Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

staplegun
Sep 21, 2003

quote:

After spending $800 and 500+ Mythril on today's banner and basically getting everything but Gabranth's BUSB (the one thing I really wanted from the banner, and it's not even the first time --- this is the third time I've suffered utter loot denial like this, hunting for Bartz USB1 and Ovelia LMR before), it hit me: "Why am I still paying this game to abuse and laugh at me?"

I used to be on the fence about the supposed predatory nature of gacha games because I've never once felt a need to throw money into them, but holy poo poo, $800?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

staplegun
Sep 21, 2003

3/40: exdeath lmr, snow usb, sephiroth usb

8/40: marcus lm, alphinaud lmr (dupe), lightning lmr (dupe), braska lmr, larsa lmr, Basch OSB (dupe), jecht bsb, cinque usb

I think I can best describe my results as "meh"

staplegun
Sep 21, 2003

Is diving everyone just sort of expected for 5* magicites? I think that I have a good chance of being able to clear madeen but I haven't had a lot of success so far. I'm gun shy as hell when it comes to spending motes.

Here's what I'm working with:
OK (mUSB, LMR)
Golbez (Gen2 CSB)
Cid Raines (BSB)
CoD (USB, BSB)
Elarra (USB, LMR, LM2), full dive

and on the bench:
Seymour (Gen 1 CSB, imperil BSB)
Yuffie (Glint), full dive
Seifer (Gen 2 CSB)

staplegun
Sep 21, 2003

but everyone told me they'd make fun of me if i dove the onion :ohdear:

staplegun
Sep 21, 2003

Avalerion posted:

Who did? Onion's dive is great if using him as a mage. Just skip the dual cast celerity node.
Maybe, but it's like 90% of the time in high level content that I see him as an entrust bot

Indecisive posted:

Onion is great and all but idk what he's doing on your dark team when you have raines BSB and CoD USB and golbez chain already, you sure the hell dont need the extra musb buff. Is he just entrusting? Seems like bringing Seymour for the imperil would be more effective, or Shelke if you're having him entrust.

I really really feel good about getting an instant cast hasteaga (and the following turn, wall rw) at the start of the fight, but I'll try switching him out if you think I'm going a bit too overboard on the buffs. Part of the reason is also that I'm getting kind of low on honed dark abilities so I was looking to take a shortcut by using an entrust bot instead of another dps.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

staplegun
Sep 21, 2003

Thanks for the input, everyone