of wanted it for myself so polished it up to post here. Mostly assumed you knew the hit count of the old/current abilities to make it more consise. Sorted by month:

Month 1:

Spellblade - Scorching Godstrike (5 hit Fire) - Compared to Blazing Quadstrike (3.20 vs. 4.50)

Spellblade - Explosion Strike (4-hit Fire/Earth) - Compared to *** Quadstrike (3.20 vs. 4.40)

Spellblade - Rainstorm Strike (4-hit Water/Lightning) - Compared to *** Quadstrike (3.20 vs. 4.40)

Month 2:

Black - Chain Firaja (5-hit Fire) - Compared to Chain Firaga (11.80 vs 15.25)

Black - Chain Thundaja (5-hit Lightning) - Compared to Chain Thundaga (11.80 vs 15.25)

Black - Vortex (4-hit Ice/Water/Lightning) - Compared to Chain ***-ga (11.80 vs 14.80)

Month 3:

Black - Chain Stoneja (5-hit Earth) - Compared to Chain Stonega (11.80 vs 15.25)

Monk - Earth Ironfist (5-hit Earth, stronger on subsequent uses up to two times) - Compared to:
  • Gaia Rush (2.88, 3.17 with crits, 3.46 with crit damage boost)
  • Earth Ironfist (4.00 with 0 uses, 4.35 with 1 use, 4.7 with 2+ uses)
Monk - Fire Ironfist (5-hit Fire, stronger on subsequent uses up to two times) - Compared to:
  • Burning Rush (2.88, 3.17 with crits, 3.46 with crit damage boost)
  • Fires Within (3.40 with self 30% HP heal, ranged)
  • Fire Ironfist (4.00 with 0 uses, 4.35 with 1 use, 4.7 with 2+ uses)

Month 4:

Celerity - Quick Disaster (Instant, 3-hit Wind/Lightning, 2.25 total damage) - Use for quick SB building or building hits for Ripping Blast/Bolt (Celerity Cast times, 3/4/5 hits with 0/3/5+ actions, 2.25/3.00/3.75 total)

Thief - Storm Ride (Reduced Cast Time, 5-hit Wind, absorb 20% damage) - Compared to Dash & Slash (3.40/3.80 with dagger vs. 4.00)

Thief - Burn Ride (Reduced Cast Time, 5-hit Wind, absorb 20% damage) - Compared to:
  • Soul Burn (2.80 ~ 4.80, matches Burn Ride at around 20% HP)
  • Heat Bite (future Dash&Slash like) (3.40/3.80 with dagger)
  • Burn Ride (4.00 with 20% HP absorb)

Month 5:

Summon - Lunar Leviathan (4-hit AoE Water) - Compared to Ogopogo (18.00 [3-hit @ >900 MAG post update] vs 18.92)

Sharpshooter - Sapphire Blitz (5-hit Water) - Compared to Sapphire Shot (3.40 vs 4.75; 3.80 vs 5.25 with ranged)

Black - Chain Waterja (5-hit Water) - Compared to Chain Waterga (11.80 vs 15.25)

Month 6:

Witch - Lunatic Thunder (6-hit Lightning, long cast time) - Compared to:
  • Hell Thunder (post update: 12.00 over 6 hits, long cast time)
  • Chain Thundaga (11.80 over 4 hits)
  • Vortex (14.80 over 4 hits)
  • Chain Thundaja (15.25 over 5 hits)
  • Lunatic Thunder (15.60 over 6-hits, long cast time)
Summon - Dark Valefor (4-hit AoE Wind) - Compared to Tiamat (18.00 [3-hit @ >900 MAG post update] vs 18.92)

Spellblade - Sundering Godstrike (5-hit Earth) - Compared to Tremoring Quadstrike (3.20 vs. 4.50)

End of Year Fest

Knight - Enhancing Raid (5-hit Holy, 2k heal to party member with lowest HP) - Compared to:
  • Guardbringer (4.00 over 5 hits; DEF>2736)
  • Assault Saber (3.55 over 5 hits; self DEF -30%)
  • Enhancing Raid (4.00 over 5 hits; 2k single target heal)

Month 7:

