Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."

Pander posted:

*tons of fest content out*

*only runs mote dungeons*

I’m just running exp dungeon to get magicites up. After getting utterly thrashed by Tiamat to the point of no return my confidence to try the harder content is very low.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

My water stuff is good enough to sub 30 Liquid Flame and sub 40 Marilis at this point! This banner has Snow’s CSB on it and maybe it can finally get me to about half health on Tiamat for a change!

I know it’s one of the new chains but man it doesn’t help me actually feel like I can try to beat Tiamat with anything more than a rolled up ball of paper.

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

Tiamat is awful and it's hard to imagine that soon 5* magicite will be rolling out that is like 10x worse.

my 'good' ice options are:

Physical:
Squall BSB2/OSB
Ayame BSB

Magic:
Serah USB

So yeah, that's definitely not enough. Man, I'd hate to see the 5* wind magicite, if the two other magicite bosses are two of the hardest bosses in the entire series.

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

At least this pull led to sub 30 on a 4* Magicite! :toot:

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

From my own personal experience :flaccid: sums up Squall nicely

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

i knew this fest was gonna be crap when I got three USBs in RoP that perform breaks, and when I pulled two of Metamorphosis Claws in banner 1, that were added to the banner and are stuff everyone and their mothers already have.

Yeah I got Rikku CSB in banner 4, but, man, I'm never gonna beat Tiamat.

Never pull. Ever.

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

i'm even pulling horribly in the JP version, I pretty much 0/11ed FFVI's banner 2.

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

rabidsquid posted:

i've just started doing magicite recently as well and one thing i've noticed about it is that a few things make an enormous difference. i've always considered my water my best element but my water team of literally just edge and tidus did living flame in 26 seconds with zero magicites equipped, and then with the help of a magicite on sea lion and with three dps its a bit of a struggle to break 30 seconds.

i cant put a dent in golem and fenrir, and it took me something like 41 seconds to do bismarck and hydra. i knew my wind and earth were kind of shabby but i thought my lightning was Pretty Good. and in other content i think my various elements are relatively on par. you know what the difference is my two sub 30 clears and my 40+ or cant clear at all is? vivi can triple cast with his USB and legend dive. none of my lightning team has w-cast of any kind (technically vivi can do this as well but no en-element for lightning) none of my wind team has double cast other than vivi but i dont have the hones on tornado and meltdown to deal with his w-ability eating up charges. and the reason i absolutely crush living flame with just two dps when all the others require three? edge can en-water and double cast and has a chase. edge can add 17 hits to a chain and honestly i would say he probably did 80% of the damage even with tidus chain.

i know people have done 3* magicites without chains at all but from my personal experience doing them en-element and chain building vastly outweigh whatever else you can be doing. as for boosts it helps to not have a mixed damage team. i had one for hydra and i felt like i was barely plinking it. i should probably be able to sub 30 all of the magicites with what i have but that probably requires more dives. but yeah, chain+en-element and double cast absolutely whips the rear end of these things. edit: i had a chain for all of the magicite i've beaten so i want to emphasize that edge in particular is what helps me blast living flame so hard. i wonder if just slapping the earth ninja skills on him would help with my earth team and take away the mixed damage or if the lack of en-element will hurt it too much.

Chains are why I can sub 20s Mist Dragon, thanks to Seymour, and why I can probably clear Siren pretty quickly with a physical based dark team. Of course, I'd have to get over that huge hurdle known as Tiamat before I can access her. gently caress.

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

Prav posted:

gau has one hell of an USB coming up, incidentally

Unfortunately that shares a banner with Gogo VI stuff, and Gogo is probably the worst non Core character in the game, with the worst 5* piece of equipment in his LMR.

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

My DU lucky pulls have been miserable as can be over the last few months. I figured, what the heck and did a 100 gem pull on the Type-0 CT banner to see if I can come up with another excuse to not pull on the lucky.

This works!

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

Not the best use of 25 mythril, as I don’t see myself using Reno without a relevant soul break. The BSB does give me an excuse to keep the exp dungeon train rolling so I can keep leveling magicites :v:

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

I didn't believe in the JP's new free draw rates after I got a 1* knife from it.

Now, I am!

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

2/4 on 5 star pulls in the new daily draw in the JP version, I got Vincent's glint today :stare:

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

Oooooof

I got the 6* I didn’t actually want at this time, with my current FFT/Holy situation. Yikes.

I got the Dud. *Homer smiles slowly*

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

ceaselessfuture posted:

Get Alma's BSB and you'll see how drat good she is. No joke!

Yeah, but I don't have the mythril to try again, and this wasn't the 6* I was looking for to begin with. With Marche USB/Orlandeau OSB/Meliadoul USB out there to help with my FFT/holy DPS, I felt like this was a missed opportunity.

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

*looks at recent pulls - 2x dupe Raines BSB/Elarra LMR, Alma USB, Amarant USB*

I'm tempted to take that account to be perfectly honest.

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

rabidsquid posted:

having a different account wont make you stop hating every single pull you make

True, but, drat, a lot of that stuff owns.

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

JP got a SSB+ banner for each realm,which was 15 mythril per 11 pull, for one of their fests. This should be coming up in Global, and the good thing is they don’t go away.

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

KataraniSword posted:

I can only hope and pray that they replace the Newcomer Banners so we stop having to scream at people to not pull on the newcomer banners.

