Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Benthalus
Jul 5, 2002

BGrifter posted:

Planned two pulls on banner 3. Rage pulled four times. Noctis AOSB and some crap.

RIP me. Down to 20ish mythril. :sigh: Someday I’ll get a drat Wind chain. I must have thrown 500+ mythril at it over time.

I have Luneth USB/OSB/BSB, Cloud USB1/USB2/BSB1/BSB2/LMR1, Zack USB/BSB/LMR1, Alphinaud BSB, Fujin BSB for wind.

I still don't have ANY chains. Not a single one. Certainly not a Wind chain.

My last 150 mythril is going toward Banner 4 since it has 2 chains and I really should get at least one of them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Benthalus
Jul 5, 2002

Wonderful pulls.

Still not a single chain yet. Ever.

Benthalus
Jul 5, 2002

5 pulls on festival banners, including three on Banner #4.

Still no chain.

Benthalus
Jul 5, 2002

Neutral Zone Trap posted:

We'll probably get some random holy pickup which should be better but who knows when we'll get it and if it's filled with Basch and Pecil garbo again.

This is offensive. May you be cursed with only Materia 5* and Overstrike 6* rainbow orbs on all your relic draws.

Benthalus
Jul 5, 2002

I think that’s 44 hundredths of a second to spare, yeah?

Benthalus
Jul 5, 2002

Fister Roboto posted:

And yes, that is a rod Gilgamesh has equipped. It has +fire, and with Hailstorm and his CSB and the magicite bonus he can still hit the soft cap.

Just out of curiosity, have you done the math or have any empirical evidence that using a rod with +fire is better than using the highest attack weapon even though it breaks the soft cap?

Benthalus
Jul 5, 2002

Fister Roboto posted:

I've done the math myself, but I'd just refer you to the damage calculator. It's a lot easier than figuring it all out in your head and it's usually pretty accurate!

Well that's useful, maybe I should have read the OP more closely when this new thread was started. Thanks!

Benthalus
Jul 5, 2002

PneumonicBook posted:

One pull got me Bartz USB2, Glint, and Krile LMR.

I was going for the earth chain but I'm certainly not complaining. Is Bartz's USB2 a straight upgrade from USB1?

Reddit says: USB1 is slightly better with no other considerations. USB1 is a lot better when a chain is involved. USB2 overtakes USB1 when sources of fast cast are available, and has it's oveflow hit at the end, which offers utility on 5* magicite. But they are very comparable it seems.

I went 1/11 for Bartz USB2 and already have USB1, is there any utility to building up enough SB gauge to drop both sequentially (maybe with an entruster), then just spellblade away?

Still no chain.

Benthalus
Jul 5, 2002

All the bitter vets here have fought various incarnations of Seymour so many times in this game that we've gone numb to him and sleepwalk through the fights because we have them all memorized.

Benthalus
Jul 5, 2002

I still have no chain.

I have 7 AOSBs, and no CSBs.

I have pulled at least once (50 mythril) on every banner with a chain on it for the past 4 months, and no chain.

But I can at least beat every 4* magicite and the first of the NuTorments, so I've decided to stop caring.

DeNA wasn't going to get any more money from me anyway since I stopped dollar pulling a couple years ago.

Benthalus
Jul 5, 2002

I'll do the daily draw, if only to have a minuscule chance of getting Cecil's first unique relic, the shield with the SB of Draw Fire. Just for SB completion for my favorite character.

I did get Hope's first SB relic today, so hooray RNG!

Benthalus
Jul 5, 2002

IllegallySober posted:

FFT: Mustadio SSB :eng99:

Wrathable pentabreak on a ranged character with some elemental access is nothing to scoff at.

Benthalus
Jul 5, 2002

No more complaining about chains for me!

3/11: Rinoa ASB, Laguna CSB x 2

That's a nice addition to my near-complete Squall inventory of ice things, and my FFVIII crew is now an elemental team by itself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Benthalus
Jul 5, 2002

Thundercracker posted:

This new Ignis bsb meta is legit. Shaved a full 10 secs off of my Tiamat run. Also finally a reason to full dive Morrow now.

drat, and here I thought having his USB was the gem. Maybe I need to go rebuild some teams around the BSB instead. Glad I've already dived Ignis.