Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

I finally had a couple of pulls where I really felt like I completely whiffed, even though I got a new chain it's Snow's, and I had Rinoa's already. Physical and magical distinction is nice at least, but it does kind of blow when what I really wanted from this banner was any gear that boosted ice-elemental attacks - there were three whole options and I missed them all! Oi. Just means that I can't be that down on my luck when I hit banner 5 in a couple of days... hopefully.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

Breaks... are good.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

Banner 5 was always the one I was looking the most forward to. I had 200 Mythril going into it, so let's see.

Pull 1: Ashe LMR, Ashe Glint... Tifa Arcane? Okay, sure, that works I guess. Would have been funny to have a full-suite pull.
Pull 2: Ashe LMR again, and then Ashe Ultra! Hell yeah, I've wanted this relic for forever. Goes great with her other tools! But there's one relic I really want from this banner.
Pull 3: Ashe Glint, all by itself. Ugh... should I really keep going?
Yes, yes I should.
Pull 4: Tifa LMR... TIFA ULTRA... AND GARNET CHAIN! WOOOHOOOOOOOO!

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

:stare: Good lord. Who knew Arcana were so useable after all?

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

Fister Roboto posted:

Bwah ha ha! Your weapons tickle!

Much better when he's not doing it EVERY SINGLE TIME you hit him.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

I mean, jumping into the conversation, maybe I can think about starting to do 4* magicites, but I didn't want to have to worry about them after rushing to clear the 3* ones - which were all fairly painless except for Hydra whom I now have actual tools for. I just farmed some Mom Bombs for a quick and easy Attack Boon, but I suppose with my Unicorn nearly maxed out on inheritance stats there's really nowhere to go but up in terms of obtaining new ones.

In that case, I don't know which one to go for first. Half of my offense for my brand new Gilgachain team is ranged (Locke with Ruby Spark and Balthier with Burning Snipe), so maybe Igsebind wouldn't be a gigantic issue like it has been for other people, and that is one of my best teams right now. I need to do more research into what Magicites are most doable for me.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

No reason to make Luso a Knight when Frimelda's right there

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

First ever full-clear of a Crystal Tower that wasn't a fest gimme or otherwise.

Bahamut was the first one I worked on because I had heard the horror stories. I brute forced it with my shiny new Gilgamesh Chain, Setzer broke it in the face, and Elarra desperately tried to keep everyone alive. I don't know what I would have done without Regenga's effect keeping me healthy enough to reapply Hastegas when they were dispeled.

Next I did Guardian with windchain, since the team involved one synergy member with Luneth. Pretty vanilla battle, Tornado was spooky but he was nearly dead by then.

Tiamat Eliminator I did with standard knight stuff. Agrias carried Protect and Iris carried Haste for any single-target dispel countering. Otherwise, a dispel of my own to get rid of HIS Protect and we were fairly in the clear. Orlandowns.

Dainslef I wasn't exactly prepared for. I should have had Garnet off-healing with Curaja instead of trying to build up to her chain with Bahamut. Y'shtola was there to provide Proshellga through her SSB, and Mog was dancing and hasting with his BSB. The battle ended with too much offense, and Garnet and Mog were both fallen before I could finish the job. This team needs some more work, I feel.

I'm still happy though! Swimming in motes, and I need to spend some soon to get my lesser-power teams some goodness.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

I got Tyro and Elarra to level 30 though so that's cool and it's cute to see them tooling around in any case.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

I got a decent pull in Bartz Arcane and Krile LMR. Krile still doesn't have anything worthwhile in her kit, though, but the Arcane is a +wind knife which is a very handy weapon for any resident Dash and Slashers. Like Rikku in break-resistant content.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

If you have a chain on the team with USB1, there's no need to en-element. He'll be hitting close to cap with just that. As for USB2, you'd probably want to Glint into that, and rely on the speediness of the actions to get in as much damage as possible for the finisher.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

I got my fourth Midgardsomr today and I'm finally going to have my very first 4* Magicite at level 99. Feels good to have Fast Act on my first one as well, it seems like a good investment.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

I'm gonna die before I get all these magicites perfected, aaaaagh. My Midgardsomr is almost at level 99, so I can be completely done with that and move onto something else. Not sure if I want that to be another Earth Magicite since my Wind Team is still my best and my Earth Team is physical, so it would need some actual Attack Boon nonsense. I guess in the end I should just be getting all of them. It's not so bad if I just space it out and do it on off-days...