Samurai - Warring Burst (5-hit fire, Crit = 50% with Retaliate Active) - Combine with Smoldering Moon or Retaliate USB, Compared to:
  • Warring Flame (3.00, Crit = 50% with Retaliate, 3.75 with crits, 4.50 with crit damage up)
  • Hellfire (future Fire version of Hailstorm; 3.20)
  • Iai Flamestrike (New 5* Fire Samurai; 3.55 over 4-hits, 20% crit chance, self: MND +30%, DEF/RES -30%, 3.91 with crits, 4.26 with crit damage boost)
  • Warring Burst (4.25, Crit = 50% with Retaliate, 5.31 with crit, 6.38 with crit damage up)
Machinist - Heat Offering (4-hit Fire, 50% chance for Minor Imperil Fire) - Compared to:
  • Burning Snipe (3.42 over 6 hits, no Minor Imperil Chance)
  • Flame Offering (2.00 over 2 hits, 35% Minor Imperil Chance)
  • Heat Offering (3.40 over 4 hits, 50% Minor Imperil Chance)
Summon - Lunar Ifrit (4-hit AoE Fire) - Compared to:
  • Ifrit (5.50 over 2 hits)
  • Phoenix (8.00 over 1 hit, Raise (50% HP) one ally
  • Valigarmanda (16.50 over 3 hits)
  • Lunar Ifrit (18.92 over 4 hits)

pichupal fucked around with this message at 06:54 on Jul 8, 2018

pichupal
Mar 23, 2013

Poochy ain't Stupid.
I might be.
If you need a budget FF10 Torment clear, a Tauntaliator will do great preventing the petrify.

I think my initial D300 CM clear was Paine BSB/Auron BSB1/Yuna SSB2/Ramza Shout/Leila SSB (Water ATK/RES Mug). Leila was my best water DPS until I got Paine BSB, and neither of those are good sources of water DPS.

I still have a soft spot for Leila for getting me through the D200 and D250 difficulties before I got Paine. One day she'll get a Legend Dive.

pichupal
Mar 23, 2013

Poochy ain't Stupid.
I might be.

Neutral Zone Trap posted:

Meanwhile at DeNA headquarters another fire USB is being made. On a banner with a new dark mage USB that no one asked for.

My favourite is the Fire USB made for the character with a completely dark focused dive. Lookin' at you Jecht.

Before I grabbed Maria's USB the fest, I was seriously looking at WoFF for my magical holy/earth needs. As in, I wanted more magical earth which Enna Kros does well (and brings some stat sticks for her to use) but I really wanted Tama's Holy Radiant Shield so I could stall just my way through the eventual magic holy Magicite with Raines, Tama and three White Mages.

pichupal
Mar 23, 2013

Poochy ain't Stupid.
I might be.
I'm still a sucker for Lucky Banners.

3/11 - Sephiroth USB, Tifa OSB, Shelke BSB (dupe)

I might have to look into whether Sephiroth's USB1 is any better with the upgraded Enelement stacking (I have his LMR to start with Endark), or just stick to his BSB2.

Tifa's not bad to kick off the 5* Magicite since I have her BSB1. My physical earth team is technically bad, but Ingus BSB2 is an amazing workhorse that got me my Ixion clear as my only earth relic.

And another lightning+ spear. It's my third Shelke BSB, so I might consider combining them instead of keeping them separate for element boosting.

I was really hoping for Type-0 stuff though, especially now that it's confirmed they have a Torment coming.

pichupal fucked around with this message at 02:17 on Jul 11, 2018

pichupal
Mar 23, 2013

Poochy ain't Stupid.
I might be.

LornMarkus posted:

It's going to get some 6* versions from Nu Torments in awhile, and they just announced there will be new Witch abilities with the VIII event coming to JP at the end of the month. No details yet but predictions are it'll be a Wind one for Ultimecia.

I'm thinking either Wind for Ultimecia (considering she has to be getting a USB in that event a Witch focused one could be likely), or an upgraded 5* version of Sudden Thunder/Freeze to pair with the 6* Witch abilities. Something like how Dragoons upgraded Blood of the Wyvern to Cyclone Bolt.

pichupal
Mar 23, 2013

Poochy ain't Stupid.
I might be.

MarquiseMindfang posted:

I'm gonna need to level about 60 people to do these torments.

How often do we get new ones? I take it these are permanent.

