Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FairGame
Jul 24, 2001

Der Kommander

Yeah. I'm sub-30ing Kraken now with King/Sora/Lightning pumping out the DPS, but my first clear was just "everyone gives the ball to Orlandeau."

You have everything you need to recreate that:

1.)

bilperkins2 posted:

I'm having trouble with Kraken. I've sub-30'd Ixion and have a bunch of lv99 4* lightning magicite so I'm boosted as much as I'm gonna ever be and still can't crack it.

The only thing I can think of is Lightning+Garnet+Shelke+Onion+Healer but it didn't work for me.

Here's my lightning tech:

Obvious choice options:
Onion Knight, both USB's, OSB, BSB, full dive, LMR
Shelke fully dived

TG Cid USB, BSB, OSB, full dive

Healing options:
Aphmau USB

OK: pUSB and Mako Might. Equip with wrath/entrust
Shelke: wrath/entrust; battleforged
TGC: lifesiphon and...who cares; he's going to be using his OSB over and over. I guess give him thundering quad in the other slot for turns where he isn't fully charged.
Aphmau: curada and protect/shellga. whatever the other battleforged RM is called.
Iris: ultracure and protect/shellga. TGC RM.

OK uses his first 2 turns to drop USB and wall. Then he starts wrath/entrusting over to Orlandeau.
Iris and Aphmau should be able to keep eveyrone topped off after the initial AoE thanks to iris' additional cast speed.
Shelke: wrath/wrath-->entrust to Orlandeau
Orlandeau: lifesiphon until OSB is ready. Preferably line it up after Aphmau does her USB to group heal since you will instacast.

Primary magicite: whichever one punches holes in lit resistance.

That'll get you a reliable 35-40 second clear.

If you're so inclined, you could try swapping in Tyro for OK. Give him the insta-bar RM, carry fabula raider and have Iris cast it with her TGC RM. In this approach, you'll need to cast Orlandeau USB first to get the ATK+50 and 100% crit chance. It's possible this is faster, though it essentially wastes 1 soul break to get it up. On the other hand, you'll always do 99999 damage with the OSB since it'll always crit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FairGame
Jul 24, 2001

Der Kommander

Combo posted:

Took my first crack at 4* magicites and picked fire because I'm stacked on water damage.

Down in 37 seconds on first attempt, not too bad!

Tidus: USB/BSB2/LMR full LD
Edge: USB full LD
OK: pUSB entrust bot
Tyro: godwall entrust bot
Elarra: USB full LD

Now just to farm it a bit and figure out where I can shave time to get to 30 seconds. I might be able to swap OK for Ramza since I have his LMR/BSB2 combo.

Drop Tyro and use fabula guardian. Give protectga and shellga to Elarra, since she’s just gonna be USBing it up.

Add another DPS. Also dive Edge, but try the other stuff first.

FairGame
Jul 24, 2001

Der Kommander

Kheldarn posted:

Is there any reason, as an essentially new player, that I shouldn't pull on the new Chain banner?

You won’t need an ice chain as a new player for a while, and other than Squall BSB or USB (as a new player the BSB is better since it requires fewer resources, and it might still be better anyway) there’s nothing amazing on it.

Plus a better version comes back in a couple months when you could use it more readily.

FairGame
Jul 24, 2001

Der Kommander

Elephant Ambush posted:

So I'm building my first Siren team and need a little advice. Current theorycraft team:

Seifer - Dark Chain - Not sure what abilities I should use/craft/hone

OK - pUSB, Wrath, Entrust

Selphie - USB, Curada, Shellga

My best options for the other slots are Orlandeau, Cloud, and Shadow. I have Orlandeau USB and Cloud USB, but I'm not sure which is better. Cloud can break the damage cap with darkness abilities after USB entry and Orlandeau thirstycasts darkness abilities which require more hones. Orlandeau and Cloud are also both LD. For Shadow, I have his BSB, LMR, and I can easily LD him and maybe hone a dark ninja ability or two.

I feel like I should use Orlandeau or Cloud because it will probably result in more damage for less effort but I also don't know which darkness abilities are the best to hone. I really don't think I should be using the one that hurts me because it's magicite and they hit hard. I also don't want to use both Orlandeau AND Cloud because I don't have the orbs to hone enough abilities for both of them. Well, I might, but it would drain me pretty hard and I still haven't attempted Hades either. So I kind of want to use Shadow and either Orlandeau or Cloud.

Also, is it a good idea to double heal on Siren? If so, I assume I would drop Shadow? He would build the chain the fastest but I feel like he would also do the least damage.

You only need 1 healer for siren, especially if you're doing a phys clear and don't need to waste turns ultra curing silence away.

Cloud's gonna be useless(ish) for you since when he's not USBing he doesn't have a dark attack, unless you got his KH bsb. In which case he needs to be on your team. Orlandeau will do a shitload of damage with a cross skill of your choosing.

e: wait, can cloud use darkness now? I don't remember that being a thing...

