Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Air Skwirl posted:

She's a mutant now and they haven't revealed what her mutant power is.

Call it a wild hunch but I think it miiiight be big energy fists/platforms/etc like in her series.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Those aren't even her mutant power though they're just from the negabands

glitchwraith
Dec 29, 2008

site posted:

Those aren't even her mutant power though they're just from the negabands

I don't know if they've fully explained it, but I was under the impression that the bands just activated her powers, but where no longer required for her to use them.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
I can't check on it right now but I thought the end conversation with Bruno was him saying like, "oh by the way in addition to your magic space bands it turns out you're also a mutant"

glitchwraith
Dec 29, 2008

site posted:

I can't check on it right now but I thought the end conversation with Bruno was him saying like, "oh by the way in addition to your magic space bands it turns out you're also a mutant"

Same. I want to say she uses her powers briefly without the bands at the end of the Marvels, though I suppose they haven't confirmed if they are her mutant powers or a side effect of her djinn heritage and/or the bands.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

site posted:

In the second episode during the training montage Bruno says the power comes from Kamala, not the bangle. "It's like the bangle unlocked a superhuman part of you."

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Ah okay I stand corrected

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

thetoughestbean posted:

So what’s going on with Spider-Man right now? He’s Spider-Goblin again? I thought that got sorted out already

They haven't started the storyline yet. I'm hoping whatever the reason it's to keep Norman as a good guy. He's so much better as a supporting character on Peter's side dealing with his past than he is a villain.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Codependent Poster posted:

They haven't started the storyline yet. I'm hoping whatever the reason it's to keep Norman as a good guy. He's so much better as a supporting character on Peter's side dealing with his past than he is a villain.

Yeah, I like a good villain redemption story but it always sucks to see it get undone (still peeved at how dumb Superior Spider-Man's reversion to Doc Ock was). I know status quo is king and even if it's not Wells, some writer down the road is gonna make Norman turn heel again, but it's always a bummer to see happen.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.

TwoPair posted:

Yeah, I like a good villain redemption story but it always sucks to see it get undone (still peeved at how dumb Superior Spider-Man's reversion to Doc Ock was). I know status quo is king and even if it's not Wells, some writer down the road is gonna make Norman turn heel again, but it's always a bummer to see happen.

Yes.

Though Hawkeye is still a hero, Black Widow too. Notable exceptions.

Lucifunk
Nov 11, 2005

Ziglar isn't my favorite writer. I haven't liked anything he has written for Marvel. Like if Slott decided he was a hip cool kid. Miles Morales, hugely popular character beyond comics, and he's done that What If Miles was Thor that managed to offend a ton of people and given him an electric sword. Just mid at the highest highs. I'm also middle aged, so maybe it's me being older than the character's parents.

Also saying all that in public when no one else corroborated his comments either means he's full of poo poo (doubtful) or he just gave a pile of lovely people a new talking point. I can't imagine corporate is thrilled at the interview.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

ImpAtom posted:

Why kill her off for synergy but keep her powers the same?

I think they're wary of changing her powers in the comics as they're such an intrinsic part of the character's most popular appearances (and kind of core to a lot of the early themes Wilson was exploring)

Rochallor
Apr 23, 2010

ふっっっっっっっっっっっっck
Plus, they only changed her powers in the show because they have like 73 presets in Premiere for energy_blast_s and making somebody with stretchy powers would be 1.03% more expensive. That is not an issue in the comics.

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

It's an issue for the comics too
So few times I saw Reed Richards stretching and thought " that looks cool"

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
When Quasar had negabands it was basically a green lantern ring, when Captain Marvel (original) one they did .. . sparkles when he flew???

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Upsidads posted:

It's an issue for the comics too
So few times I saw Reed Richards stretching and thought " that looks cool"

Well Reed barely stretches these days honestly. North has him doing it more often (in creative ways) nowadays, but it seems like by and large most writers for the past several years now have just settled on Reed's real superpower being "doing science poo poo" and sometimes he can use his stretchy powers to grab Bunsen burners that are allll the way across the lab...

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Rick posted:

When Quasar had negabands it was basically a green lantern ring, when Captain Marvel (original) one they did .. . sparkles when he flew???

The Quantum Bands are different from the Nega Bands!

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Earth-1145 is truly the best!
A world of singing, magic frogs,
high adventure, no shitposters

Lucifunk posted:

Ziglar isn't my favorite writer. I haven't liked anything he has written for Marvel. Like if Slott decided he was a hip cool kid. Miles Morales, hugely popular character beyond comics, and he's done that What If Miles was Thor that managed to offend a ton of people and given him an electric sword. Just mid at the highest highs. I'm also middle aged, so maybe it's me being older than the character's parents.
Ziglar is
a) about twenty years younger than Slott
b) not the writer of What If Miles Morales is Thor, that was Yehudi Mercado

Lucifunk
Nov 11, 2005

Never let facts get in the way of comics complaining! Thanks for the clarification though, seriously.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."
Ultimate black panther felt like 5 pages long, I need more!

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.

Kingtheninja posted:

Ultimate black panther felt like 5 pages long, I need more!

This but for Roxxon's Thor.

nemesis_hub
Nov 27, 2006

Chinston Wurchill posted:

Such a good and hilarious issue, love Al Ewing.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Chinston Wurchill posted:

Wait, there's really a comic with that name? I thought it was an comic in-joke in the actual Thor book?

Edit:

nemesis_hub posted:

Well, this post wasn't here a minute ago. Gonna get the issue ASAP.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Saoshyant posted:

Wait, there's really a comic with that name? I thought it was an comic in-joke in the actual Thor book?

It's both!

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

nemesis_hub posted:

The best use of Greg Land art ever. That whole issue was basically that episode of American Dad where Fung Wa Industries slowly takes over the whole thing, plot and branding. Fantastic.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.

Jiro posted:

The best use of Greg Land art ever. That whole issue was basically that episode of American Dad where Fung Wa Industries slowly takes over the whole thing, plot and branding. Fantastic.

This is the only time I’ve suffered Land art in recent years, BECAUSE it’s artificiality fit the story

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

I just read it now. I didn't entirely realize what I was getting into until Thor summoned his Cybertruck. This book is an absolute treasure.

mutantIke
Oct 24, 2022

Born in '04
Certified Zoomer

TwoPair posted:

Well Reed barely stretches these days honestly. North has him doing it more often (in creative ways) nowadays, but it seems like by and large most writers for the past several years now have just settled on Reed's real superpower being "doing science poo poo" and sometimes he can use his stretchy powers to grab Bunsen burners that are allll the way across the lab...

Honestly not to be a dickrider but North is the perfect fit for FF, the characters and stories line up so well with his whole "giddy nerd" schtick. Who else would give us "Ben MacGuyvers an airspeed indicator using his old Air Force knowledge"?

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
god, thor was amazing

Snackmar
Feb 23, 2005

I'M PROGRAMMED TO LOVE THIS CHOCOLATY CAKE... MY CIRCUITS LIGHT UP FOR THAT FUDGY ICING.

Joe Fisto posted:

This is the only time I’ve suffered Land art in recent years, BECAUSE it’s artificiality fit the story

I think he'd be great on some kind of mecha title or other robot-related book, I like how he draws Iron Man. (like the armour, not Tony)

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

No door handles? That's so futuristic!

He devoted almost three pages to clowning on the Cyber Truck. Al Ewing is a treasure.

mutantIke posted:

Honestly not to be a dickrider but North is the perfect fit for FF, the characters and stories line up so well with his whole "giddy nerd" schtick. Who else would give us "Ben MacGuyvers an airspeed indicator using his old Air Force knowledge"?

I've heard some people complain about the lack of long term arc in the series so far but I'm enjoying the hell out of the nearly one off issues. The most recent one was above and beyond.

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY

site posted:

god, thor was amazing

It really was. The kicker being Dario's monologue at the end. "Yeah, this is embarrassing to the point of parody. Laugh all you like, any brain cell spent on thinking about us just makes us more money."

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

I can’t remember, why’s Dario got a skull head now?

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
He got put in the flesh melter by Xemnu during Immortal Hulk. He got better, apparently, but his face didn't.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

That Cybertruck equivalent was loving hilarious

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
I got my hashtagRoxxOff for Roxxon!

Diet Poison
Jan 20, 2008

LICK MY ASS
Is Roxxon Presents Thor just a one-shot or are they doing more of these? I haven't been reading this run of Thor but had to check out this issue and it gave me a hearty chuckle indeed, friends*.

[*anonymous people on the internet]

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Joe Fisto posted:

He got his face eaten by the leopards

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Diet Poison posted:

Is Roxxon Presents Thor just a one-shot or are they doing more of these? I haven't been reading this run of Thor but had to check out this issue and it gave me a hearty chuckle indeed, friends*.

[*anonymous people on the internet]

One shot. And I had to explain to my local comic store owner that this was practically the next issue of Immortal Thor. Unfortunately he didn’t order the same amount as he does for the main book.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

Joe Fisto posted:

In-story, because Xemnu ate it.

But the real reason is that now he's literally mask-off capitalism.

He's so awful. It's kind of incredible.