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

What's next on the "holy poo poo pull on this" banner list? I had budgeted two pulls for V, but my first pull got me Bartz' ASB and BSB, plus Faris' BSB, and I already have Bartz' USB1 plus a couple of other dupes, so it's too risky for another pull, as much as I'd like that earth chain.

Quistisdemption, aka the next FF8 event. That'll be a little while from now. But feel free to analyze banners as they come for specific needs.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

I have 50 Onion Knight motes that will forever taunt me, unable to be used for anything.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

I must analyze my choices. Water is by far my weakest element with only one single character I have specializing in it (Yuffie), and no chain or other support available. So with that in mind, here are my dupes:

Oritsuru (Yuffie USB)
Twilight Steel (Tidus BSB)
Mutsunokami (Edge BSB)
Tidus's Armguards x2 (Tidus LMR)
Warrior's Targe (Rikku LMR)

I might have the Rikku BSB on the banner but I don't remember, there's a million Targes out there. Pull for discos, or is it a lost cause with too much risk?

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

Fister Roboto posted:

I'd definitely pass. You've already got a very powerful water team (Tidus BSB is insanely good with a source of enwater) and that's a ton of dupes.

My only source of enwater on Tidus is his LMR. :smith:

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

Fister Roboto posted:

Yeah, enelement LMRs are great. Like I said you've got a solid water team. With two entrust bots and a healer, you could easily sub-30 Marilith, if you haven't already.

You really think so? I would absolutely kill to have Marilith's set of magicite to make my extraordinary Gilgamesh Chain team even stronger. Maybe I'll just have to try it raw one of these days. Just don't know how I feel about a second Entrust.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

I like that gimmick of "cursed" equipment with downsides as well as upsides. I dunno how many of them will be viable, though, but I like the idea of it.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

Wind team seems fine, I'll just alternate Divine Veil RWs with Rikku USB casts and I probably won't have much time without buffs.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

Today was very fruitful. After a janky and disappointing clear on Marilith I went for Igsebind. With a 2.0 chain I was able to put him on ice pretty easily, thanks to most of my Fire team using ranged attacks. I'm gonna sit and farm this one for a bit to improve my ice teams and get myself ready for Tiamat who I hear is a bit of a pain. I've also been leveling Cores alongside Magicite, I got Spellblade and Magus and Ninja up for all their convenient autoattacks, and now it's just a matter of convenience as I get more. So yeah, as I get ready, I feel like I'm starting to really understand and get there with the 4*s. Hopefully I can beat up enough to reach the promised land of Evrae.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

Bruceski posted:

That spar with Seifer is incredibly tight. When I unlocked it at 29 I couldn't win, and at 31 I just barely did. Is there a way to egg these guys up to 40 or just grinding a smidge at a time?

No eggs, unfortunately. I haven't run all the numbers yet but I think my way of grinding them will be re-running the Fynn stage and making sure to intentionally kill the FF2 gang before the one battle there is won.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

I got two somewhat decent LMRs for characters I typically use - Kain and Yuffie. Along with a Tellah SSB that might come in handy for a torment or a crystal tower fight.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

I got my first 5* off of the common draw!

...it was Tiny Bee.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

No. 1 Apartheid Fan posted:

When does RoP start again? I'm itchin to pull

Tonight!

Realms on Parade!
Realms on Parade!

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

While my ice team is pretty great, my +ice gear situation is not. I'm hoping I can remedy it on this banner and/or replace Snow with a good chain. Worst comes to worst I'm getting some handy Crystal Tower tech.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

That's a comparison I've wanted to have done for a while now. Thank you for assuring me that Luneth is the superior windyboy.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

That's a dumb gimmick for a 180 difficulty!

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

Today was questionably fruitful.

