Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

after you glue 3 of an item together you can apply a special glue to the twice glued item to get one more item’s worth of gluing out of it. this takes approximately one million gajillion times the amount of money to do than the initial two gluings.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

on an unrelated note does anyone have a link to the list of answers for the current trivia game? i’m sitting out in the sun on my porch and it seems as good a time to knock those out as any but i literally know nothing about final fantasy games except that i think one has a guy called greg

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

yay orran

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

so the old torments are going away today, what are their replacements going to be like? is their purpose still going to be for getting job and 5* motes?

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

it all works out for me because in the 2 years it's going to take me to start bothering with magicites i'm sure that the arcane ultra overstrike super glint chain soul breaks they'll have introduced by then will let me power through them no problem

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Philouza posted:

Here's what I'm throwing at the FFT Torment

I scored the TGC kit during the fest so that's obviously fantastic
I did a full LD on Delita after getting his BSB and USB cause I thought it would be a good idea for magicite. It wasn't, but it might work well here. Has +Lightning boost on realm sword and armor, which is nice
The bad news is I don't have a healer burst here but I have Alma's USB, which is perfectly fine to get the fight started. The astra blocks the first Slow; can't imagine reraise doing a lot here.
I've got a few options with Ramza. I could use his BSB2 with CMD1, just straight support/entrust or wrathing up his USB for instant casts
I went with Gaffgarion with his USB because his chase is a drain and healing is gonna be a problem, the en-dark with help a lot and I put him in the 5th slot since he gets doomed immediately and that pairs well with Reaping Scythe.

I had 2 poison resist accessories and bought a third from the Gyshal Shop so it looks like I missed/trashed one along the way

a heads up that just to see what all the fuss about i gave the first floor of the new torment a shot, with roughly the same party composition/equipment and made it through under 30 seconds but feel like i probably wouldn't be able to do the second floor. the lack of an actual group heal on alma's usb meant the constant group magic attacks were just outpacing what i could put out with single curadas, and i assume that gets worse on the next difficulty and up. i'm not going to bother trying though because i'm lazy, maybe you'll blow it away!

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

ah i didn't read the part about how gafgarrion has a self heal either, i didn't have that with me.

edit: also i don't have magicites so that's probably important too

Cowcaster fucked around with this message at 16:44 on Jul 12, 2018

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

i've got shadow's usb so all my darkness comes from ancestral reflection and shadow embodied

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

are any of the ultras on this tactics banner worth tossing 50 in the hole for? i don't have ramza's second burst so it's tempting, but i have the three old bursts on the banner (agrias, ovelia, montblanc) and the agrias materia, so there's lots of chance for dupes. not to mention the fact that since tactics was the headliner on about 80% of the lucky banners over the last year means i've got more equipment for it than any other realm probably. whether or not the ultras are good might tip me one way or another.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Cowcaster posted:

are any of the ultras on this tactics banner worth tossing 50 in the hole for? i don't have ramza's second burst so it's tempting, but i have the three old bursts on the banner (agrias, ovelia, montblanc) and the agrias materia, so there's lots of chance for dupes. not to mention the fact that since tactics was the headliner on about 80% of the lucky banners over the last year means i've got more equipment for it than any other realm probably. whether or not the ultras are good might tip me one way or another.

i assume from the lack of response that’s pretty much a no?

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Avalerion posted:

Afaik, Marche usb is great, the other stuff on these is only really good for the new torment, but to get anywhere with that you better already have Cid usb too.

yeah, i’ve got marche’s full suite already too. guess i’ll be prudent and Never Pull

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

spent the afternoon getting the 125 elite dungeons i have left down to 96 dungeons left thanks to the half stamina and boy is my phone tired

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

i will say the rest of this discussion notwithstanding i’m looking forward to orran in january or whenever because he’s the last wishlist guy i’ve got so once he’s in i can throw my phone into a landfill

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

who

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

if i remember correctly you can break the curada fight over your knee with the ninja magics that ignore resistances and it should be an easy mastery. i think the only one i didn't bother with mastering was the meltdown fight because it's a random chance whether or not the circumstances for mastery will come up as you're pounding him into the dirt with black magic.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

i don't understand the first part of your post and will not respond to it

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

eiko has basically never left my group as my healer despite the fact i've gotten many other healing ultra soul breaks since her very early one just because the combination of instant + haste + last stand is just that good

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

huh my phone just sent me a push notification saying my stamina was restored, is that new? or did i get an update that switched it on?

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

so i was up to 180 mythril and i did really want ramza’s super shout so against my better judgement i threw 50 at the 1st banner before it went away.