FairGame
Jul 24, 2001

Der Kommander

FFVII banner 1 has stuff like:

Sephiroth USB (which seems to be as bullshit as Cloud)
Vincent fire chain

I think it has some other useful poo poo too.

FairGame
Jul 24, 2001

Der Kommander

MF_James posted:

fully dive shadow asap imo, shadow/edge/yuffie are amazing dives because they get double cast ninja abilities

I will disagree with this. Those three ninjas are great, but you likely don’t have the orbs to support all three elements of five star ninja. And there are enough ludicrous asskickers now that ninja magic doesn’t seem as unbalanced as it once did.

You should dive the characters for whom you have great relics, and whose dives offer doublecast. (Or you have a legend materia relic that does the same.) bonus points if it’s bartz or someone else who can rep multiple elements.

Meaning...what does your relic pool look like? 6* USBs and 5* LMRs only to make this less burdensome for you.

FairGame
Jul 24, 2001

Der Kommander

Fister Roboto posted:

-Literally everything that's non-elemental because NE is trash. Major exceptions are Full Break and Powerchain.
-Saint Cross because it only does two hits and doesn't even have a better multiplier to compensate.
-Machinist Offerings because they do so little damage and aren't even good at what they're supposed to do.
-De Dia and Mark of Darkness for the same reason as above, except they're even worse.
-Mug Time because anything relevant is immune to slow.
-Arise because revive is trash.
-Angelsong because regen is trash.
-Dwindling Spirit and Necrofear because they do poo poo damage for the majority of the doom timer.
-Raging Storm and Smoldering Fire because they only do two hits.

Raging Storm and Smoldering Fire ignore magic defense and require basically nothing to do 9999x2 damage, so you can stick them on Tyro if you need an extra bit of DPS in a fight. I would not have cleared Adamantoise without 2 r4 raging storms. Is it a good skill compared to chain tornado? Not really, but I didn’t have any wind magic relics where making another chain tornado would have been helpful.

DeDia and Mark of Darkness are similarly useful: they’re not there for damage, but rather to help OTHERS do more damage. As such, you can throw DeDia on your healer to generate gauge since there are a TON of fights where carrying a single target heal is pretty pointless. And Mark of Darkness does hybrid damage so you can stick it on your dude carrying the wrong flavor of chain, or even someone like Riku or Orlandeau who do so much goddamned damage that they’ll cap with it anyway, giving up one extra hit in exchange for making the rest of the party better able to do damage,

It’s rare (nonexistent, probably) that these skills are optimal. But this is a game where you rarely have optimal gear and have to work around your limitations. I’d much rather spend 1 mythril to expand my ability stash by 5 slots so I can keep these skills than spend 50 mythril chasing a relic that wouldn’t obsolete them in some circumstances.

(I know you know all of this; I’m trying to keep a newer player from making what I think is an unnuccesesary shatter.)

FairGame
Jul 24, 2001

Der Kommander

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

0 lucky draw gave me Rem's OSB. I already have 3 copies of her USB and have never found a good reason to use her, and this thing isn't even a good stat stick because it boosts mind. This game just does not want to give me anything for 0 except Rem and Ace stuff.

Holy magic is keyed off of mind so it’s a good stat stick. Also it’s a plus holy dagger, which is helpful considering that you have her USB which is top tier holy magic and thus exceedingly rare.

You are complaining about something many players would love to have.

FairGame
Jul 24, 2001

Der Kommander

Ayndin posted:

I think I've narrowed down my USB pick to Larsa USB for instant Astra or Agrias USB2 for making her an imperil monster. Pretty much anything else I had interest in is available for lenses and/or doesn't really fill any niches.

Outside of that eternal struggle - speaking of Hades, it's time I deal with him. I'm thinking my team will be:
Orlandeau (USB, LMR) with a pile of Assault Saber
Edward (CSB, imperil BSB) with Wrath and probably Affliction Break
DPS 2 with Divine Cross and Guardbringer
Tyro (USB3, LMR) with Wrath/Entrust
Elarra (USB1) with Curada and Holy
Magicites: Unicorn/Evrae/Evrae/Seraphim/Siren or something with spell/blade ward
RW: Fabula Raider

DPS 2 can be Roxas (USB, ASB), WoL (USB2, ASB, LMR1), Marche (USB, LMR), or Agrias if I pick her USB2 (I have her USB1 and OSB which are less relevant here). None of them are 5* dived, and WoL's dive is awful so I wouldn't entertain doing so, but I'd consider Roxas and would almost certainly dive Agrias if I pick her USB2. Marche is generally quite good, but with only two DPS in the front row and Elarra in the house I'm not sure he'll be a lot of value added.

