Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

The biggest advantage of Rikku CSB is that it frees up Tidus to use his other powerful water Soul Breaks :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

I've finally got every character up to at least level 80

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

so exactly how good/bad is this? I know I won't be using it for magicite but is it any good outside of that?

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

I actually have Zack Chain, and Noctis does have Dragoon 5, so maybe he makes my wind team

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Kheldarn posted:

Last time, I got 2x Locke Dagger, this time, 2x Rikku Targe. The only use for dupes is to feed them to an existing copy to increase the power of it, right?
other people can equip them to get the synergy bonus in-realm

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

KataraniSword posted:

This is important enough to bear repeating. Aside from Ninjutsu (which has both MAG-based and ATK-based skills) and a few NAT-coded SBs, the ability type determines what stat an ability scales off of.

Black Magic, Summons, Witch Skills, and NAT-based damaging SBs (Trigger Happy's entry/CMD1, Wishing Star, etc) key off of MAG. In addition, a handful of Ninjutsu skills (the 3* Veils, Phantasm, Gust, Smoldering Fire, and Raging Storm) key off of MAG, but have a much lower hard cap since they pierce RES.

White Magic keys off of MND. This increases the amount of damage and healing you do with white magic, so high MND helps Rem as much as it helps Deuce. Mind also extends the length of dispellable buffs (Protect/Shell/Haste/Reflect) and Esuna-able debuffs (poison/stop/paralyze/silence/blind). NAT-based medica SBs (Trigger Happy CMD2, Selphie USB, etc) also keys off of MND, though they don't get boosts from +White in legend dives.

Everything else keys off of ATK. A couple of Knight skills (Armor Strike, Aegis Strike) and SBs (Steiner's SSB1) consider DEF in the equation for damage and are terrible because of it, but they still scale off of ATK as well.
darkness is also mixed

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Snow's Chain was probably the worst in the game back when Snow had no way of contributing to it without his other relics. These days, I don't know, Locke probably. I'm also really not a fan of Edward's new Holy Chain for a couple of reasons

Regardless, All Chains Are Good

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Tifa LMR and Staff of Ramuh are the only dupes, I have enough for 2 pulls and maybe another tomorrow, let's go

have her bsb, should be good

another Ashe thing, I think I have Aphmau's LMR, Maria BSB is solid magical earth. about as good a set of pulls as I could hope for without getting any 6* relics.

but man, I wanted some 6* relics. Tempted to pull again, even with 6 dupes

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

IllegallySober posted:

Did anyone do a review of Banner 5 they could link me to? I know NZT used to do Banner reviews but I'm like 3000 posts behind in the old thread so skipped here to ask :downs:
its good

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

one more ill-advised pull

all dupes, nice

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

If you literally just started like half of the content in this game can be chumped with OSBs

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

I somehow still have zero (0) Ramza relics so if it's actually good I might consider a pull there

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Prav posted:

gau has one hell of an USB coming up, incidentally
I'm excited for the advent of Gau Orlandeau

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

My sub30 Maliris team has all 3 of Tidus, Bartz and Yuffie on it

Edit: it might honestly be faster if I subbed out Bartz for my also-dived Edge, but I'm already consistently sub30ing her so whatever, I'll save the orbs

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

gently caress Murphy, dive all 3 of them

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Neutral Zone Trap posted:

Then you’ll never draw relics for any of them and get Steiner USB instead
but you'll have 3 dived doublecast ninjas

- signed, person with relics for all 3

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

I always hear about how Ixion is pretty much a gimme once you have Edge SSB2 or Arc SSB2 but I have both and I don't think I've managed to get it below 75% before it crushed me

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

McDragon posted:

Well I'm convinced, thanks everyone. On both that Edge needs some attention from me, and that the torments are worth doing. heck, I should just have a ninja week or something

e: gently caress, I always forget Fujin. whether its that she does wind stuff or is a dang ninja, I just forget her every single time

e2: I just have ninja blindness or something
Fujin is a wind mage. The best thing Ninja gives her is Stitch in Time, she's basically the only Ninja actually interested in it

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

No. 1 Apartheid Fan posted:

The lack of a festival banner runback where you can pull on any of them for 24 hours is kinda a bummer
that only happens when they gently caress up real bad

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

I'm sitting here with 2 characters dedicated to healing and I still can't keep up with Ixion's damage output. Anytime I try to take time off of healing to do literally anything else (like cast hastega), I immediately eat poo poo. I don't get it and it's annoying because I'm pretty sure I have all the pieces to beat it

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

KPC_Mammon posted:

You could bring breaks.