Twice a month. In order so far:

Tactics - Cúchulainn
V - Gilgamesh
XII - Zodiark
VII - JENOVA Synthesis
VI - Wrexsoul
VIII - Gerogero
IV - Calcabrina
XIII - Dahaka
XV - Deadeye
X - Yunalesca
XIV - Ultima Weapon
IX - Meltigemini
III - Ahriman
Type-0 - Nox Suzaku

Just I, II, and XI left. XI should be next in Japan as they're getting an event early August.

pichupal
Mar 23, 2013

Poochy ain't Stupid.
I might be.
Got Montblanc's BSB on my dollar draw :toot:. I wanted to have at least one relic each from the two Advance characters, and while I still don't have Marche USB (just BSB/LMR), that dream has come true.

Now if I run Alma as a Summoner, I can run a full Tactics mage team. (Marach SSB, Rapha USB, Montblanc BSB, Alma BSB/USB, Ovelia USB). Montblanc also becomes one of my better Ice mage relics, finally beating out Shantotto BSB and Vivi BSB2 for my Ice mage team.

pichupal
Mar 23, 2013

Poochy ain't Stupid.
I might be.
He got a Dark BSB in the KH event, and I think we're a month off from the XII event that gives us the Dark Heavy Physical abilities, which will actually give him dark stuff to use. This was the event right before KH in Japan, I think.

Technically he can use the Earth/Dark Grand Charge right now, which at least does 4 hits for chain building - even if it's a little weak by itself and you're currently charging up for nothing. I personally wouldn't use him for a dark team quite yet unless you're going for a USB/BSB3 combo with an Entruster or something.

pichupal
Mar 23, 2013

Poochy ain't Stupid.
I might be.
I remember FFTA2 having surprisingly good sidequest lines? Like House Bowen and the Flora questlines. I think Frimelda was pretty good too.

What I really remember FFTA2 for is the Auction system and giving Vaan a shirt.

pichupal
Mar 23, 2013

Poochy ain't Stupid.
I might be.
Ellara USB, and future USB2 and Glint.

More specifically, Ellara is MND/MAG, Tyro is ATK/MAG with some MND, and Alph is MAG with some MND.

A White Mage with Haste/IC3 is sort of interesting though. Is this our first one? It lets you get an Instant Hastega at the minimum which is sorta interesting, and an instant Imstant Cast spreader.

pichupal
Mar 23, 2013

Poochy ain't Stupid.
I might be.

Nihilarian posted:

Is that the first medica glint?

We've got a few. I think the first was Ellara (Cura Strength) and Tyro (Instant 2000 HP/Esuna) in Japan's most recent fest. Relm got one too in the last VI event.

There's also been some non-Medica Glints on White Mages, Yuna has High Regen and 50% Holy Bubble, and Y'shtola has Haste/Shell/High Regen.

pichupal
Mar 23, 2013

Poochy ain't Stupid.
I might be.
Huh, that's another great way to handle Dancers. Between Penelo's latest USB with the Medica chase off Dances and Lilisette offensive method (with Celerity option), they're starting to treat them really well. Hopefully they transfer that love to the non-Ramza support characters. Any word on Lilisette's LM2? With her ATK/MND and Celerity/Dance split the only guess I have for LM2 is Haste/Instant Cast 3.

Prishe going Lightning (with slight Ice) is interesting. I hope this means they'll commit to at least giving Ice and Lightning a Fires Within clone now like they did with Earth. Maybe for the last Torment with Josef for Ice, and Raijin at some point? I don't think they'll be seeing the 6* abilities anytime soon but giving them the 5* skills at this point would be nice.

Although with Holy/Dark Magicite and the FF2 Torment left I'm really hoping they'll introduce some sort of Firion Holy solution.

pichupal
Mar 23, 2013

Poochy ain't Stupid.
I might be.
Haven't been playing much recently, but I decided to at least try the RoP draws to see if anything would pull me back in.

So far:

0 - Ace SSB (I at least have his Blink LMR)
Tactics - Montblanc USB (:toot: Interesting, even if Tactics is physically stacked)
XV - Gladio BSB (My first Earth Heavy user)
XIV - Y'shtola SSB (dupe)
XIII - Noel BSB1 (dupe)
XII - Basch USB (:toot:, never got Rikku's USB so this clone is nice, no water+ fist though)
XI - Shantotto SSB (+10 MAG).
X - Auron LMR1 (dupe)
IX - Garnet BSB1 (dupe, but lightning+ dagger)
VIII - Zell Enfire BSB (dupe)
VII - Sephiroth ASB (:toot:)

With Montblanc and Basch I'm actually pretty happy, Basch because it's good and Montblanc because I liked FFTA, and this technically makes him my best dancer. Sephiroth also marks my first ASB/Glint since they've came out so it's sort of nice to finally have one of the newish toys.