Also, it's 15 mythril for the first 11 pull per realm, full 50-mythril price after that.

Yeah, I forgot that part, but still, they never go away. Of course they’re curated up to a certain point but there still is a chance to get a lot of great stuff you may have missed. You can also get Greg SSB.

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

Nephrite posted:

I'm so sorry. There's a support group for it.

Fran's not included.

I have that thing too. I shouldn’t be surprised I pulled it, Fran likes to break stuff. Bleh.

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

That Banner 2 is definitely worth saving mythril for. Banner 1 has good delita stuff, but the Orran USB seems to be a bit of a wet fart, mainly because I've soured on breaks lately(granted, there IS the possibility I may not be using them right. I kinda feel even using multiple breaks lately is kinda underwhelming). The magic blink and instant cast are pretty neat, though.

I do hope that eventually there's justice for breaks.

Armitage fucked around with this message at 13:00 on Jul 26, 2018

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

The 180 is a fucker. I’m gonna take a break for a bit, sweet jiminy christmas.

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

I’d want to get a source of EnWater for Tidus and Yuffie gear but I have a stacked Rikku already, Edge BSB, and Paine USB. I think I have too many dupes to pull on this banner and my recent pull luck would give me Rikku gear. FFVII needs me.

Armitage fucked around with this message at 14:11 on Aug 6, 2018

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

I keep getting the Never Pull pulls with these.

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

MarquiseMindfang posted:

Curilla seems like a secret monster.

Her USB1 is low key solid.

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

If you have an Exdeath soul break that acts as a Runic for the FF2 Jump Start, it ends up not being that bad. It still can get tricky as heck, though but it does give you some breathing room to heal from time to time.

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

Yet another 1/11

I’ll happily take it this time!!

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

I dove Vincent and I got to thinking, I would like his cool doublecast bandana!

Solid, solid as a rock!

Plus my first new Cloud item since his OSB back in 2016!

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

the FF7 d240 was a ginormous pain in my butt, but I beat it. I don’t think I can get the d280 below 40% yet. I did get Cuch below 40% this time though and got enough rock candies to get Chain Firaja

With Chain Firaja on Vincent, I tackled Isgebind again.

The early Trance activation on Vivi helped, but 8’ve shaved roughly 6-8 seconds off my previous average times against Isgebind with Vincent’s CSB and Chain Firaja!

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

I can’t do this pull with VIII coming in a few weeks!

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

This is definitely the equivalent of a 16 billion seed beating a #1 seed in the NCAA tournament. I was sure this wasn’t possible but Curilla is low key good at high level poo poo.

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

Zonko_T.M. posted:

What do you have for Curilla? What makes her good with high level stuff?

Her USB boosts ATK/MAG/DEF and gives a radiant shield which is useful when the damage comes in hot and heavy

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

Bullshitted my way through this fight, third time’s the charm and my first clear is a sub 30s!

I’m starved for holy stuff though, so Hades might not be achievable for awhile.

Physical:
Cecil: BSB2/Glint
Beatrix: BSB1
Celes: SSB/BSB1
Orlandeau: BSB
Marche: BSB

Magical:
Rem BSB/USB
Raines BSB

And that’s about it off the top of my head.

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

You must be joking ri....

:stare:

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

What you get from the 5/6* pool is everything released to date, so what pops out of the rainbow/disco ball could be anything from a generic stat stick to a top tier USB.

The pools do get updated, I believe, after an event ends. Correct me if I’m wrong, of course.

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

Man, it was nice to have the new rates for a bit for daily draw, but I think I can go back to ignoring it. Got lucky yesterday and got a 4*, but three of the last four days was 1*, so it looks like the rates are back to what it was before.

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

Merry Quistmas guys!

RoP:

0 - Nine USB
FFT - Ramza SSB (chant) (dupe)
XV - Prompto USB (dupe)
XIV - Yda USB
XIII - Fang BSB (Rhomphaia)
XII - Fran USB (Hunting Crossbow), Vayne OSB
XI - Shantotto LMR

I gathered around the Quistmas tree and opened my presents!

Seifer Claus ignored the fact that I’ve been naughty all year and stuffed my stockings full of stuff!

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

RoP:

0 - Nine USB
XV - Prompto USB (dupe)
XIV - Yda USB
XI - Shantotto LMR
X - Paine LMR

Fest doesn’t really seem to grab me right now. Not enough holy options on banner 5, too much dark stuff and I’m good with that I think!

I decided to go for a third pull on FF8!

8/33! Four discos! I’ll have to get Quistis stuff another way, but overall I did really good here!

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

Alright I don’t get to say a single dang word for a week about daily pulls unless it’s what I actually pull

Also, this is my RoP

RoP:

0 - Nine USB
XV - Prompto USB (dupe)
XIV - Yda USB
XI - Shantotto LMR
X - Paine LMR
IX - Freya BSB
VIII - Quistis SSB1 (dupe)
VII - Tifa USB1
VI - Kefka BSB

I was hoping changes to the fest banners would entice me more to pull, but I just may throw one pull at banner 4. I am tempted to go for pull #4 on FFVIII banner #1!

Armitage fucked around with this message at 14:45 on Sep 19, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

Current RoP tally!

0 - Nine USB
XV - Prompto USB (dupe)
XIV - Yda USB