Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AstraSage
May 13, 2013

MarquiseMindfang posted:

Whats the easiest 220+ Event to do for AA book 9? Tried event Emerald, got immediately hit for 9999 to everyone and wasted in a single turn. Everyone seems to get destroyed in raids as well.

I'd say the IV's Magus Sisters are easy to clear if you can bring a source of Runic (be it from having the right Celes/ExDeath Soul Break in your party or RWing it). Especially if whoever casting Runic also has access to an Ability Double buff (Guaranteed Doublecast at the cost of double hone usage) because Sandy and the Delta Attack will offset its usual downside through Runic.

EDIT: Nevermind.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AstraSage
May 13, 2013

Alright, the following is all I got during this Fest "Season":

Buff Lucky: 1/11 Tellah's Burst
Healer Lucky: 3/11 Minwu's Super, Aerith's First Ultra, Aphmau's Ultra

Realms on Parade
T/0/XV: Rem's Ultra (dupe)
XIV: Minfilia's Ultra
XIII: Snow's First Burst
XII: Vaan's Super (dupe)
XI: Prishe's Super
X: Jecht's Ultra
IX: Steiner's First Burst (dupe)
VIII: Selphie's Ultra
VII: Rude's Burst
VI: Sabin's Overstrike (dupe)
V: 2/3 Krile's Chain (dupe) AND Bartz's Fire Burst
IV: Tellah's Burst (dupe)
III: Luneth's Burst (dupe)
II: Firion's Burst (dupe)
I: Meia's Materia and Thief's Materia...

En-Element Lucky: 2/11 Leon's Ultra and Estinien's Ultra.
Overstrike Lucky: Skipped.
Ultra Lucky: 3/11 Kimahri's Ultra, Tifa's Super and Zidane's EnWind Super(dupe)

Banner 1: 5/22 Seifer's Chain, Tyro's "Godwall" Ultra, Seifer's Materia (times 2), Vanille's Burst (dupe).
Banner 2: 1/11 Krile's Burst (dupe)
Banner 3: Skipped.
Banner 4: Skipped.
Banner 5: 2/11 Tifa's Arcane (times 2)

With a very few exceptions (Mainly Godwall and Seifer's Chain), I felt like my luck peaked on RoP's VII Realm Pull, and from then on RNG went very hard against my desires on Fest: I pulled Banner 1 for Elarra, I get to reforge Mystletein; I pulled Banner for Terra & Greg, I get the one Dupe DeNA couldn't resist swapping in place of Bartz's Burst; I pulled for any Lightning-element SBs, I get Tifa Tech and not even the one that gives her an actual edge over Ursula and her Burst+LMR Combo...

AstraSage
May 13, 2013

triplexpac posted:

Yeah I was just gonna say, I got some of their relics but also rarely use them due to lack of synergy. I feel like there should be a collab realm, rather than a pointless KH one

That's what the Beyond realm was intended to be, but someone (probably Disney) insisted that KH Synergy had to be its own thing...

AstraSage
May 13, 2013

I found a huge reason to report my Record with the Parade:

0: Ace's First Materia [Blink on Black]
T: Alma's Super
XV: 3/3 :aaaaa: Prompto's Burst, Gladio's Second Materia [W-cast Knight] and (Dupe) Noctis' Super.

AstraSage
May 13, 2013

I promised myself I would not spam my progress amidst the Parade until something interesting happened, but last night I got my first truly bad pull:

XV: 3/3 Prompto's Burst, Gladio's Second Materia [W-cast Knight] and (Dupe) Noctis' Super.
XIV: Minfilia's Materia [Longer Buffs]
XIII: Noel's Second Materia [W-cast Ice]
XII: Gabranth's Overflow [+Dark Sword]
XI: Lion's Burst.
X: (Dupe) Lulu's Super [Useless Doll]

Also, my planned pull for FFVIII ended with 1/11 Rinoa's Brave-Ice Ultra.
I'll probably see if I can try a second pull for Quistis' gear's sake after my traditional pull in the Lightning Fest Banner (Which is gonna be the first one on the Upcoming Fest).

AstraSage fucked around with this message at 17:03 on Sep 15, 2018

AstraSage
May 13, 2013

Now that we're at the Fest's Door, I should post my final record for Pre-Fest Pulls:

XV: 3/3 Prompto's Burst, Gladio's Second Materia [W-cast Knight] and (Dupe) Noctis' Super.
XIV: Minfilia's Materia [Longer Buffs]
XIII: Noel's Second Materia [W-cast Ice]
XII: Gabranth's Overflow [+Dark Sword]
XI: Lion's Burst.
X: (Dupe) Lulu's Super [Useless Doll]
IX: Zidane's Second Ultra [+Wind Sword]
VIII: Laguna's Materia [Ice Imperil on Machinist]
VII: Cloud's En-Wind Burst
VI: Edgar's En-Poison Burst
V: Krile's First Super [Not Sheepsong]
IV: (Dupe) Golbez's Burst [+Dark]
III: Onion Knight's Materia [Instant Cast for 2 Turns]
II: Leila's Super [Mug ATK/RES]
I: Master's First Materia [+ATK Bonus on 1 Attack after Monk Ability]

Legend Materia Lucky: 3/11 (SB-less) Vincent's [W-cast Fire], (Dupe) Celes' [W-cast Spellblade] and Zidane's First Materia [Quick Cast 1 after Thief Ability]
Overstrike Lucky: Skipped.
Ultra Lucky: 1/11 Reks' Ultra.

