Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

So now that fest is winding down, I've gone through and made all my AA selections. Upon some review I decided that I was pretty much set for all the available elemental boosts from book 2, and that over half of the list for book 9 was dupes with nothing I really needed from what was left except maybe Meia burst for some magical water. That allowed me to do this:

Unless I'm mistaken, I do believe that is a complete Minwu. (LMR not pictured, but I do have it.) The BSB2 might even come in handy if I can feed him enough bars, since his offensive USB doesn't come with enholy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

Zurai posted:

Quina is not assigned a gender by the game. Anything which affects only males or only females will not affect Quina.

Does this apply to anyone else? I remember way back during the fest that had the coliseum with a bunch of themed brave synergy lists, there were a few other characters that were absent from both the male and female sets. Exdeath was one of them, I'm pretty sure, and I think Cait Sith?

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

Put off all the fest content until this afternoon because I'm dumb, ended up having to leave behind the highest difficulty Weapon fights, the top two Zeromus fights, and the gil only raids. :(

Ah well, at least Zeromus is coming back with the rest of the superbosses again next fest, right?

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

Pulled once, went 1/11 Faris BSB2, took it as a sign to wait until the next V event.

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

You can't use RWs for either of those, so no. You wouldn't really be able to cheese them with one anyway, though.

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

Physical teams for isgebind are fine, all the dudes you listed have access to ranged weapons, inherently ranged abilities, or both. You might have to forgo a +fire weapon or two that you would otherwise use, but that shouldn't make the difference between clearing and not.

Unless you don't have any bows or throwers worth a drat, which I guess is entirely possible.

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

Ok, so.

Vincent can be kitted out to do physical decently; give him Prompto's gun.
Sabin is the best monk there in a vacuum, but I don't recall off hand whether any of their SB entries (or Sabin's chase) are ranged or not, so Amarant or Galuf might work better for this fight.

Bring Greg/Vincent/monk of your choice, along with whatever two healers you were using. Vincent should be using ruby spark for dps and the monk should be using fires within. I won't guarantee that this will get you the clear, but it sounds like a decent setup on paper. If you don't have the hones on the relevant abilities to support this yet, that's something to work towards.

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

You could spam raid clears for 3* motes if you really wanted to. (Please don't do this.)

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

I got my first Evrae to drop today!

I have seven Sirens and eight Seraphs. :negative:

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

Maybe slow down a little bit? With two astra sources I feel like it shouldn't be too hard to always have it up, so try adjusting the pace of your dps so you're not mashing all of Hades' phase changes into a couple turns. You might also consider swapping your main magicite to unicorn for an extra astra.

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

4/11 Edward BSB, Porom BSB, Ramza USB1, Ceodore USB, no dupes

Always... pull...?

I had a bare LMR for Edward, so it's nice to have something else of his now. Porom BSB is... decent, but I have better options. Ramza tech is good, I can probably shave a few seconds off some of my magicite teams if I can make room for it. Ceodore's USB looks pretty blah. It's also my eighth +holy sword, and my third 6* one.

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

The realm dungeons got revamped, including new rewards, in either late May or early June, but any dungeons you completed previously stayed completed, and you couldn't get the new rewards from them. As compensation, older players got a one time influx of mythril and mats based on how far in the realms they were.

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

TIL that under the new mission system, if you finish a battle after the event ends, you don't get to claim the mission reward, which I don't think is how the old CMs worked. RIP that 2 million gil I guess.

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

stab posted:

So uhh

What would be the best 4 to use for max "Cloud fucks poo poo upness"?
And embarassing admission:

How does Cloud's USB with solider mode work?
What does his glint actually do?
Am i missing anything for Cloud at this point (lol)

Off the top of my head, you're missing cross slash (his second unique), fenrir overdrive (his first burst), and whatever his KH relics are. I think that might be it though?

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

Literally Umaro. (and Bartz, I guess, if you just want to spam snowspell strike) All the other ice focused sharpshooters are bows/guns only.

