Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
hello ffrk friends

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

With two new chains this fest im only missing chains for earth, holy, and dark 🤔

Though not sure how to slot greg into an isegbend team since he's got no fire ranged and ive no other tech for him other than his csb and bsb1 🤔🤔

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

With a legend dived cloud with LMR does that give his bsb2 burst commands a chance to triple cast?

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

Avalerion posted:

Yes though if you do the math the results aren't as impressive as his other options.

Ive got his usb1 too

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

This was the banner I was the least interested in (aside from 4 which I skipped) and only pulled cuz i didn't have too many dupes but...

...holy poo poo :aaaaa:

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

Struggling to stay interested in this game

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

I got the second tier torment down to 56% hmmm...

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

Well, I had very little to do at work yesterday so I managed to clear a bunch of content, which always makes me feel better about this game. Something about all the gimmick fights that come along with a fest that really drags this game down and makes it feel like a chore

I kinda like the nutorments, it's kinda refreshing to return to realm focus after nothing but elemental stuff for ages, even though I've only cleared 2 of the 4* magicites so far

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

the dainsleif crystal tower fight just shits out damage and i cant cope lol :(

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

MarquiseMindfang posted:

gestahl is a dog man

(no, i know, but i did think that as an idiot child)

We all thought this

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

Fister Roboto posted:

I'm ready for more torment!

FF5 is a pretty weak realm for me, so I doubt I'll get much headway into DWhale. I do still have some decent if dated stuff. Galuf's SSB (enfire, party crit=50% and hi regen) is good, Sheepsong on Krile, and of course Greg's CSB. The only worthwhile SB I have for Butz is his OSB, but I gave him a dive anyway.

And yes, that is a rod Gilgamesh has equipped. It has +fire, and with Hailstorm and his CSB and the magicite bonus he can still hit the soft cap.

I thought element chains were useless in the new torments cuz of the realm chain??

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

100g: Galuf BSB
5/11: Lenna USB, Bartz GSB (x3), Galuf LMR
1/11: Galuf CSB!!!

Nice, drat nice. Would have liked one of the Bartz 6*s but having gotten the other two in two pulls can't really complain (already have Bartz USB1 anyway).

Have chains for every element but holy and dark now :getin:

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

Finally figured out how to fit Greg chain into an Isgebind team, my other magicite teams usually feature dual entrust bots feeding Aphmau but went double healer for this one

Refia: BSB
Bartz: USB1
Greg: CSB
Aphmau: USB
Arc: SSB (pblink)

Magicites: Unicorn; Maliris, King Bomb, Mom Bomb, Salamander

This is usually a 35-45s clear depending on Bartz double cast rng. Tried swapping king bomb for unicorn as my main magicite and got a 31s clear but survivability is real dicey and the whole run is rng dependant on the wrong character getting hit with paralyse at the wrong time.

Wish I had a USB or something for Refia or that her legend dive wasn't so meh, or even a +fire weapon for Greg, but its fun to farm magicites again. Isgebind had been a brick wall for me for some time

fridge corn fucked around with this message at 08:28 on Aug 5, 2018

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

Fister Roboto posted:

Try using Mom Bomb instead of King Bomb for your main magicite. King Bomb only gives you +10% fire damage for 15s, while a layer of imperil takes you from 150% to 170% (or +13.3% damage) for 25s. That could easily push you under 30s.

🤔

😁

You were right!

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

tempted to pull on this second XII banner if only cuz one of the medica USBs or reks USB would go a long way to making my threadbare XII team torment feasible 🤔

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

how far off is that next XII banner?

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

Hmmm so it's actually banner 1 I want to pull on for Basch USB? I'm at 380 mythril atm I could probably afford a cheeky pull 🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

is it actually worth pulling on this lucky draw?

