Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
came back after a month of not logging in and instantly blew all 100 of my free mythril

livin that life

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
will this free pull be the time I finally pull literally even a single chain SB?

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
update: I did, in fact, not get a single chain

I got Garland's Arcane though so I continue to just be flush with dark poo poo even though I only play this game like every few months

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Flavahbeast posted:

DENA and Square are two different companies, and when people spend time playing one company's game that's time they're not spending playing the other.

I'm sure there's a synergistic effect too, where FF14 content in FFRK makes people more likely to play FF14 and vice versa, but when was the last time FF14 did anything FFRK-related?

I think doing more FF14 stuff would be a net positive for DENA but I can understand why they don't

Yeah I don't think this is it

Opera Omnia keeps adding FFXIV characters

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
riku is a strong boy

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
So playing this game on and off I'm still fairly new, though even with my lame party I can cheese stuff up to difficulty 140ish with Riku (as long as I can use my physical party.) I have a few questions though:

- What white mage pairs really good with physical teams? Right now I'm using Yuna since I have her BSB but she seems more geared towards magic support. Healing soul breaks in general are a weak point for me at the moment, though I have some stuff for Arc, Selphie, and Larsa.

- I kind of want to go All In on Squall after getting his new USB from the KH banner. Anything in particular I should be looking to grab for him?

- Ditto above but for Ramza

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
Oh hey that's handy because I also have Steely Blade.

I've started using Ramza as an Entruster and the results are pretty spectacular so far.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Elephant Ambush posted:

What do you have for Selphie and Larsa?

Selphie USB1 and Larsa BSB

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
Well I'm out of Growth Eggs and 5* Motes so I'm not leveling anyone else for a while but I'm pretty happy with my current team (Gilgamesh/Riku/Squall/Selphie/Ramza) and hopefully that'll take me through the rest of the easier content until I have to start worrying about elemental teams/synergy teams/magic teams because all I got for that really is Alphinaud and Yuna

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
newbie update: Beat my first Nightmare dungeon! It was the Curada one. Only the last boss gave me a bit of trouble but that's before I realized he didn't counter summon magic, which means between Yuna's BSB, Alphinaud's USB/Tiamat spam, and Ramza constantly feeding Selphie meter for Slots Full Cure I managed to power through

also Riku was there I guess

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
I guess adding Cor should put the people worrying that FFRK was done adding characters at ease

now do a Stormblood event and add Hien and Alisaie cowards

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
Gonna post my realms on parade pick-ups in here so experts can tell me if they're any good or not

Type-0: King BSB. Nothing else for him.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
Ramza's Chain! I finally, finally have a chain.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

LornMarkus posted:

His chain is pretty much the game changer. Ever since I picked that up in JP I've run a Holy Knight Team and crushed everything that doesn't specifically call for other elements or specific realms.

I just got that last night. Other than TG Cid and Beatrix who's good for Knight-ing?

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
aranea overstrike

I don't have to be an expert to know this is nothing special

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
Thanks for the tips y'all. I actually do have a Cecil USB so maybe I can do something with this.

Do I just shove Assault Saber on everyone?

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
Today's Luck of the Realms: Thancred USB. This makes him the like second FFXIV character I have anything for.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
Serah USB 1 and the Cid Raines legend materia that increases buff length.

Guess I'm picking up Cid's BSB from the Acolyte free relics huh

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
Larsa LM3. This seems incredibly niche?

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
V is one of my weakest realms (outside of Gilgamesh) and I'd love some gear for the Bartzman. Is it worth pulling on this V banner? I've got like a hundred mythril.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Onmi posted:

The way to circumvent the gimmick is by using Summons, as they are not counted as any of the counterable abilities
They also make the turrets instantly eat poo poo

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
Today (and yesterday's) Luck of the Realms: Auron USB1 and Zidane Glint!

Happy to have an enwind for Zidane that isn't his SSB

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
Raijin LMR. gently caress me I guess!