Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

Hogama posted:

The FFVI event is almost fully known. Just need some Legend Materia info for Gau and Umaro.
These continue the new banner format from the fest: fewer relics (almost no on-banner BSBs anymore), but higher off-banner chance for featured character relics. (So for instance there's a better chance at yanking one of Locke's bursts on banner 1 or Mog's USBs on banner 2 than, say, Vayne's OSB.)

Banner 1 has a bunch of elemental boost: Sabin AOSB: Fire+ Fist, Edgar AOSB: Fire+ Light Armor, Locke ASB: Fire+ Dagger, Sabin USB: RS Fire+ Fist, Edgar Glint Confuse+ Gun, Edgar LMR2: Fire+ Sword, Relm LMR2: Holy+ Bracer, Locke LMR: Fire+ Bracer
Umaro's USB is an Ice+ Hammer.

5* Thief: Slash & Burn" - 4 Fire physical attacks (0.85 each), 0.95 multiplier when equipping a dagger.
"Heat Bite

I want to point out that with this event Gau has finally stopped being a joke. To put it into perspective Gau USB is a straight copy of Orlandeau USB, only swapping Double Knight for Double Combat/Celerity.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Celerity can hit Wind and Lightning with Ripping Blast/Bolt & Quick Disaster.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

So I was doing a dollar draw last night and was clearly not paying attention as I was pushing the usual buttons and found myself accidentally buying $30 of gems. I didn't see this until I'd just hit the 100 gem draw button since I did it from the banner menu. I immediately sent support an email about it because gently caress man I didn't want to be a whale. They got back to me finally tonight and basically said tough luck idiot you spent some of it we're not doing a drat thing.

I'll take this as a lesson and unlink my card from google play since honestly I've just been doing 100 gem pulls mindlessly despite not playing this game a massive amount anymore and it was really just wasting money.

Since DeNA told me to gently caress off and I had a stash of gems I was stuck with I said gently caress it and did a whale pull on Banner 5 to end the fest in a weird mix of apathy and irritating.

Naturally it's the money draws that produce results.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Ninja tech is really potent even without a relic for a character with access, they are massively orb hungry but can very effectively hit three elements (water/earth/dark). If I recall rightly I think Shadow has the slight advantage over the other two on his dives because he gets a chunky bit of Ninja Damage both record and legend dive. Yuffie favors water in her dive and will potentially win in that particular element but I haven't done or seen the math over how the three compare when relic-less.

tl;dr: Yes Shadow/Edge/Yuffie in particular are dive worth for Ninja tech without owning any relics. Someone else may want to come in with some hard numbers on who of those three is the best option though.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Nephrite posted:

Yuffie has the notoriety of not taking dexterity motes (for reasons???) for her legend dive, either.

Because they classify Yuffie as a hybrid character for whatever reason. She even gets a splash of Black Magic access and can equip rods. Hope is also in this weird category which is even more baffling a decision than Yuffie.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

On a whim I decided to throw myself at a 3* magicite since I only have done Sealion and have otherwise not done anything with them at all.

Ended up with a 36s clear of Hydra. :toot:

Didn't get a screenshot because it was rear end-o-clock in the morning but my team was:

Cinque (USB + Hevay Charge/Gigant Swing)
Tifa (Glint/BSB1/AOSB, Gaia Rush/Meteor Rush)
Dorgann (BSB, Gaia Cross/Lifesiphon)
Onion Knight (pUSB, Wrath/Entrust)
Aerith (USB1, Shellga/Curaja) (Also with Doublecast White LMR)

Dorgann was definitely the weakest link but my collection of good physical earth peeps is a bit limited and he at least brought a stacking ATK buff and an Imperil so it worked out. Cinque poo poo out ridiculous amounts of damage and was MVP while Tifa brought the massive finishing volleyball spike with her EnEarth'd AOSB.

Now I'll have to see if I can do others with all the gear I have these days. :v:

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

DU Lucky: 2/11 Cloud Glint, Cloud BSB2

Well uh... sure I'll take that wind package of a draw I suppose. I also have his OSB so I guess he's my 2nd best Physical Wind character after Zidane.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

I said earlier than Cloud is probably my 2nd best physical wind character now with his BSB2/Glint/OSB but after looking at his ability access and the multipliers on his BSB2 commands it's uh... a bit dire looking. I know he gets Doublecast Combat as an LM2 and I do also happen to have an LMR for him as well (Chance to gain quickcast when using wind abilities) but does that all offset his lack of real wind options and a bad multiplier on his burst commands?

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Am I missing something here? I know we got a wind quadstrike but Cloud only has 4* Spellblade access.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Avalerion posted:

His regular dive unlocks 5* spellblade.

