Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Combo
Aug 19, 2003

Scraped up my last 50 and did a pull on banner 3.

Cloud and Noctis glints, Zack CSB!

I'll absolutely take it.

Cloud now has USB1, USB2, BSB1, BSB2, and glint (and one unique)

I guess I should look into diving him now.

Also caught up on all realm dungeons and elites.

Combo fucked around with this message at 22:55 on Jun 29, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Combo
Aug 19, 2003

I have a fully dived edge (usb bsb lmr) and yuffie (usb lmr), and I feel like shadow should be next (USB and lmr).

I love ninja tech.

Combo
Aug 19, 2003

I've done and sub 30'd all but 2 of the 3* magicites (~35 seconds for golem and shadow dragon but i haven't tried again really) but what kind of decks should I be using for 4*? I've been kind of plugging like an imperil or interesting 3* as my primary and then whatever as secondary.

Combo
Aug 19, 2003

Edea's burst isn't like Squall's at all and it isn't wind, just FYI. It's like Maria's burst except ice instead of earth.

Combo
Aug 19, 2003

McDragon posted:

Torments are kind of interesting I find, now that they are going away. Gonna try very hard to do them all since they all give mythril so stamina is no excuse

When they first came out they were a grind. I just finished the last couple of 250s/300s that I had remaining like a week ago and honestly they're fairly fun now I think. The bosses die fast as gently caress though.

Combo
Aug 19, 2003

Took my first crack at 4* magicites and picked fire because I'm stacked on water damage.

Down in 37 seconds on first attempt, not too bad!

Tidus: USB/BSB2/LMR full LD
Edge: USB full LD
OK: pUSB entrust bot
Tyro: godwall entrust bot
Elarra: USB full LD

Now just to farm it a bit and figure out where I can shave time to get to 30 seconds. I might be able to swap OK for Ramza since I have his LMR/BSB2 combo.

Combo
Aug 19, 2003

FairGame posted:

Drop Tyro and use fabula guardian. Give protectga and shellga to Elarra, since she’s just gonna be USBing it up.

Add another DPS. Also dive Edge, but try the other stuff first.

Edge is full LD already but yeah swapping tyro out for someone else is my next move probably.

My other dps would be yuffie with USB, lmr, and full dive, except I only have one set of ninja water abilities and I'd rather not craft another at the moment.

Combo fucked around with this message at 01:41 on Jul 8, 2018

Combo
Aug 19, 2003

Kheldarn posted:

So, I keep seeing people say to Record Dive units, but I don't see anything explaining what that is. A Google search turned up this 2 year old reddit post. Is it still accurate?

If you go to Upgrades and Inventory, right under "break level cap" you'll see record spheres.

If you've been playing recently you've probably gathered up materials already without even realizing, and you for sure have gotten some from the gift dungeons.

Almost anyone level 80+ can be dove for additional stats using the 3, 4, and 5* motes that you occasionally get. 3 and 4* are generally just extra stats and extra % damage to certain things.

You'll want to start with diving your most powerful characters that you have the best soulbreaks for. For me, my first full dive was Tidus because I have his USB/BSB/OSB/LMR.

First you use 3*, then 4*, then 5* motes if you want to go that far. 5* motes are considered "legend dive" and you'll get additional boosts. For my Tidus his LD is + water damage and a chance for water abilities to trigger twice. They slot into LMR spots. He also gets a bunch of HP, about 70 extra strength and some other stuff.

Combo
Aug 19, 2003

I barely play these days and mostly log in for daily mythril and to autoattack some event battles every once in a while but I saw there was a 33 pull tonight so hey whatever.

4x33: Rikku CSB, Xezat USB (+ice weapon gently caress yeah), Galuf BSB2 I think, and Zidane BSB2.

I'm hesitant to pull on the lucky because the only thing I really want is Squall USB. What else is coming up? I'm assuming a few more luckies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Combo
Aug 19, 2003

Got Prompto's chain from XV. I already have his ultra so that's cool.

I also have Kain chain and Shantotto chain though. I guess lightning forever.