Then I threw one pull at the VIII banner hoping for ice stuff and came away with Quistis USB, Laguna BSB and Rinoa EnIce LMR. Would've really liked the LMR if it wasn't for the fact all my Rinoa stuff was Earth.

Daily draws are nice I guess? I know they've been upgraded so I've been doing them too, but only one 5* so far which was a dupe Palom SSB. It's at least a holy+ rod, for those few MAG focused holy characters.

pichupal
Mar 23, 2013

Poochy ain't Stupid.
I might be.
Banner 2, which is the Wind/Fire banner. USB/BSB/LMR all return.

Unless you're asking about the recently announced JP banners, where neither of her USBs or Glint are appearing. Although there was a recent datamine with Dr. Mog, Biggs and Wedge stats so maybe there's a Core focused banner coming?

pichupal
Mar 23, 2013

Poochy ain't Stupid.
I might be.
OSB: Terra and Noctis. No dupes. Fine.

RoP: Maria LMR. Earth+ armor and I have her USB. Nice.

Daily:

:toot: I'm a big IX and Quina fan so this actually might get me playing more. Especially since I don't have a Gen 2 Chain to conflict with that pure ATK buff. My daily haul is now Quina USB, and Palom SSB (dupe). Pretty great for free pulls.

Fest so far:

0 - Ace SSB
Tactics - Montblanc USB
XV - Gladio BSB
XIV - Y'shtola SSB (dupe)
XIII - Noel BSB1 (dupe)
XII - Basch USB
XI - Shantotto SSB
X - Auron LMR1 (dupe)
IX - Garnet BSB1 (dupe, but lightning+ dagger)
VIII - Zell Enfire BSB (dupe)
VII - Sephiroth ASB
VI - Edgar USB; Setzer LMR
V - Bartz Triplecast LMR
IV - Rydia Water BSB
III - Arc Medica SSB
II - Maria LMR

LMR - Edgar
OSB - Terra, Noctis

pichupal
Mar 23, 2013

Poochy ain't Stupid.
I might be.
1/11 Cid USB dupe and Wol SSB dupe to end it off. What a way to end it off.

pichupal
Mar 23, 2013

Poochy ain't Stupid.
I might be.
Wasn't that the same fest where they screwed up the BSB select list and gave everyone a bonus BSB to choose?

pichupal
Mar 23, 2013

Poochy ain't Stupid.
I might be.
I think they mean the 'Start with QC3' LMR on people like Quina or Ignis. At least, I don't think anyone has the 'Chance to trigger QC3' LM2 as an LMR.

pichupal
Mar 23, 2013

Poochy ain't Stupid.
I might be.

Generalissimo posted:

It is sure easier to have the right X Y and Z relics for a fight if you have a lot of really good relics.

I'm starting to wonder if they'll just put Edge SSB2 on a gem selection banner instead of a mythril one.

I really hope they do. Some of the old SSB select draws offered Tyro and Y'shtola's Unique Wall SBs, so I don't see why they couldn't just throw it in on a BSB or OSB select just because.

I'm also hoping since support Glints are around SSB level in strength, maybe they can make an Edge SSB equivalent Glint. Dr. Mog has a Glint Wall now so it could happen.

pichupal
Mar 23, 2013

Poochy ain't Stupid.
I might be.

eelmonger posted:

Only 2? Are these just fillers, "Oops we forgot about ice magic." "Oops, we forgot Hope was a character." Still, tentatively excited that I could actually use my BSB+ complete Hope in a real battle finally.

Honestly when Hope was a complete no show in the XIII event that reissued his dress record, I assumed MAG-based Holy was going the way of Poison and just fading away. Sort of surprised to see Lunar Dragon at all.

I'm hoping it won't be just Hope using it. Maybe we'll eventually see Rydia complete her elemental circuit and get a Holy USB to go with her Earth and Water ones. Or we'll see offensive Yuna again, since she had that one Holy/Wind USB.

pichupal
Mar 23, 2013

Poochy ain't Stupid.
I might be.