:doh:

From the sounds of it, it's worth diving him for the Spellblade upgrade but maybe not so much the full legend dive. Glint into Quadstrike spam into OSB is probably the way to go for what I have. I don't have his super cool LMR but a quickcast cycler will still probably be neat to have around on him.

Thanks for the input. I basically never pull for Cloud because he's overrated trash so having the game dump two of his relics in my lap is certainly something.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

A surfing dog?! posted:

I just wanted an excuse to post this since we're talking about FFTA stuff

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_L65VrvcVNM

God I forgot about that weird rear end commercial. I miss wacky 90's game commercials.

"Hello I'm Mewt. Feel free to call or I may become irritable." is like the most accurate plot description of the entire game though. :v:

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

KataraniSword posted:

Roxas is just A Holy Knight Dude, yeah. And like all Knight characters, if you have Orlandeau's USB, you'll be using him.

Axel is a pretty competent hybrid fire character like Vincent (or to a lesser extent Ignis), though he does have a few problems with only having access to his given element in Black Magic for magic (not a huge deal) and Sharpshooter for physical (actually a bigger deal now that Thief and Samurai are creeping into the fire DPS realm). With his Awakening you should be able to pump out really, really good numbers.

Also Axel will be able to cover Wind and Earth decently well with Meltdown. Especially once we get the change that expands how multielement skills work with materia so he'll be able to triple cast wind or earth meltdown with his fire double lm2 in awakening mode.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Yes it does. Ixion's dispel is attached to a physical attack and that's why people have been taking Edge SSB and/or Arc SSB to that fight since it first popped up.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

My method was to go through and lock all element boosting gear and then go realm by realm and sort out gear types. More common stuff like swords, daggers, staves, or rods I'd keep around 3 of the best of. Less common stuff like spears or axes I'd cut to 1 or 2. Armor i mostly kept other than really outdated stuff or heavy armor which i just never find useful.

Ended up freeing up about 50 slots but i was probably being more conservative than i needed to be.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

DeadButDelicious posted:

First 5* Magicite down! I might tinker with the setup and see if I can get Meliadoul in there to stack imperils with her USB and get a faster clear time.

Luck of the realms draws have been a real mixed bag since I got Fujin's AOSB - picked up a dupe Cid USB for VII, Cyan's EnFire LMR for VI and today I pulled a dupe chicken knife for Bartz.

I picked up the Type 0 MND daggers as a legendary and am considering going for a sword next, and either a mage staff or a gun (I've got a pretty decent mob of machinists and sharpshooters but a mage stick is a mage stick).

Speaking of the Type 0 dagger it's actually a really good pick from the realm artifacts and even those waiting for the elemental artifacts might consider it. White Mages never care about elemental bonuses unless you are using one of the offensive USBs. As such the artifact dagger becomes a huge shiv that will likely out value any other relic in raw MND even after realm synergy and since it's a dagger every single character can use it.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

In lieu of seeing some friends go in on artifacts just for pure character biases rather than logic I decided to spend a stone on my most stacked character at the moment.

I only have 14 magia points invested in his MAG and I'm already liking this stupidity. He's gonna go to town on the torment dungeon if nothing else.

I'm mostly just excited for when they reset the Full Throttle relic draw because the XIV set will include his AOSB + USB which are the last things I'm missing for him. The Spiciest Potato.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

FFRK: Are you Awake, Keeper?

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Bell_ posted:

An excellent reminder for me to see if there is a Tiny Bee artifact.

edit: Boooooo :(

Never fear, when we get the elemental artifact the +Holy Gun is the Tiny Bee.

It's an ATK gun with no other stats making it borderline useless outside of like Paine or Edgar using their 4* Knight access or Tyro.

...but it's the Tiny Bee.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

I realized I hadn't posted my parade list at all so I guess I will. It's been a pretty decent run!

Type-0: Seven LMR (Dupe)
Tictacs: Meliadoul LMR
XV: Noctis USB
XIV: Thancred LMR
XIII: Sazh USB
XII: Vayne BSB (Dupe)
XI: Shantotto AOSB
X: Yuna LMR
IX: Quina BSB2
VIII: Seifer BSB2
VII: Tifa BSB (Dupe)
VI: Edgar AOSB
V: ExDeath BUSB
IV: Rydia LMR
III: Ingus BSB (Dupe)
II: Maria AOSB

Highlights are Noctis USB (Despite the dubious nature of a non-elemental focus I do have him decently stacked with OSB, BSB, Glint, and LMR), Edgar AOSB (with his USB he'll be a really good fire/lightning damager), and Maria AOSB (I have her BSB, OSB, and Glint on hand already so she's definitely my best Earth Mage).