AstraSage
May 13, 2013

4/22 on Earth Banner: Rinoa's Earth Brave Ultra x2, Penelo's Second Burst, Cinque's Burst.

Between the above and only getting her Ice Brave on the Quistis banner, Rinoa's officially in my Avoid List. The Bursts were a nice Consolation Prize, though.

AstraSage
May 13, 2013

Adel posted:

Time for the only pull I’m getting this fest.

Completely OK with that, I think Maria’s BSB is available from the AA so I finally have some goddamn earth magic.

Yeah, Maria's Burst should be an Option on both Tome 7 and Tome 8.

AstraSage
May 13, 2013

Fister Roboto posted:

Meanwhile I'm over here with exactly one daily draw that was even worth a drat (Rydia USB1, enwater and a party buff, not terrible but nothing to really write home about).

No I'm not bitter at all.

Dude, at least you're not still waiting to be disappointed by your first Daily 6* like I am (and I'm still expecting it to be a Dupe given my Gacha Luck this Month)...

So far, the only neat 5* stuff I've gotten from the Daily pull have been Orlandeau's LMR (Which is awesome with his Ultra) and Rikku's En-Water Burst (Not good in itself, but I still hold a BSB+ Policy to decide who gets their MC3 so it was an acceptable excuse to not have Rikku stuck at 80/80).

AstraSage
May 13, 2013

Forgot to post this earlier, but I got my first Disco off the Daily Pull, and of course it was Aemo's Ultra because I can't a get big pull without some asterisk attached to it... :confuoot:

AstraSage
May 13, 2013

That reminds me to post my final haul for this Fest season, bolding the ones that caught my attention:

0: (dupe) King's [Starting En-Thunder] Materia.
T: Ovelia's [W-cast White] Materia.
XV: Prompto's Second Burst.
XIV: Alphinaud's First Ultra.
XIII: Snow's [Attack Build-up per Tanked Hit] Materia.
XII: (dupe) Larsa's Burst.
XI: (dupe) Prishe's Burst.
X: Auron's [Attack Build-up per Tanked Hit] Materia.
IX: Quina's First Burst.
VIII: Squall's First Ultra.
VII: Aerith's [W-cast White] Materia.
VI: 2/3 (dupe) Sabin's Overflow, (dupe) Strago's Burst.
V: (dupe) Xezat's [W-cast Spellblade] Materia.
IV: Edward's [Buff Extension] Materia.
III: Aria's [Anti-Fire Stoneskin] Ultra.
II: Leon's [W-cast Darkness] Materia.
I: (dupe) Master's Burst.

Surprise Daily Pulls: Yuffie's Second Ultra, Rydia's First Ultra, (dupe) Freya's First Super.

Ultra Lucky: 4/11 Yang's, Balthier's, (dupe) Lenna's, (dupe) Alphinaud's First

VI's Gau Banner: 5/11 Umaro's Ultra, Gogo-VI's Ultra, Strago's First [W-cast Water] AND Second [Starting En-Water] Materias, (dupe) Gogo's Burst.

AstraSage
May 13, 2013

Alright, can someone judge my haul?

40-pull #1
Ignis' USB
Agrias' USB2
Rikku's USB2
Naabat's USB1 (dupe)
Gladio's BSB
Arc's BSB2
Irvine's BSB
Vincent's BSB

40-pull #2
Terra's USB1
Raijin's OSB (dupe)
Papalymo's OSB (dupe)
Noel's BSB1
Beatrix's BSB2

Cowcaster posted:

it could've gone a lot worse i guess but i'm pretty chagrinned that of the 6 six stars i got there was a single one that wasn't an osb or a duplicate. thanks game

Thankfully, that single non-dupe is the humongous Earth Magic Tool known as Maria's Ultra.

AstraSage fucked around with this message at 14:35 on Feb 22, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AstraSage
May 13, 2013

KataraniSword posted:

Agrias's USB2 is a lynchpin of any holy team going against something with less than full holy resistance (particularly the FFT torment) and Ignis USB is fantastic speed tech. Rikku USB2 is very similar to Agrias USB2 but for water. Terra USB1 is probably the best of the first-generation USBs, and given the self-buffs and Terra's trance mode, it means she can more or less be self-sufficient in physical teams if you need to.

tl;dr: you got a lot of drat good tech for torments and crystal towers but it's not earthshatteringly good on the magicite front.

Thanks for the evaluation, it's good to know I had good reasons to be excited of getting Ultras for Agrias, Ignis and Terra:

Agrias was a cool character that was kinda stuck at Super-and-below + Materia tech for a good while and the Tactics Torment really could need something to boost my DPS like an in-Realm Imperil.

Not counting its amazing effect, Ignis' Ultra was great as a drop because my XV options were very focused on Noctis, Iris and Prompto (with none of the latter two having anything above Burst-level + Materia), so outside of Gladio (who was Super + Too-many-Materias-without-proper-SB-support, so I appreciate the +10 ATK from his Burst) I was lacking of stacked enough characters for a Full Synergy Torment Party.

Terra's USB1 is enough of a Legend to be glad of getting even though I'm quite well-equipped for Fire Magic with stuff like Papa's Ultra or Krile Chain.

That said, Rikku's USB2 is the one Disco I kinda accepted more moderately because she's my only Chain-holder for Water and she already had some problems juggling the Chain with any of her other SBs...