Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sherry Bahm
Jul 30, 2003

filled with dolphins

suuma posted:

I'm still clearing Nightmare dungeons :suicide:

I'm almost a third through... I think?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sherry Bahm
Jul 30, 2003

filled with dolphins

Hitlers Gay Secret posted:

I have been playing this game on and off since 2015 and would like to stop sitting at this content wall that I have for the last two-three years? :shrug: I have every available character and am running out of desire to replay the same events over and over, especially when I can't participate in the event battles that actually earn you neat stuff like 5* job motes.

The sunk-cost fallacy has me neck deep in this poo poo. I just wanted to play a Final Fantasy game that let me play as my favorite characters that everyone loves to shun like Zack, Beatrix, and Laguna.

It really does bottleneck you at the Nightmare Dungeon --> Magicite point. I stopped playing halfway through the Nightmare Dungeons because they just felt like a huge slog. It's pretty obvious to me these were intended to be done as they were released initially. Coming up to them now it just looks like a chore.

I keep telling myself that I'll get around to it eventually, as I'm pretty sure I could finish them if I put some actual effort into it. But mostly I just log in for rewards, do a mission or two to nab musical scores and/or costumes and not much else these days.

Sherry Bahm
Jul 30, 2003

filled with dolphins
I'll admit, I got more bored than anything else. I have literal hundred of weapons I've been accumulating ever since the game came out that I need to sift through and unlock the abilities of. The game is just such a poorly programmed laggy mess anywhere except during the actual battles that simply going down the list of items to see what I've got and who I should level makes me want to shoot myself. And activating the forced GPU does very little to improve it, with the added caveat of making my phone begin to boil.

Sherry Bahm
Jul 30, 2003

filled with dolphins
The Gogos could have been so much fun if they were something more like Tyro.

Sherry Bahm
Jul 30, 2003

filled with dolphins

No. 1 Apartheid Fan posted:

(like Elarra's USB)

Pretty sure I got this recently. Again, I need to go through a ton of stuff, but I suppose I should prioritize that one? What makes it so great?

Sherry Bahm
Jul 30, 2003

filled with dolphins

MF_James posted:

Regenga is insane (2k heal every couple seconds), instant entry and quickcast.. 2? Basically, you can drop it and then not have to worry about healing for a little so Elarra can toss out some songs for af ew rounds instead of immediately going back to curada spam.

Neat. Pretty much been rolling with Ovelia and Y'shtola as my main sources of healing. Could always use more.

Sherry Bahm
Jul 30, 2003

filled with dolphins
I actually decided to bite the bullet and start to attach Soul Breaks to a bunch of characters I've never used or touched in my life.

Turns out I have a few OS and Arcane SBs for characters I dig, which has me a little bit more motivated to play this again more consistently.

I do have Elarra's USB as I suspected, so that's great. Tyro has pretty much every mediocre or outmoded SB and none of the really useful ones though. Which is a bummer cuz I like his flexibility.

Sherry Bahm
Jul 30, 2003

filled with dolphins

Generalissimo posted:

Some new news on the Kingdom Hearts event in FFRK Report 43, among other things:

https://xn--ffrk-8i9hs14f.gamematom...%9B%9E%EF%BD%9E

Nice to see Axel. Though mostly I'm just hoping for another chance at the Wardrobe records I missed.

quote:

- Sora & Riku KHIII Dress Record
- Reissue of Tyro, Cloud & Squall's KH Dress Records

There we go! Thank you for the translation Hogama!

Sherry Bahm fucked around with this message at 04:54 on Feb 5, 2019

Sherry Bahm
Jul 30, 2003

filled with dolphins
I want Strago and Relm moogle suit Wardrobes.

Just copy/paste Mog's sprite sheet like in the SNES version and give it to me.

Sherry Bahm
Jul 30, 2003

filled with dolphins
The cast of FFIII have all sorts of costumes from their game's job system, and not one of them has a Wardrobe Record.

They do have a fair bit if you're a fan of FFIV. Pretty much anyone who has more than one distinctive look is accounted for. I'm surprised they haven't given Golbez his Man in Black getup yet.

And like FFIII they could definitely afford to put out a few more for the main cast of FFV. I'm still miffed that the only thing they could come up with for Faris was her drat princess dress. Cannoneer would be such a perfect fit. Or y'know, any job she actually wore to battle.

Locke's merchant and imperial officer duds immediately come to mind.

And give me Cloud in a dress you cowards!

Sherry Bahm
Jul 30, 2003

filled with dolphins
Sailor Barret reminded me so much of the Stay Puft Marshmallow man.

So yes. Gimme.

Sherry Bahm
Jul 30, 2003

filled with dolphins
Garnet is probably the biggest waste of a Wardrobe Record in this game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sherry Bahm
Jul 30, 2003

filled with dolphins
I think Faris has the best selection of costumes out of the main cast of FFV . Pretty much anything you pick for her looks great.

Going with bright yellow dress you see at the end is a waste. And it's not iconic like, say Celes' opera costume or even notable like Yuna's wedding dress.