Servaetes posted:

WAAAAAAAAARGHHHHH FINALLY

It got over-Shadow-ed by the whole Awakening SBs being extra broken, but Shadow did get a new USB (The Yuffie USB2 to Edge USB upgrade equivalent for dark) and LMR2 (chance to self blink off ninja) in the most recent fest.

If he's actually gonna be the main feature in an event as well, an Arcane and Glint at the are pretty likely. An Awakening seems less likely, but still very possible.

I'm just hoping for SBs with cute Interceptor animations.

pichupal fucked around with this message at 17:42 on Oct 9, 2018

pichupal
Mar 23, 2013

Poochy ain't Stupid.
I might be.
Ended my last DU Lucky the way most of them have gone, disappointment and giving me anything but Type-0.

2/11 - Raines Imperil Holy SSB, Nabaat LMR

pichupal
Mar 23, 2013

Poochy ain't Stupid.
I might be.
I think Fujin's dagger was 2, Bartz's dagger was 1, Bartz's Cloak was 2, and Kaiser Shield was both.

I think Agrias's Kaiser Shield might be the better Book 1 pick with ATK and MAG caps getting their boost eventually, so element boosting armor should pay off better in the long run, and the SB itself is actually a little useful for debuffing early bosses.

My Book 2 recommendation might be FF2 Gordon's Flame Shield - Medium Fire Resist on an armor piece makes it very unique (non-accessories are normally limited to minor resists) and can be useful while waiting for a full set of five resist accessories or when you want to resist multiple elements.

I would also try to complete Book 3 before choosing your Book 1/2 picks, just because the random relic pools from the draw do include relics on the Book 1 and 2 selection lists, so it might make choosing easier.

pichupal
Mar 23, 2013

Poochy ain't Stupid.
I might be.
I'm at in order:

Palom SSB (dupe, but holy+ rod)
Quina USB (Amazing, and I love Quina)
Haurchefant USB (A cover based USB)
Galuf Imperil Earth BSB (Have his LMR and nothing else)

So 2 5*s, 2 6*s, and only one dupe. I feel pretty lucky so far, even if I think Haurchefant's USB is worse then Y'shtola's USB.

pichupal
Mar 23, 2013

Poochy ain't Stupid.
I might be.

Hogama posted:

Otherwise, next fest's Fire banner had

Squall USB3/BSB3
Vivi AOSB/Glint/LMR2
Zell AOSB/Glint/LMR2
Vincent USB2/Glint/BSB2/LMR
Gilgamesh CSB

Come to think of it, wasn't this that weird fest that started the 2% offbanner character relic thing? I'm curious whether Global will follow suit or just add a 6* and 5* relic to the banner since that idea sort of crashed and burned.

Like, this banner technically has two fire chains on it - just a really low chance for Vincent's.

Edit: whoops, misread stuff.

pichupal fucked around with this message at 19:41 on Oct 22, 2018

pichupal
Mar 23, 2013

Poochy ain't Stupid.
I might be.
So we're apparently getting a Player's Choice Banner from a 3rd Anniversary Survey a while back, with LMRs for the matching SBs on the banner. It's coming today with a free first pull. No idea about their selection criteria, but for the categories from the original survey 6 months ago from 1st to 5th:

CSB: Zack, Rinoa, Tidus, WoL, Kain
USB: Cloud 1, Orlandeau, OK (pUSB), Tidus 1, Lightning 1
OSB: Orlandeau, Tidus, Noctis, Cloud, Lightning
BSB: Squall 2 (Ice Junction), Cloud 2 (Enwind), Terra 2(Enfire), Ramza 2 (Enholy Shout), Tidus 2 (Instant Water)
SSB: Noctis, Edge 2 (Eblan Doppleganger), Sephiroth 2 (EnDark), Orlandeau, Lightning 2 (EnLightning)

Hopefully they keep Edge on there for all the people who don't have it. It's still quite an amazing SB and being on a fire+ armor makes it even better, and SSBs are going to be just about impossible to grab from now on. Other then that, chains are still nice even if they're 1.0 versions.

Sort of wish we got a more recent survey to work with that was made after Ellara and 2.0 Chains existed, but the first pull probably wouldn't have been free if that was the case.

pichupal
Mar 23, 2013

Poochy ain't Stupid.
I might be.
Made out with a new shiny Orlandeau OSB. Missed out on it quite a bit, and now I have all his relics. Had my fingers crossed for Zack Chain or Onion LMR too, but no luck there.

pichupal
Mar 23, 2013

Poochy ain't Stupid.
I might be.
Pretty bad so far.