Plan would be to get chain/godwall/raider up ASAP, probably have Tyro pass a wrath to Orlandeau to get the USB going faster, then charge up to fire off USB3 again after the dispel. Unicorn will be used following the p2 or 3 (depending on DPS) savage strike to eat hopefully the only cauldron we'll see in the fight.

Any thoughts from the evil pot man veterans?

Also, I haven't turned on the game all evening because the PoE league just dropped today so I missed that RoP started; I got Cinque LMR which is really nice (I have her dived with USB). I think I was already loaded for bear for Quetz, but useful stuff for a character I was bringing anyway is always appreciated.

Bring Marche and dive him if you can. He’s still your best option and you will probably want to use him in the FFT Torment . Agrias can’t doublecast without her LMR and you will cap without imperils anyway.

Edward should use the ATK song instead of affliction break, which doesn’t work well vs. Hades.

E: Orlandeau is so strong that he will cap after using his USB even without Edward chain, so the chain is really only boosting Marche. Given that, I wonder if Agrias AND Marche (no Edward) might be better. That’s a bigger resource sink for you, though—both motes and abilities. Would certainly help in a d??? Torment, but it’s worth thinking about if the first setup goes poorly or slowly.

FairGame fucked around with this message at 12:55 on Mar 9, 2019

FairGame
Jul 24, 2001

Der Kommander

The Zombie Guy posted:

I've already got stellar healing, since I dropped the $5 to get Elarra's insta-heal book.

It's just a bit intimidating looking at this list and not wanting to lock myself out of something useful down the line, when I can't readily tell what's great and what's just OK.

You also don’t have to pick something right now.

You might consider waiting until after fest to see what you end up with between RoP and then free pulls.

You WILL need an in realm buffer and healer (and Elarra can’t do either of those) if you ever want to do a d??? Torment. That’s something to keep in mind.

FairGame
Jul 24, 2001

Der Kommander

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

Haha ok this isn't that one then. That's, uh, something.

For magic teams it’s arguably better than Elarra USB.

It’s, uh...really good.

FairGame
Jul 24, 2001

Der Kommander

GENUINE CAT HERDER posted:

In spite of yesterday's trash LMR pull, I decided to pull on the AOSB pull today and definitely didn't regret it. 4 6* pulls for Vaan, Ashe, Pecil, and Luneth (dupe on his, though), which probably makes it the best pull I've had from the game yet in the <3 months I've been playing.

The problem I'm running up against now is that apparently more banners with some Really Good poo poo are coming up, but I'm starting to run thin with only 65 mythril left (60 after tomorrow's FF1 LotR draw) and don't really have any more sources except for a maybe 6-7 realm dungeons and whatever little is left in the Record Dungeons. Does anyone have a pretty solid idea on how to try and put that to the best use?

Edit: It seems like awakenings are the way to go (especially with how I've learned to abuse the poo poo out of Roxas' knight one). Will those probably end up being full 50 mythril pulls like most banners?

They’re OSBs, not AOSB, unfortunately, and the problem with pulling that banner is precisely what your second paragraph is about.

You’ll actually have 35, since today is a USB lucky and that’s absolutely worth it if you’re still early enough to be happy with OSBs. My advice:

The banner with Bartz, Terra, and Cloud coming this week is ludicrously good, especially if you aren’t yet at the point of doing 4* or higher magicites.

The banner with shitloads of chains is also ludicrously good, but with awakenings you don’t reslly need chains. They’re still extremely nice to have though.

There’s a core banner with very good stuff (outside of the Tyro USB4/Elarra USB2 combo, none of it is offensively ridiculous, but it’s all quite good) that gives you three pulls for the price of two—but you have to pull twice to trigger the free third. Depending on how long it sticks around, this might be your best bang for the buck. Fest will give like 80 mythril over the next week so it’s not impossible.

Basically, those should be your three targets, and you can only choose one of them. If you can post your elemental teams and your best healers/buffers, along with your magicite progress, I can give more precise advice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FairGame
Jul 24, 2001

Der Kommander

staplegun posted:

Is diving everyone just sort of expected for 5* magicites? I think that I have a good chance of being able to clear madeen but I haven't had a lot of success so far. I'm gun shy as hell when it comes to spending motes.

Here's what I'm working with:
OK (mUSB, LMR)
Golbez (Gen2 CSB)
Cid Raines (BSB)
CoD (USB, BSB)
Elarra (USB, LMR, LM2), full dive

and on the bench:
Seymour (Gen 1 CSB, imperil BSB)
Yuffie (Glint), full dive
Seifer (Gen 2 CSB)

You absolutely can clear Madeen with that setup. Do that a lot and have amazing decks for all the other 5s.

E: Seymour BSB in place of onion is your best bet. Absolutely dive onion, who will feature in most of your magic parties. And if you get his pUSB he's actually not half bad at moving the chain with celerity. He'll nearly instacast.

FairGame fucked around with this message at 20:18 on Mar 24, 2019