Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Cowcaster posted:

when's the next time ramza's holy chain shows up again? i threw 50 at the banner for a shot at it since the only new style chain i have is rikku's water one and ended up 1/11 ramza's legend materia (not a dupe, but still). i'm debating throwing another roll at it but i literally only have 50 mythril left to my name and since i've blitzed out all the realm dungeons i no longer have a massive supply to mine for more.

any thoughts one way or another on this one?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

well one pull on the kingdom hearts banner got me yuffies’ earth usb and nothing else, and then my free daily gave me rinoa’s brave mode usb. so that’s weird.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Elephant Ambush posted:

Same. All dupes, no +element.

of the same osb

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

from the 80 draw:
vanille usb2 (dupe)
maria usb
kuja osb
paplymo osb
rikku legend materia
relm legend materia
sazh legend materia
porom ultra (dupe)
noctis osb (dupe)
cloud legend materia
hope legend materia
raines legend materia
iris legend matera

it could've gone a lot worse i guess but i'm pretty chagrinned that of the 6 six stars i got there was a single one that wasn't an osb or a duplicate. thanks game

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

AstraSage posted:

Thankfully, that single non-dupe is the humongous Earth Magic Tool known as Maria's Ultra.

yeah it looks like orlandeau's usb but for earth magic so that's pretty swank. i don't know how much use it'll get considering my skeleton key team is a physical one and all the other earth stuff i have is physical too (bartz, yuffie)

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

rikku's csb is better than tidus' because it's the new style as opposed to the old one. you should endeavor to bring them both along to any water encounter you can.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

is anyone else getting a strange feeling of deja vu

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

what’s the cutoff on the ultra picks anyhow, i wouldn’t spend 5 dollars on the privilege but i did scroll through the list to see if wind god gau’s thing was on there and it wasn’t

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

there was that guy who flamed out pretty hard a little while back and i feel for them about being lazy because i'm the laziest person in this thread so i guarantee even if you take a years worth of time off you won't fall behind me so feel good about the stuff you draw

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

i don’t think they just out of the blue threw out two free 40 draws, no

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

managed to brute force my way through the crystal tower during some unexpected downtime this morning since there's really only 3 bosses instead of 4 and it really is a shock to have to create parties that don't have characters starting off with multiple instant casts

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

i would wait and dive the ninja you get the first good soul break for instead of diving all willy nilly. 5* motes are a big bottleneck if you're only just doing the 4* mote dungeons now

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

apologies for continuing the derail but the other thing i remember is hitler's gay secret adamantly only wanted to use the characters he liked to complete all content regardless of basic party composition or what soul breaks he had

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

i feel kind of bad because as the laziest most stubborn person in this thread until he came along i can 100% entirely sympathize with the mindset of not wanting to put up with learning all this stupid bullshit in order to make progress in a stupid phone game i play on the bus for half an hour each day and want to just brute force stuff. it's just that it seems like a case of complete genre mismatch of tastes here. it's like hitler's gay secret is playing doom and getting frustrated and annoyed that it's not more like tetris.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

No. 1 Apartheid Fan posted:

Okay all of that is fine but did we ever learn what Hitler's Gay Secret is

As one of the very dumb lazy posters itt who's not caught up on content and frequently skips or misses stuff, I sympathize with disappointment about how this game actually plays out VS its concept, with tooth-gnashing frustration about how unfair some of the endgame is, and with the experience of having your favorite characters' gear either elude you, not show up on banners, or just not be worth having at all.

I don't really care bc the game isn't competitive and most of the challenge content isn't time-limited, so like... it doesn't make a difference. I'll finish 4* magicites whenever I get around to it. I'm not losing anything in the meantime other than running out of other stuff to do, but thankfully I have other games to play even on my phone and a million things to do irl also. FFRK is a thing I can dink around with or get serious about from time to time, and then ignore when I hit walls or get bored.

big same. i haven't even done 3* magicites but i've made peace with the fact that i don't really want to bother with them in the first place. i knock out the event dungeons that happen to be active and the realm dungeons and collect my mythril and pull on big meta cracking banners and that's good enough for me from a phone game.

Cowcaster fucked around with this message at 17:38 on Mar 1, 2019

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

posting in this thread isn't walking away

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

i'm not burning mythril on the realm pulls because the odds are low and i've only got 150 stacked up but apropos of nothing i got delita's ultra soul break out of the free draw today so that was a pleasant surprise

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

MarcusSA posted:

I mean we are getting what 3 mith a day for free? I dunno I feel like it’s worth it but it depends on what you have in your box already.

i consistently just shoot for meta crackers so i've got a decent stockpile of those, but it does mean actual targeted elemental parties or parties from specific games are outside of my wheelhouse. so actually pulling on the realms might help fix that, but meanwhile i consistently shoot for meta crackers and awakenings are right around the corner, so.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Panic! at Nabisco posted:

I'm confused. What meta is there even to crack outside of magicite and torments? Event 260s?

i guess that was kind of a weird way of putting it, it’s less “i need to break apart the difficulty that exists” and just shooting for “the most powerful items” and so the latest iteration is around the corner

it’s just the nature of the mobile game market and power creep in general that “the most powerful” coincides with “telling the current game balance to get bent”

Cowcaster fucked around with this message at 02:45 on Mar 16, 2019

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

i feel like there's a three way split of confusion between people talking about the parade draws, some people who didn't know that the parade draws go away after you pull on them, and people talking about the upcoming awakening banner draws

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

so i get that the terra/butts banner is the one to shoot for but i've got about 4 draws total. if i put two on that, where am i going to get the most bang for my buck with the other two?

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

dang i just read up on the new stuff and i'm both elated i can clean out my 500+ stash of 5* items i've been hoarding for no other reason than "they're 5* items what if i need the synergy!" and dreading having to comb through 500+ stash of 5* items so i don't trash something important

plus now there's an infinite progression mechanic for level 99 crew i just use to stomp everything, hooray for laziness being catered to

is there any tangible benefit to not just grabbing all the daggers out of the artifact vault first, since they're the most commonly equippable items?

Cowcaster fucked around with this message at 14:33 on Mar 20, 2019

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

to be fair i didn't even realize you could mulch stuff under 5*

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

what are the ramifications of the auto rainbow, it's not going to turn 5*'s into confetti of its own volition is it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

i’ve never thrown away anything 5* regardless of what it is so if i ever buckle down and start throwing it all into the woodchipper i’ll probably come out pretty well off