Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

No Friend of Gravity
Feb 24, 2006

This week is the single best time in the game's history to start playing. If you start before July 7, you'll be able to catch the end of the Summer Fest. I rerolled an alt account yesterday; here's a quick start guide.

• As soon as you get out of the tutorial, pick up your 100 mythril from the Item Chest. Then go to Relic Draw and pull on the Summer Sun Relic Draw (free!) and on each of the fifteen Realms on Parade Relic Draws (15x5 = 75 mythril). You now have 23 5* and 6* relics.
  • Auto-equip your party; Tyro (or whatever you named your main character) is now be able to one-shot everything in the first fifty realm dungeons. Finish the Book of Trials I to unlock Events.
  • Go to the Summer Sun Festival 2018 in the Event Dungeons and do all the Gift Dungeons, the Music Record Dungeons, and the Quiz Dungeons.
  • Go to the Annex, to the Hall of Rites, and pick up FFT's Ramza. Use two of your Memory Crystal Lodes on Ramza and Tyro, and your two Memory Crystal II Lodes on Ramza and Tyro. (You won't regret this; these will be plentiful shortly.)
  • In the Upgrades screen, use your Growth Eggs to get Ramza and Tyro to level 65 and break their second level caps. Then bring them to every realm dungeon at least until they drop their RM2s, Dr. Mog's Teachings and Battleforged.
  • Turn on auto-battle by default in the settings and do something else while you annihilate as many Realm Dungeons as your brain will let you.
  • After you finish Book of Trials II, put your new Sentinel Grimoire on Tyro and keep it on him until you've mastered Wall.
  • I would recommend spending at least some of the huge piles of mythril you get on the Summer Sun Phase 5 Relic Draw (which starts in three days), but that's up to you.
  • I recommend, once you finish the Book of Trials III, that you get Arc's Word of Kindness. It's the most useful SB on the list, you'll use the armor forever on some teams, and it gives you a Medica (full party heal) in the off-chance that you didn't get one from your pulls earlier.
  • I also recommend, once you finish the Book of Trials V, that you get Ramza's Shout from the Relic Selection and put your Dr. Mog's Teachings on him. (Exception: if you happened to pull Onion Knight's Forbidden Power or Ramza's Battle Cry, use that instead.)
  • You now have the Trinity: Wall, Hastega/Boostga, Medica. That will be more than enough, with your other relics, to smash through the D120s and 140s in Events that give you more MCII and MCIII Lodes.

One more thing: not all soul breaks are created equal, and especially as a new player you'll get more mileage out of a good BSB than a decent USB. So if you do this and you post the list of relics that you get in the thread or in Discord, we'll tell you which characters to build teams around.

No Friend of Gravity fucked around with this message at 14:13 on Jun 29, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Friend of Gravity
Feb 24, 2006

MarquiseMindfang posted:

Whats the easiest 220+ Event to do for AA book 9? Tried event Emerald, got immediately hit for 9999 to everyone and wasted in a single turn. Everyone seems to get destroyed in raids as well.

Try a Jump Start, those are much easier. If you get on Discord and ask for help, you'll also find people who'll be happy to carry you through a 220 raid dungeon.

No Friend of Gravity
Feb 24, 2006

ceaselessfuture posted:

Pretty sure it was temporary. I'm not sure when it ended, but if he didn't get it that's probably why.

I got the 100 mythril on a brand new account a few days ago as soon as I got out of the tutorial. It looks like that gift was sent out on May 30 though, and it's now been over a month since then.

Between the gift dungeons and the first realms, a new player can still pull on banner 4 and banner 5 and all the realms on parade before the end of fest.

No Friend of Gravity
Feb 24, 2006

ceaselessfuture posted:

Sabin
Larsa
Tyro
Curilla
Raijin or Kiros

"Why Raijin or Kiros?" the vets are surely asking: because by leveraging BSBs, you won't have to worry about hones at all really until you need to make 5* abilities. Leverage those CMDs. Give your DPS Lifesiphons and maybe a token ability or two, and work on getting your BSBs up and running immediately.

In the meantime, leverage Sabin's BSB and make break/downs for Tyro. Give Curilla some Knight abilities. Work towards making the 5* skill associated with your top DPS (rear end saber for Beatrix, the new Wind spellblade for Cloud, Gaia Rush for Tifa).

I agree with the SB assessment, and your long-term priorities, but I think this advice might be frustrating as a first-week player because 5* abilities are hard to hone. Sabin's only source of chase comes from Fires Within, Tifa's usb gives Monk Double (which uses abilities twice as fast), Beatrix's chase depends on hones. Here's my *short-term* advice.

If you haven't already, get Dr. Mog's Teachings and Mako Might. One goes on Tyro forever. You also want Ramza's Battleforged. These should be your immediate priority in using Crystal II Lodes, you'll get more. I would grab Shout from Book 5, the Last Stand idea is neat though.
Your current 5* orb stash is more useful for you when mostly broken down into 4* orbs. They're a renewable resource and you want power now. Get two Lifesiphons to rank 3 and Wrath to rank 4.
Stick Wrath and Battleforged on Larsa. You now have an instant full heal every three turns. Enjoy.
Get Aerora Strike to R5 (it's cheap) and put it on Cloud. He Lifesiphons up to his USB and spams Aerora Strike and you win.
Get Banishing Strike to at least R4 (cheap and useful) and put it on Beatrix. She Lifesiphons up to her USB and spams Banishing Strike and you win.
You also want someone carrying Full Break. Unlike most 5*s, it's excellent at R1. Tyro can do it, or Ramza.

You really do have an amazing loadout. Enjoy the journey.