Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

against my better judgement i did a pull on banner three and went Cloud LMR/11. hell i only got a single 4*, and nine 3

fridge corn posted:

With two new chains this fest im only missing chains for earth, holy, and dark 🤔

Though not sure how to slot greg into an isegbend team since he's got no fire ranged and ive no other tech for him other than his csb and bsb1 🤔🤔

with basically only fire samurai skills he seems less than optimal, i guess you have to look at him as an almost entirely useless support

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

i got myself garnet csb and bsb2 on banner 5, which is objectively good while being simultaneously irritating as i was pulling for earth stuff. my earth and wind will forever be bad i suppose. altho getting two things for one character that compliment each other is quite good, and adding a fourth character to my ffix synergy is also quite good.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

i've just started doing magicite recently as well and one thing i've noticed about it is that a few things make an enormous difference. i've always considered my water my best element but my water team of literally just edge and tidus did living flame in 26 seconds with zero magicites equipped, and then with the help of a magicite on sea lion and with three dps its a bit of a struggle to break 30 seconds.

i cant put a dent in golem and fenrir, and it took me something like 41 seconds to do bismarck and hydra. i knew my wind and earth were kind of shabby but i thought my lightning was Pretty Good. and in other content i think my various elements are relatively on par. you know what the difference is my two sub 30 clears and my 40+ or cant clear at all is? vivi can triple cast with his USB and legend dive. none of my lightning team has w-cast of any kind (technically vivi can do this as well but no en-element for lightning) none of my wind team has double cast other than vivi but i dont have the hones on tornado and meltdown to deal with his w-ability eating up charges. and the reason i absolutely crush living flame with just two dps when all the others require three? edge can en-water and double cast and has a chase. edge can add 17 hits to a chain and honestly i would say he probably did 80% of the damage even with tidus chain.

i know people have done 3* magicites without chains at all but from my personal experience doing them en-element and chain building vastly outweigh whatever else you can be doing. as for boosts it helps to not have a mixed damage team. i had one for hydra and i felt like i was barely plinking it. i should probably be able to sub 30 all of the magicites with what i have but that probably requires more dives. but yeah, chain+en-element and double cast absolutely whips the rear end of these things. edit: i had a chain for all of the magicite i've beaten so i want to emphasize that edge in particular is what helps me blast living flame so hard. i wonder if just slapping the earth ninja skills on him would help with my earth team and take away the mixed damage or if the lack of en-element will hurt it too much.

rabidsquid fucked around with this message at 05:31 on Jul 4, 2018

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Edge USB with a dive is literally 17 hits on a double cast. or is it 18 i forget, either way its uh. its good.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

i have edge fully dived with his USB and BSB but also i have yuffie glint and i have shadow LMR that gives him en-dark and i am genuinely considering diving them both. yuffie is probably overkill with my edge relics and already dove but double cast ninja is so good that i am willing to bet en-dark is good enough to dive shadow over.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

"my ice kind of sucks, i should pull on ff8 and if i get seifer stuff thats okay because i got his chain during fest, but i hope this isnt like the last fest banner where i pulled for earth and got nothing but (albeit good) lightning stuff"

well i immediately dove squall then

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Zurai posted:

There's also quite a number of off-element characters who still work perfectly well, like Vivi and Palom. Vivi is in my Belias (5 star Fire Magicite) team, for crying out loud.

You are greatly underestimating the variety of options which will be available to you.

am i misunderstanding something or do i not know about Belias because Vivi is absolutely not off-element for fire

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

saltylopez posted:

He's fire element so he would be weak to water.

I'm presuming he gets Vivi to trance then spams Vortex.

oh yeah okay, that makes sense. i actually even sometimes use Vivi USB on stuff that resists fire just to get that sweet black triple cast going.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

1/11 thancred ssb :unsmigghh:

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

eelmonger posted:

Which one? One of his is a rare +wind on a physically oriented weapon.