Fake edit: Actually, Firion could make good use of it once he gets his non-holy toolkit.

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

Kheldarn posted:

Is there anyone that can carry me through a difficulty 80+ raid? It's the last thing I need for Book Of Trials 5.

I'm sitting in the lobby for d80 Bottomswell now, if you're still looking for someone. I've had a bad habit of putting raids off lately, so I still need to clear it anyway.

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

I saw you pop in briefly, but then you disappeared? Not sure what happened there, but you were doing it right. There's a way to set raids to private so you need a code to join, but, uh, that doesn't really seem necessary atm.

E: Welp. There's no accounting for netcode, I guess. :v:

Cattail Prophet fucked around with this message at 04:32 on Aug 28, 2018

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

I can still get you through the 120 no problem, if you wanted to try again. My internet isn't exactly the greatest, though, so there's a decent chance it was my fault you dropped.

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

Nah, I'm a lazy rear end who refuses to change from the default. You'll probably still be fine though.

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

I have 325 mythril. I'm extremely ready. :getin:

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

Today's daily draw was... Machina OSB. Sure, OK. :confuoot:

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

It's honestly kind of surprising to me that there's still no way to farm rosettas other than whaling to get a bunch of extraneous 5*s.

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

Also remember that if the team you're likely to use him on already has a source of party instant cast, that will devalue the trance somewhat. That said, just having the free heal can be pretty clutch sometimes.

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

rabidsquid posted:

i got rosa lmr which is one of those "raise mnd every time you cast a white magic spell" how good are these anyway?

They're pretty lackluster. Do note, though, that unlike pretty much everything else in the game except for chains, they actually key to the number of individual hits rather than command uses. For instance, in your case casting holy would raise the count by four ticks, not just one.

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

Ayndin posted:

8 has got a lot of potentially good choices, it depends on what else you have to a large extent. Rude's glove is potentially useful for Yuffie and I think Edge if you want to lean on the overpowered ninja skills for earth-weak fights.

To weigh in on this, from my experience with Ixion, I've found that Edge has more or less equivalent damage output with either Rude's glove or a 6* katana, thanks to the +katana damage in his dive. The numbers might shift enough to make the glove a better choice if you only have a 5* katana, though, or if you don't have +earth armor for Edge to wear too. The glove does definitely win out for Yuffie, since her dive doesn't have any +equipment nodes iirc.

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

Kheldarn posted:

Realms On Parade
Parade 0 dropped a Duece on me, and gave me his Eye For Detail LMR (Feathered Cap).
Parade FFT shanked me with Ramza's Battle Cry BSB (Kiyomori).
Parade 15 Gladiown'd me with Gladio's LMR (Prince's Pillar).
Parade 14 Dusted me with Ysale's BSB (Shiva: Diamond Dust). I don't feel so good...

Parade 13 fisted me with Snow's BSB (A Hero Rides).

Deuce is a girl :j: (also you spelled her name wrong)

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

It's a good LMR if you have Other poo poo for Noel, since there's no ability school restriction, meaning it affects SBs too. More importantly, though, it's ever elusive +ice armor, that literally everyone can wear, no less! A Good Pull.

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

KataraniSword posted:

Noel's in a weird spot sort of like Wol is in that he doesn't really have any niche he excels in, because until we got New Skillsets, he had a bunch of poo poo at 4* that was basically just taking up space. (Now, he has 5* Sharpshooter, which is actually Really Solid, but he has to compete with the likes of Umaro/Laguna for those Icicle Shots.) His LMs are solid, so it's not like you'd be wasting motes, but check to make sure he has a spot on your ice teams before committing to it, I'd say.

You know, I've never looked at Noel's dive before because other than his LMR all I have for him is some old garbage. Now that I have... holy poo poo that's a good dive. It's literally Orlandeau's dive, which is kind of insane actually. Pure +physical damage nodes that stack multiplicatively with everything are pretty spicy.