4/11: ramza’s new usb (have his full suite except that second burst), agrias’ new usb (have HER full suite already too), ovelia’s new burst (have all her stuff i think), and a dupe agrias burst.

somehow i managed to pluck two new usb’s off the banner in a single pull. always pull.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

i pull on fft a lot because of personal druthers, elucidate for me why this draw is so good

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

the next viii draw I think

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

i know that there's a couple of very specific supers that still have relevancy today but haven't about 95% of them been power crept into oblivion? i won't be sad to see them go

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

i remember alphinaud's deployment tactics being good for having bosses beat themselves to death but even that has been supplanted by other sources i think

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

MarquiseMindfang posted:

i just want more buff SBs because i'm incredibly limited right now and it in turn limits my team choices

Garnet BSB2 is my only dual ATK/MAG buff, at all

imo if SSBs aren't going to be on banners anymore due to being outclassed let people buy them directly for mythril/gems or start giving them out as event/raid rewards/drops so they can waifu chase or just get those +10 stats

it just sort of sucks to think whole chunks of the game's animations will just be forever inaccessible

except, there's all sorts of BSBs and USBs that buff these days, which are what you should be aiming for. adding ssb's back into the pool for that reason is just making you get shittier versions of what's the status quo at this point

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

i see it as basically an improved version of her very dated burst and i’m fine with that

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

aw beans, that's a disappointment on orran's kit. i was hoping for a mage as good as orlandeau is a bruiser. has it dropped what his usable skills are yet?

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

the deal with the 280 torments is they're supposed to be easier than the first level of magicites, right? or are they supposed to be harder

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

the difficulty rating of stuff is a vague and inconsistent thing, but generally it’s around 120 or so where you can’t just use a RW twice to instagib the boss

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

iPodschun posted:

Here's an old 15s Shadow Dragon kill I recorded
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Npb7ZixryP4

I have that down to 12.51s by skipping a healer, but haven't recorded that run

i don’t understand entirely what’s going on, how did you manage to give orlandeau an instant cast on his usb?

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

iPodschun posted:

Orlandu's LM2 is haste + instant cast 3

well that explains it, i thought i had orlandeau legend dived but i did not

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

yeah unless you're going through and literally record diving every single character i can't imagine a situation where 3* motes are the bottleneck. you can technically farm 4* motes where 3* motes you can't, but even if you're dumping all your stamina into that just getting as far as you can into the weekly events will poo poo so many 3*'s into your lap as to outpace it.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

i think there’s just a fundamental difference in values going on here because personally i can’t imagine a world where i think attempting to 3* dive every single character available in this game is a worthwhile endeavor

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

even if i had an infinite amount of 3* motes the time and effort it would take me to go through and individually 3* each character one by one for such an insignificant benefit would drive me to kill again

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

just saw the notification that the jumpstart dungeons are going away next week, which is just enough time for me to forget about doing them before next week

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

it's not going to be as helpful as pointing out the easiest ones but i think someone earlier mentioned the hardest ones are: red soul in ff2, the three sisters in ff4, and the ff15 one. as someone who's more or less stacked to the nines and did the former two just today i'm pretty sure it's accurate

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

No. 1 Apartheid Fan posted:

Red Soul is hard even if you have the kit that's supposed to make it easy (Maria's good poo poo, basically). It still feels really overtuned for a lot of reasons, including that for most people FF2 is one of their worst realms because it's an unpopular game, it's largely excluded from luckies and event banners, and most of the characters from it are really mediocre outside of FF2 synergy dungeons.

even when i obsessively geared everything to take every advantage i could (and actually did manage to vaporize the ogre mages fairly quickly) my earth mages were hitting red soul like a wet noodle. admittedly my earth magic damage options aren't exactly top of the line but it was insane how little damage he was taking from what was ostensibly his weakness and how much of it he had to suck down before he died

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

is there a better use these days for job motes that unlock crummy skills than repeatedly buying the skills and smashing them for crystals? i was checking on my 5* mote amounts from smashing out a lot of these jump starts and noticed i have a decent amount of them collecting cobwebs

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

i will say a couple of jumpstarts i had been avoiding based on mode switching chicanery (barbariccia and chardonook stick out, maybe a rubicante one?) turned out incredibly easy for what i was expecting. i ate barbariccia before she even went into tornado form (thus missing out on the medals but still got mastery so whatever), and one holy attack to bop the goddess to a demon and one fire attack to bop the demon so orlandeau could hit him and he got munched without a fight

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

No. 1 Apartheid Fan posted:

You know another awesome thing about Bartz that just dawned on me for the first time when I was doing Water Stuff with Tidus's chain: stuff like his USB make him crazy good at exploiting chains.

I realize I'm probably the last person in the world to notice, but hey. Bartz is such a good boy and the dive I least regret.

i also noticed this for the first time cleaning up jumpstarts this past weekend, great minds think a like

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

also, shadow's usb chase will trigger off any ninja cast not just darkness ones, so you can use the water ninja skills to also go along with tidus