Meanwhile, I was hoping for some XIV or 0 synergy and got Aerith BSB1 (dupe)/11. I need to stop pulling on these. Although, in theory, the pools are only going to get better now that we're done with new SSBs.

its the one that gives the party haste, i didnt actually look at the details.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

saltylopez posted:

Bartz is a good character, but OSBs are kinda underwhelming if you can't pair them with a +infuse element soul break.

its sort of funny because my brain has imprinted "osb = not worth a bar ever" and then sometimes i remember that TG Cid can solo some encounters just by being fed bars and casting his over and over. its kind of great.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

MarquiseMindfang posted:

Oh yeah for sure he's useful, but he doesn't do much in between other than spam Assault Sabre. I usually have Celes and Beatrix using their BSBs to consistently hit the damage cap and he's stuck at like 6k. Entrusts and Breaks, I suppose?

now granted i have ramza LMR but even before i did i dont think i ever did anything but wrath/entrust with him

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Bruceski posted:

"Oh, I got Cloud's USB. Nothing else for Cloud but I guess I can dive him for doublecast combat and use him as another NE guy alongside Vaan and Noctis. Sure both he and Noct use Combat but I can have one use Omega Drive and the other use... um... anything there?"

its not ideal but if you can get enough bar with noctis to be using his SSB often you can use full charge as a pseudo omega drive.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

The downside of instant cast medicas is that it sucks so drat bad going back to a healer that doesn't have it when synergy matters more. Regular medicas feel so slow I have no idea how I ever got used to timing things out with them.

pulling Elarra USB was extremely sweet and she was the first healer i dove, consequently now every other healer i could use for any reason feels like absolute trash, including Aphmau USB.

as an aside getting that Elarra BSB along with the USB feels intensely useless now but i guess its nice to have the option

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Armitage posted:

*looks at recent pulls - 2x dupe Raines BSB/Elarra LMR, Alma USB, Amarant USB*

I'm tempted to take that account to be perfectly honest.

having a different account wont make you stop hating every single pull you make

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

MarquiseMindfang posted:

i just want more buff SBs because i'm incredibly limited right now and it in turn limits my team choices

Garnet BSB2 is my only dual ATK/MAG buff, at all

imo if SSBs aren't going to be on banners anymore due to being outclassed let people buy them directly for mythril/gems or start giving them out as event/raid rewards/drops so they can waifu chase or just get those +10 stats

it just sort of sucks to think whole chunks of the game's animations will just be forever inaccessible

what are you talking about? they just did an event during fest where you could pay 5 mithril to get the worst SSB in a realm. they're not gone forever.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

i got sephiroth magic pantsu, 2x sephiroth glint, and cloud glint off of this 11 draw, how'd i do thread

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

my new daily draws just show how i know exactly how to defy the odds in that i've pulled two 1*, and a 6*, but not a single 4 or 5.

the 6* was leo USB which is cool but also sadly a dupe.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

i got rosa lmr which is one of those "raise mnd every time you cast a white magic spell" how good are these anyway?

and i got seymour usb. i have his chain so between that and raines bsb i guess i have a little babby dark magic team growing. altho i have seifer csb and sephiroths latest usb and got riku aosb and usb so my physical dark is waaaay stronger. also i think that diving shadow with just his en-dark might be stronger than any of those physical guys too :v:

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Fister Roboto posted:

The daily draw costs literally nothing except a few seconds of your time, so there's absolutely no good reason not to do it. And having a poor grasp of probabilities is not a good reason :v:

buddy if you only knew the conversations ive had with armitage about probability

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

i got rem bsb for my first realms on parade draw. what a weird item.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

i got gaff usb which has one of those short chases and is on a character who will never break into my dark or fft teams :saddowns:

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

hello record keeper thread, i did not enjoy the direction of the game much with the new torments and i basically quit playing, but the 40 pulls made me update and try them. my first one was 5/7 dupes and only two 6* relics, and one of them was Raiden (and the other was dupe Ashe OSB) my second was 3/40 with one of those 3 being an FFBeyond LMR (although i did get Red XIII chain, although my earth magic is poo poo) since i decided to uninstall i did a final gently caress you pull of Kingdom Hearts. and this happened

i have Sora doublecast spellblade LMR already. i have Riku AOSB and USB already. i guess i can do some stuff now, huh.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

my new pulls let me 30 second the old magicite i hadnt been able to before, mostly, except i still cant do golem and bismarck for poo poo. my new earth chain is a trap. why is there no earth magic in this game. why is there no good wind magic. why is life hell. answer me!!!!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

my riku pull turned my mist dragon from "can't quite beat it" to now my fastest magicite at 19 seconds