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

Huh, apparently the guaranteed quad 9 attacks on the octopath bosses weren't intentional. No definitive answer on if there'll be apology mythril, though. I killed them fast enough that it didn't affect me, so whatever.

E:f;b

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

Got my first big win from RoP tonight: Irvine USB. I've got better SB options for fire sharpshooting, so Irvine himself probably still won't see use outside of in-realm content, but Cid XIV will greatly appreciate the 6* +fire gun.

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

Gonna be honest, I had to start up the game to double check that SB names even show up in the in-battle UI.

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

Kheldarn posted:

So, uh... I guess we're gonna be doing the Cloud x Don Corneo event?

BRA*BRA is a yearly? album release that SE puts out of new music arrangements from across the series. It's short for Brass de Bravo. I think FFRK has cross-promoted every release, though the first few crossovers came to global extremely late.

I'm assuming you were going for a dumb Cloud in a dress joke here. If that's not what that was then I guess I'm a little lost.

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

MF_James posted:

I've been running:

magic - Edward USB, Tyro USB (have QC LMR), Elarra, 2DPS
melee - OK pUSB, Tyro, Elarra, 2DPS or Tyro, Elarra, 3DPS (like water where I have tidus/edge/yuffie with good SBs and all dived)

edward/tyro/OK all run entrust/wrath

Everyone I use is fully dived atm except Edward because of obvious reasons. I have been using TGM on Elarra, biggest damage boost I can on DPS and AS/the other one on the entrusters

Sadly I have no physical blink outside of ninja abilities, I'm lacking utility SBs outside of the Big Buffs

Which Ellara RW are you using? The first thing that jumps out at me is that both guardian and raider are essentially redundant on your teams. Consider dropping Tyro for... anything else useful, really, and finding room for proshellga in your ability slots instead. Heck, for a few of the magicites you can get away with only one or the other.

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

One last thing I'll mention is that unless you're going for a specific strat that involves a lot of SB spam, two dedicated entrusters seems like a bit overkill for most situations. Once your DPSes get their relevant SBs up and running, they shouldn't need any extra gauge for sustain, and there comes a point where your healer/support is limited more by actions than by gauge.

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

That's fair, and you can definitely make multiple entrusters work. I'll admit I'm also slightly biased because the arbitrary limitations I set for myself actively prevent me from having multiple entrusters.

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

Kheldarn posted:

Parade 2 Wu'd me with Minwu's BSB (Seal Of Heaven)..

Just FYI, if you still need to finish the Nightmares, this clowns on Evrae extremely hard.

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

I had no dupes going into banner 1. I pulled twice and went 10/22! ...with no 6*s. I now have all the LMRs and all the bursts except for Galuf's. :psyduck:

And for posterity's sake, my prefest haul:

ROP:
T0: Ace OSB
Tactics: Meliadoul LMR
XV: Noctis SSB
XIV: Yda BSB
XIII: Fang LMR
XII: Fran LMR2
XI: Shantotto SSB (dupe)
X: Braska SSB (dupe)(the just damage one)(I have all of his supers already)
IX: Steiner BSB2? (it's got a draw fire entry)
VIII: Irvine USB
VII: Yuffie BSB (dupe)
VI: Terra BSB2
V: Faris BSB1 (dupe)
IV: Kain LMR (dupe)
III: Refia LMR
II: Josef USB
I: Matoya BSB

Luckies:
LMR: Gilgamesh
OSB: Krile, Sabin, Quistis
USB: Fran, Basch

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

Daily draw today was an ancient no SB rod... and also my new highest mag +holy weapon. :confuoot:

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

I've been looking forward to the water magicites. Quetz and BK were nonstarters for me, but my lightning teams are both pretty stacked, so I think I stand a decent chance of taking down at least one of these new assholes. First, though, I need to get off my butt and clear out some lower level torments so I can expand my ability selection.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

I think sources of +black magic damage that don't specifically say "black magic abilities" work on everything that's coded as BLK, which magical darkness and witch abilities are. I won't 100% swear to it, though.