Does everyone have lightning resist?
I've tried breaks, and I use lightning resist, yes. The healer setup I was using there was Arc with his SSB2 and Onion Knight who starts healing immediately after using his bsb (I have his lmr as well)

For other boostgas I tried Josef with USB and earth monk abilities, and Minfilia with SSB and breaks. My best medica USB is Rosa; I've tried her, and also my fully dived Y'Shtola with BSB before

For DPS my most used are Tifa with USB1, OSB and enearth lmr and a dived Bartz with USB (also lmr and osb but I haven't used those yet). I've used TGCid with USB/LMR, and a dived Edge with SSB2 a couple times. I also have a dived Yuffie with USB1, Glint and LMR who I haven't tried yet.

EDIT: and I've used Shelke as an entruster a bunch

Nihilarian fucked around with this message at 21:09 on Jul 6, 2018

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Alright, managed Ixion at 56 seconds, thanks

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

PneumonicBook posted:

Yea it's ultimecia. Ff8 is the only one I didn't play so one which lady is the same as the other, my bad.
it's ok, Edea actually is Ultimecia for like half the game

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Cattail Prophet posted:

Put off all the fest content until this afternoon because I'm dumb, ended up having to leave behind the highest difficulty Weapon fights, the top two Zeromus fights, and the gil only raids. :(
same, but instead of putting it off until the last minute I chose not to do them because gently caress that bullshit

... actually I did forget to check the multiplayer levels. Whoops.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Fister Roboto posted:

It's not even a very good USB compared to others. Party Curaga, 30% Stoneskin, and Last Stand. No instant cast.
i thought every medica usb came with at least 3 additional effects? I don't get why they'd release one now with only 2

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Time to get all these useless hero souls out of my inventory

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Is Icicle Rush worth honing for Josef if I bring him to the ice trials for his USB?

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Cowcaster posted:

i pull on fft a lot because of personal druthers, elucidate for me why this draw is so good
which draw?

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

I think my CM run against Meltigemeni is the first time I've ever actually used my poison elemental resist accessories. Had to dig em out of the vault, still only had 4

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Don't pull on a banner where you already have 4+ of the items already, imo

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Wow dived Bartz with lmr is real good at Squall BSB2 huh

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Is that the first medica glint?

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Squall's commands do count as spellblades, yes. No chase on usb1 because it's ice but the other stuff on usb1 works fine

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

At one point I spent a some time just doing the 3* dives on everyone while watching twitch and the only reason I stopped was that I was running out of 3* vitality motes. Still have a bunch of everything else, especially dexterity

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Wish they'd stop pairing holy and dark. At this point I'm not really interested in physical holy things that aren't a chain

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

I'd love to get Paine poo poo but water is probably my best element and i have 3 dupes and Tidus chain already

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

MF_James posted:

That is the same thing...
50% chance per hit is extremely different to 50% chance per ability cast. If it's per hit, you get 4 times as many chances to imperil, which greatly improves the odds of it proccing at least once per ability usage

I'm fairly certain (I don't really use them) the current offering abilities are per ability, not per hit. I'm going to assume the 6*s will function similarly

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

14 pushbacks, 112,947 damage. Just can't get to those last 40 motes

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

I've had so much trouble getting Bismark down consistently until literally right now, when I took the team I used to squeak out a win against Kraken in on a whim and beat my record, without using wall. I have no idea why it feels so much easier now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Alxprit posted:

I like that gimmick of "cursed" equipment with downsides as well as upsides. I dunno how many of them will be viable, though, but I like the idea of it.
i have like 3 copies of an accessory that lets you resist 3 elements but makes you vulnerable to water. I have literally never been punished for using it, and I don't think I've had to use the trick where you wear water resist armor to overwrite the water weakness, because only the best case applies.

I have like half a dozen dark resist accessories. That Emporer (ii) light armor might as well just read "Dark Boost"