My Realms on Parade has been fairly crappy so far, but I got a disco today. It was Shantotto's Chain Soul Break, which is... great, and all, but I had Garnet's already. So that's kind of a wash, there.

I did two pulls on Quinoa banner. Each of them were two rainbows, one disco.

First: Squall BSB2, which is a dupe. Rinoa Glint, which is new, and Rinoa's new Brave USB, which is cool.

Second: Quistis' Glint and Materia, which is neat. Rinoa's Arcane, so she has just more stuff to master. It's a better +ice thrower for her I guess? Why not.

What I was hoping for was some +ice gear, but I really won't say no to another source of Proshellga for Crystal Tower and some relics to make Rinoa more useful in my ice mage team beyond just being a Chain battery. It's probably not worth pulling again, so I'm just going to accept this, unless you fair folk think there's a reason to dive back in.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

Another fart today with a dupe Rikku LMR.
...but my common draw today was Jecht's new Fire USB. Yay?

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

Would it be worth giving Quistis her full legend materia if she has her old Hastega/Fastcast Super Soul Break plus her Glint? She could be a one-stop buff suite.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

Today I was finally able to unlock Allegro con Moto on Elarra and I feel greatly empowered.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

My daily common draw luck suddenly exploded. Yesterday I got Iris' Ultra, and today I got Vincent's chain. Now I'm scrambling to find a good fire mage team.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

I got the fire mage starter pack, with Terra, Krile, and Vincent Ultras all at once. I free-pulled a Vincent chain just yesterday too so I think the game's trying to tell me something. I dunno...

(Tell me the truth, does Papalymo with his burst match up to any of these?)

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

My pulls were good but still somewhat disappointing. I got two Rinoa Earth braves, a Larsa Ultra, and a Maria Glint and dupe Penelo Burst in 100 Mythril. It's a sign that I shouldn't really try again, even though I feel like I need the chain. It's just better to wait for a future banner where it won't be surrounded by too many dupes.

But we got a lot of free Mythril from relatively easy dungeons here! Much more than I thought! That was fun, and we'll see how much I have when we arrive at the other banner I want to sample, the Dark/Holy one.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

Another Torment down today, this time Gerogero with my Full Rinoa and Squall fighting side by side. The team had no buffs and I almost had him down sub 30 seconds, but got a bad deal with dualcasts and Rinoa's quickcast thing probably. I might try again when I get a fully stacked Evrae.

Speaking of, I managed to unlock the Dark and Holy magicites, so I'm also lightly preparing for those while the getting's good with EXP considering the feast and all. I want Evrae first, so the focus is on building Shadow Dragon as a potential imperil tool, Phantom as a general buffer, and Mist Dragon as a holy dampener. I could try Hades first but part of the appeal of getting this far is just finally having this amazing Magicite that everyone has and I want it, I will find a way to kill Siren first and it will be good, just need to make preparations.

I could also fight Wrexsoul now too, probably, considering the skill that Terra now exhibits. Anyone order Valigarmandas and Chain Firajas backed up by a SLAM dancing moogle?

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

I was able to really cheese Seymour Omnis in the regular event thanks to RWs, but I wasn't so lucky in the Crystal Tower due to forced Wall. I got creative with bringing my best breaker, Setzer, but I also didn't want to use a top-tier healer because I'll need them later. Enter Yuna with her ever-so-ubiquitous Chaos Rod SSB for healing.

...I had to defend for several turns and set up both Yuna and Setzer with my "start with SB" materias to get my foot in the door but it ended up working. I don't feel good about it but a win's a win. None of these other bosses have Dispel nonsense so things should roll much smoother. I'm thinking of testing out my brand new fire mage team against Seeker, since the battle seems to dislike physical fighters, so that should be fun.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

stab posted:

Yeah i also kinda forgot i have elarras bsb with last stand so welp time to dive her and water her up

Edit: holy gently caress she can also double cast once fully dived

Jesus christ its the ultimate healer

She can also use her spare slot to do bardsongs or dances depending on your need. Please fill out her Allegro con Moto sphere all the way because she deserves only the best.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

KataraniSword posted:

SD3 didn't age nearly so well

:stare: