Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

A surfing dog?!
Apr 23, 2006

So I got on for the first time since Agrias came out I think? That's the newest thing I can remember anyway. Which of these banners are worth using my mythril/gems on as a returning player? My stuff was pretty good at the time, but I know my poo poo is obsolete by now. I already did the 3 pull on the misc. Final Fantasy summer banner because I love me some Tactics and got a Brigandine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A surfing dog?!
Apr 23, 2006

RagnarokAngel posted:

Do all the realms on parade, you won't get any dupes so worth a shot.

Alright, sounds good. And that banner with all those free rainbows was crazy! They'd never be that generous back when I played lol

A surfing dog?!
Apr 23, 2006

I'm not entirely sure which characters are good with the things I pulled, so I'm just gonna list them and see what you guys think.

Serah's Lunar Stinger with Moonfrost Arrows
Vaan's Orichalcum Dirk with Ark Blast
Vivi's Flame Staff with Proof of Existence
Laguna's Arcturus with Ragnarok Buster
Yuffie's Magic Shuriken with Guardian of Wutai
Cyan's Riot Blade with Bushido Oblivion (Have they actually made Cyan not the worst yet?)
Golbez's Gigant Axe with Master of Baron
Minwu's Stardust Rod with Seal of Heaven
Haurchefant's Kite Shield with Live to Serve
Shantotto's Tactician Magician's Cuffs with Play Rough
Ignus' Aegis Shield with Oathsworn Espada
Kimahri's Bright Armlet with Undimmed Spirit
Gogo's Helm of Wonders with Punishing Meteor

I only listed the stuff I got with Ultra and Burst because I'm assuming Super is outdated by now. It's kinda tough for me to make sense of which ones are good and which aren't since everything has a ton of different effects now. I'm trying to decide who to fit in my main non-series specific team, and I've always run with Ramza with his Shout and Y'shtola with her Stoneskin II but I'm pretty lost otherwise. I'm probably just going to mess around with Record Dungeons til I get the hang of this game again.

A surfing dog?!
Apr 23, 2006

ceaselessfuture posted:

Another thing to note is that some SSBs are excellent, so you should probably post those too. Do it in the format "Cloud SSB1" or "Lightning SSB2" so it's easier for us to look up.

You did really well!

Thanks for all those notes, that definitely helps because I still feel pretty lost right now lol

Here's the SSB stuff I pulled recently.

Luneth's Lust Dagger with Swordshower
Tidus' Force Sabre with Jecht Shot
Reno's Light Rod with Turk Bombshell
Krile's Beast Killer with Unspoken Bond
Irvine's Exeter with Hyper Sniper
Minfilia's Holy Shield with Blessing of Light
Alphinaud's Evoker's Doublet with Deployment Tactics

And here's the SSB stuff I had before I quit.

Locke's Valiant Knife with Valiant Strike
Squall's Cutting Trigger with Blasting Zone
Ramza's Platinum Sword with Shout
Agrias' Defender with Hallowed Bolt
Sephiroth's Yoshiyuki with Black Materia
Kain's Wyvern Lance with Rising Dive
Selphie's Crescent Wish with Dreamstage
Rydia's Mystic Whip with Odin
Laguna's Machine Gun with Desperado (I'm assuming I probably wouldn't use that over Ragnarok Buster)

I was also wondering if I should use my free acolyte draws for anything in particular since there's so much crap I can pick out.

A surfing dog?!
Apr 23, 2006

ceaselessfuture posted:

If this is EVERY relic you have, I'd recommend medicas mostly. 100% get Relm's BSB off of AA 9, but any full party heal would be great for your team.

As to specifics otherwise, try this guide index. Reddit is compulsive in all the best ways: https://www.reddit.com/r/FFRecordKeeper/comments/8nazt6/reminder_list_of_acolyte_archive_selection_guides/

Oh I have several mediocre medicas already, and from what I've seen I'm still going to be pretty well off using Y'sthola with Stoneskin II and Medica II until I can find a different source of Wall with a better Medica. I'll try to focus on getting a better medica if I can from one of those banners. I have a bunch more relics since this was the first game I ever whaled out on, but they're a lot more straight forward and I already know that 99% of them are obsolete. I'll definitely take a look at that guide index though.

A surfing dog?!
Apr 23, 2006

I'll definitely look into it. Medica II is worse than I remember after using it again.

A surfing dog?!
Apr 23, 2006

This post last page helped me out a bit https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3861719&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=1#post485608274

A surfing dog?!
Apr 23, 2006

Should I grab Y'shtola's Healer's Circlet for Asylum even if I have plenty of FFXIV armor/robes etc? I'm considering Vanille's Mistilteinn for Transcendent Dream, and I currently don't have a FFXIII mind weapon. It'd be nice to give Y'shtola a new medica since she already has a Wall, but I could probably get a roaming warrior for Wall or something. I could also grab the Wizer Rod for Aerith since I somehow never got a mind weapon for FFVII, but Asylum and Transcendent Dream seem like they're more useful than White Materia.

A surfing dog?!
Apr 23, 2006

What's the deal with reforging? I tried looking it up, but I couldn't find good info about it.

A surfing dog?!
Apr 23, 2006

Oh nice. I have a ton of gil and random ++ items, so I'll be sure to mess around with that.

A surfing dog?!
Apr 23, 2006

I wasn't sure if I should pull on this banner but all the cool people were doing it so I figured why not.

How useful is all that stuff? Please tell me the Snow thing is the worst because he's easily my least favorite Final Fantasy character of all time. I mean I care more about plowing through poo poo, but still.

A surfing dog?! fucked around with this message at 09:07 on Jul 1, 2018

A surfing dog?!
Apr 23, 2006

A better idea would've been to just leave Marche out of the game until they got to Shelke levels of desperate for FFT characters.

A surfing dog?!
Apr 23, 2006

I just wanted an excuse to post this since we're talking about FFTA stuff

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_L65VrvcVNM

A surfing dog?!
Apr 23, 2006

Which Jumpstarts are easiest? I've been getting my rear end kicked by the few I've tried that weren't weak to the two elemental chains I actually have.

A surfing dog?!
Apr 23, 2006

So my gear is just too terrible to handle them at this point then, got it.

A surfing dog?!
Apr 23, 2006

I'll give the ones I haven't tried yet a shot and hope that I just picked ones that are too difficult for the elements I currently have gear for.

A surfing dog?!
Apr 23, 2006

NinjaDebugger posted:

Don't underestimate yourself. I started just over a month ago and I've managed three or four of them, and I'm on the verge of a few more, though I probably won't finish them before they're gone forever.

Thanks for the bit of inspiration. I just did the FF3 ones I was hesitant to do because of my weak RS, but they weren't too bad. I only had to reset once because of an unlucky petrify at the start.

A surfing dog?!
Apr 23, 2006

My three daily draws have been a ***, *, and ** so far :negative:

A surfing dog?!
Apr 23, 2006

Agent355 posted:

Just starting out with this game again because why not. I played years ago but I don't remember poo poo about it. I can read the OP for the how to play sort of stuff but I wanted to ask about what banners I should be spending my initial newb currency on and what might be coming up that I should save for? I don't really know anything about that at this point and I don't want to waste any freebie pulls.

There's a fest coming I believe on the 7th if you can save up for it and just do dungeons/record dungeons until then.

I'm still kinda new after coming back after years too so I'm not entirely sure what you should spend your mythril on in it though.

A surfing dog?!
Apr 23, 2006

Still nothing higher than 4 * from the daily and only got a dupe from Tactics even though I don't have much Tactics stuff to begin with :negative:

Got Cinque's USB yesterday though so at least my strongest elemental team got stronger!

A surfing dog?!
Apr 23, 2006

I loving knew it. I thought to myself before the FFXV draw that I was going to get a dupe despite only having two FFXV relics, and sure enough that's what happened. This game hates me.

A surfing dog?!
Apr 23, 2006

Still no daily above 4* and Y'shtola's USB! That's a good one right? I always hear about how amazing it is from everyone, and I didn't just get more trash.

A surfing dog?!
Apr 23, 2006

Still no daily above 4* and Realms on Parade hasn't been great for me, but I went from having nothing for Rinoa to having her Arcane SB, Brave USB, and LMR so I'm pretty happy.

A surfing dog?!
Apr 23, 2006

It's partially frustrating but also kinda hilarious. I've given up on expecting to see anything more than 4* when I hit that button.

I started off strong with Cinque's USB, but then I got two dupes in realms that I barely have any relics in afterwards.

A surfing dog?!
Apr 23, 2006

Doing my RoP pulls and I got another dupe for FFIX, which I don't have many relics in. I also finally broke my bad daily streak and got...another dupe for a realm I have barely any relics in!

A surfing dog?!
Apr 23, 2006

oh boy another dupe!

A surfing dog?!
Apr 23, 2006

Not a dupe this time! Instead I've been blessed with Gau's SSB.

A surfing dog?!
Apr 23, 2006

Thanks RoP for another dupe for a realm I barely have any relics in!

Only got one LMR from the lucky draw, but it was for Zack so I'm pretty happy with it at least.

A surfing dog?!
Apr 23, 2006

Onion Knight's Guise, Magika Album, 2nd Fusion Sword, and Organis+. I was mostly hoping for The Magika Album and I'm pretty happy I got it with one 50 mythril pull.

A surfing dog?!
Apr 23, 2006

Got Sora's AASB, BSB, and Squall's Twin Lance+ on my first pull. Now I'm debating whether or not to pull on the second banner, but I'm leaning towards just saving for the anniversary stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A surfing dog?!
Apr 23, 2006

Ouch, 3/40 on the free 40 x Relic draw, one is a dupe, and one is a terrible glint. I guess I can't complain too much about free poo poo though.

Didn't notice the other free draw! Arcane was a dupe, but I got a couple of interesting relics at least and only one other dupe.

Also didn't notice the new thread! Whoops.

A surfing dog?! fucked around with this message at 11:07 on Mar 25, 2019