Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ziddar
Jul 24, 2003

Time Travel: Not Even Once

okay maybe a few times

Not pulling on this banner, as six dupes is too risky for my blood. However, I decided to take a stab at my first 4* magicite after clearing all of the 3* a couple weeks ago. I have solid characters, but no water chain or imperils. I surely didn't expect to do well on attempt #1.

Kind of ugly, but it was good enough for a mastered win. I'll take it. :toot:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ziddar
Jul 24, 2003

okay maybe a few times

NinjaDebugger posted:

Pretty much this. FFTA's plot was like a bizarro world Neverending Story where Bastian decides from the outset that it's better if Fantastica doesn't exist and sets out to deliberately destroy it. Marche was the best final fantasy villain.

The most charitable thing I can say about Marche's motivations is that the Ivalice he and his friends got sent to is an illusion made by some weird demon witch thing, for some reason. Mewt's alcoholic dad also got sucked in, too. Luso was sent to the literal world of Ivalice in the past, not long after the events of FFXII. It seemed the only way to even go home at all was to fill the grimoire he had, so going HELL YEAH HERO TIME was double awesome.

I liked FFTA2 better since the law system was more charitable and the heavy focus on side-quests and little heres and theres was nice. The Bonga Bugle missions were fun if you read the editor's articles about the mission afterword.

The Bonga Bugle: Silversun Edition posted:

This month in the Bugle:
Hunting The Haunts!
A fierce battle to the undeath ensues between our heroic Head Editor and the forces of ghostliness. We've got the scoop here!

Other headlines:

I ain't afeared of no poltergeists! Now taking orders for "Auntie's Anti-Haunt Charms"
Debate: Is our Head Editor afraid of ghosts!?
Special column: Our head editor weighs in: "Me and Auntie—The meaning of afterlife"

A word from our Editor:
My auntie's an awfully gentle soul. When I was but a boy, I'd come home crying, and she'd sing me a song, or give me a treat, and I'd feel all right. I'll never forget your kindness, auntie!
Just stop haunting me!

—Head Editor, Bonga Bugle

It's very silly. :v:

Ziddar
Jul 24, 2003

okay maybe a few times

MarquiseMindfang posted:

Finally beat the odds on the daily draw.

With a 1*.

What the gently caress is wrong with my luck.

I haven't gotten a single 5* since the change, but have pulled three 1*s. If it wasn't pointed out, I wouldn't have noticed a change at all. :shrug:

Ziddar
Jul 24, 2003

okay maybe a few times

Never Pull :cripes:

Ziddar fucked around with this message at 04:35 on Sep 19, 2018

Ziddar
Jul 24, 2003

okay maybe a few times

I've already dived Celes so I figured getting more for her couldn't hurt.

:stare: Well that sure is a pull!

I think she's one of my most decked-out character now. I've got her LMR on top of all that.

Ziddar fucked around with this message at 17:22 on Sep 29, 2018

Ziddar
Jul 24, 2003

okay maybe a few times

NGDBSS posted:

How so? I thought it was pretty easy to control him with an AoE every other turn plus Exdeath or Celes to absorb the status effects. In contrast Xande seemed the tricky one with his ability to chuck doublecast piercing AoEs. (Though perhaps I am spoiled by Entrust bots and not needing to use support/dance debuffs on most other high-level encounters.)

When I beat Norg, literally nothing but the actual Attack command would reset the orbs :psyduck:. Summons, black magic, spellblades, combats, nothing. I still beat him, but did my fight bug out or something?

Ziddar
Jul 24, 2003

okay maybe a few times

Well I sure feel dumb. Nothing like doing things the hard way for no reason. :doh:

Ziddar
Jul 24, 2003

okay maybe a few times

Bruceski posted:

Is Anima in the CT a nightmare of damage output, or am I missing a gimmick? I think in the morning I'll try a healer, a debuff/support healer (dived Penelo), and leaving one arm up. They don't stay down for any time at all and the counters may be better than the alternative.

I am at my wit's end with this boss. As you've said, taking down both arms and then focusing on the body seems like a fool's game. The arms regenerate before I can get more than 1-2 attacks off. I tried leaving one alive, but having every single attack countered plus random attacks PLUS the magic AoE is just too much. I had an easier time with Midgardsomr and Kraken than this.

I've cleared the last four Crystal Towers without much trouble so this is disheartening. :(

Ziddar
Jul 24, 2003

okay maybe a few times

Bruceski posted:

At least it's good to know I'm not alone. I was trying my water team swapping Penelo in for OK, but Yuffie's not very useful without blinks and I could use an attack up. I think my next attempt will be swapping OK back in for Yuffie as a wrath/entruster, which will cut down on the number of counters. It's a shame the damage is all focused on doublecast/chasers, he counters each one.

Definitely an example of the proper CT strategy of "solve the top boss, then work your way down with whoever's left". Particularly since there's nobody in this one with odd elemental resistances or anything it would be a nightmare to try and do Anima with a smaller toolkit.

Right after I posted this, I gave it another go with a second healer and won. I'm convinced that complaining to the internet is the best way to beat anything. :v:

Ziddar
Jul 24, 2003

okay maybe a few times

Rest of the tower went down quickly. Celes made Carbunkle a joke and the others just got torn down. Another CT in the bag.

Ziddar fucked around with this message at 22:01 on Dec 31, 2018

Ziddar
Jul 24, 2003

okay maybe a few times

Happy Dupe Year. :negative:

Ziddar
Jul 24, 2003

okay maybe a few times

Electric Phantasm posted:

So what's the ideal way to do this? Or would it be easier to suck it up and let someone die?

If doing this for the first time it's probably easier to pick your sacrifice and bop them on the head before the 10s point. Shadow Dragon always picks the party member with the lowest % of HP remaining. Your buffing support is a popular option as they've probably done their primary job already.

Ziddar
Jul 24, 2003

okay maybe a few times

Day 25 of no 5* from the daily draw. Have gotten about five 1*s in that time frame, though! :shepface:

Ziddar
Jul 24, 2003

okay maybe a few times

Kheldarn posted:

I don't regret my decision. :colbert:

I sure regret mine. I did one pull, hoped to get something worth a drat. Instead I got Riku AOSB, LMR, and Glint. The former two I had from the first event :negative:.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ziddar
Jul 24, 2003

okay maybe a few times

Alxprit posted:

I had a sad pull today, I got the Mage Onion Ultra after I had paid $5 for it on the Wonderous Draw not too long ago.

Today's RoP blessed me with Onion's mUSB as well. I almost picked it for that $5 pick as well, but got Elarra's USB instead.