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

Hmmm, something to think about. in other news since I've finished farming Isgebind looking to put together a taimat team. Is taimat mostly physical or magic? What resist accessories? Heard last stand is really good for this fight but I don't have any instant cast source of it so I was gonna double up on healers again and so something like this :

Squall: BSB2, enIce LMR, LD
Snow: CSB, BSB
Ramza/OK: Shout, LMR/ pUSB (no LMR :() - entrust bot
Aphmau: USB
Lenna: USB

but dunno if there's enough dps in this team, also fairly soul gauge heavy. Looking for at least a ~35s clear or less, any more than that and its too unpredictable/waste of time. Laguna CSB would solve all my problems, whens the next chance at that?

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

Avalerion posted:

Mixed offense, it mainly spams an aoe wind magic move & and an aoe physical fire move - you'll want wind resist on accessories & some dampen fire on your magicide. Tiamat will also randomly debuff one of your characters, if Squall gets hit with the first atk debuff might as well just restart. Same if it silences your healer - yea it can randomly decide to do that, too. :argh:

What eventually worked for me was running two entrusters instead of two healers - might give a light entrust to Snow to get his chain going, after that you'll be double entrusting your healer to just spam their medica each turn. Squall would ideally start with snowspell strikes until he can bsb and should be self sufficient.

good stuff thanks

Fister Roboto posted:

Check my post history for the advice I gave a few days ago. You've got Aphmau USB, Squall BSB, and an ice chain so you can easily sub 30. Also don't bring Shout or any other buff that's just +ATK because Absorb Strength will overwrite it.

Yeah, just had the thought of bringing Tyro (with wall and LMR) as my entruster and RWing Fabula raider instead of the wall

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

did a what the hell why not pull on the lucky draw

no dupes

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

how good on a scale of 1 to Bartz is clouds USB2?

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

I would consider spending 500 gems on a banner like this except there's actually nothing from the bsb selection that I want. What I really need from a curated selection like this is some physical +ice weapons, of which there are none :(

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

Tiamat was starting to piss me off so I did this guy instead

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

Yeah I never did the multiplayer raids until I realised I could solo them

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

I got a 2* :(

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

3* in the daily draw yesterday, 4* today....maybe tomorrow???

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

RoP can't come soon enough, cant wait t o start pulling!!!

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

Still haven't got anything higher than a 4* on the daily draw yet lol

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

iPodschun posted:

Kain's LM2 does have one particular use which doesn't apply to this situation: If you have his chain, the 22 hits on entry count as jump attacks which gives him +44% ATK on top of the field +20% damage and +22% damage from the chain count. Makes him usable if the rest of the team is mage-focused.

Ive got kains chain and fully dived and can confirm it is good

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

I haven't bothered even attempting any of the new torments bar the first two

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

Prav posted:

yeah same, gently caress that poo poo

which also means i'm finding it harder and harder to care to actually start up the game lately

Well, I'm still working through the 4* magicites so there's that for me at least.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

the other thing about the new torments is they don't go away so there's no urgency. The rewards are good, but as it is im already sitting on massive stacks of 5* motes and don't have any immediate need to dive anyone atm

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

Elephant Ambush posted:

I am ready for

:rock: Pulls On Parade :rock:

:same:

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

Realms on Parade!!!!

0: Deuce SSB

Off to a flying start lol 😁 😁

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

MarquiseMindfang posted:

5* and 6* daily draws since rates were increased:

0/11

same

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

is Tifa legend dive worth it? Have her USB. Putting together an ixion team atm

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

Managed it first time without diving Tifa. Still might dive her anyway for a more reliable clear. Are we getting a better earth monk skill then meteor crush anytime soon or am I better off making a second copy of gaia rush for now?

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

Hogama posted:

Right now, if you can get the rubies from the Torments (the lower levels, at least), you can buy Ironfist Earth; it's a 5-hit Monk skill that ramps up the damage over uses of the ability (starting at 0.80x potency per hit and ending up at 0.94x potency per hit). Further on (like... 3-5 months?) there'll be an Earth clone of Fires Within.

Hmmm, don't think I need any of that. Didn't change the team at all, just got more familiar with the fight (and decent rng for Bartz double/triple casts) 😁

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

Realms on Parade!!!!

0: Deuce SSB

T: Orlandeau USB (dupe)

Oh well at least I have an 8* holy sword now