FF1: WoL ASB, Garland ASB
FF2: Guy BSB
F3: Onion Knight LMR, Aria LMR, Ingus BSB (dupe)
FF4: Kain BSB, Edward BSB
FF5: Kelger USB, Galuf BSB (dupe)
FF6: Mog USB1 (dupe)
FF7: Cid LMR, Rufus LMR (dupe)
FF8: Fujin OSB
FF9: Eiko USB (dupe) Kuja OSB, Zidane LMR, Ammy LMR
FF10: Yuna USB2, Yuna BSB2 x 2 (dupes)
FF11:
FF12:
FF13:
FF14:
FF15: Aranea OSB, Gladio BSB (dupe), Noctis BSB (dupe)
Tactics: Orlandeau OSB (dupe), Rapha LMR
Type-0: Nine BSB, Rem LMR1, Ace LMR1 (dupe)

Gem: Krile USB (dupe), Lann BSB (dupe), Garnet LMR2

I started out aiming for realms with the four chain elements I'm missing (Earth, Wind, Holy, Dark) and stuck out. Then went for realms with Gen 2 Chains, and now I'll probably do everything but XI (I have Shantotto Chain/USB and Aphmau USB so it's just Ayame BSB and Shantotto's LMR I'd be after).

So far my winners are only Kelger USB, Guy BSB as a stat stick and Onion LMR. The FF1 ASB's are sorta nice too, and I suppose Lann BSB is a decent stat stick even as a dupe.

pichupal
Mar 23, 2013

Poochy ain't Stupid.
I might be.
One more pull:
FF12: Basch USB2, Larsa BSB

Would've been amazing if they weren't both dupes :v:

Just 11, 13 and 14 left to make these pulls actually worth it.

Bruceski posted:

Trying to sort through all these record materia, I've noticed ones for physical say "PHY attacks deal 20% more damage when equipping a sword" while caster equivalent say "MAG +15% when equipping a whip". Am I correct that the former gets calculated after softcaps and the latter is beforehand? Thus it's better for casters to stick to RM that boost elemental damage or specific abilities, all else being equal?

Damage RMs are independent of stats so it's calculated after, stat RMs are included with buff soft caps.

Caps are generally easier to hit so just break out Vivi's Devotion RM for the occasional time you're using Maria/Edea/Papalymo BSBs if you're worried about hitting the 6-hit thresholds.

Best damage RMs are the general purpose ones and it's also a lot less thinking. If you're relying on Ability Double SBs and fastcast (or have a a non-damaging SB but aren't using Dr. Mog's for some reason) the ability school RM probably comes ahead, but if you think you'll cast an SB twice it loses out.

So in general for RMs, pick Tyro's Weakness Damage RM first, Jump Damage RMs for Dragoons then general purpose ones. Ability School for heavy dualcast shenanigans or non-damaging SBs like Yuffie's Glint.

Tyro's is first because most other boosts are school or element based, so a weakness damage boost will be multiplicative rather then additive. Jump boost is technically a school boost, but most Dragoon SBs are jump damage, it's only Cyclone Bolt that loses out or the damage boost and it's not dealing heavy damage anyways.

pichupal
Mar 23, 2013

Poochy ain't Stupid.
I might be.

Neutral Zone Trap posted:

Steiner laughs in Tidus i guess he's a spellblade though[/s]

Steiner is in a weird spot. His only relevant relic now and in the future will be his IX Realm Chain, and his Legend Dive is actually weirdly general with only a slight spellblade focus - his LM1 is physical damage and his LM2 Trance is boosting all elemental damage.

Between 6* Spellblade and Knight, he covers everything but dark, so he can work well with any subset of IX characters and their various elements, except Kuja. So he's perfectly fine as a knight support, it's just the only knight he'd want to work with is Beatrix.

And you forgot Angeal in your list :v:. One day he'll get a good dive and SB.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pichupal
Mar 23, 2013

Poochy ain't Stupid.
I might be.
Matoya's USB also acts separately - Witch abilities trigger the quickcast, but hitting a weakness is what triggers the chase. So it's fine to stick with Black Magic for now if you don't have Witch stuff honed yet, and if you want her to do Fire damage your only option is Black anyways.

If you grab her LMR or want to dive her, you'll definitely want to focus on Witch.