Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
https://twitter.com/DiscussingFilm/status/1780952997083988184

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FoneBone
Oct 24, 2004
stupid, stupid rat creatures
figured a Marvel/Aliens comic was inevitable after Predator vs. Wolverine, but would not have expected it to come from Hickman

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Not sure how this is gonna work but it's Hickman so I'll give it a shot

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Now that this is finally happening I'm expecting avengers/star wars by next year

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

:hmmyes:

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
OK hear me out: Why would the Xenomorph even be a threat in this scenario

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.

Gologle posted:

Man Hawkeye is so hosed.

Karma Tornado
Dec 21, 2007

The worst kind of tornado.

Gologle posted:

you could do it like WildCATs/Aliens and have the xenomorphs kill like two thirds of an unrelated-to-the-title team in between issues of their own book so the Avengers can be like "my god! what could have done this to Box from Alpha Flight?"

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
I mean I'm pretty sure xenos could actually hurt most of the avengers physically and plant embryos in Carol and Thor. The brood are essentially the same thing, and have done this several times

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Gologle posted:

It’s Aliens not Alien, so there are likely a bunch of them.

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

*a foul hooting fills the air*

This Brood rebrand feels weird.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Karma Tornado posted:

you could do it like WildCATs/Aliens and have the xenomorphs kill like two thirds of an unrelated-to-the-title team in between issues of their own book so the Avengers can be like "my god! what could have done this to Box from Alpha Flight?"

Having his body destroyed has never stopped Box before.

Edit: poo poo I was thinking of Sasquatch. That’s the guy who went through bodies like crazy.

Gripweed fucked around with this message at 16:27 on Apr 18, 2024

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
he's still in doc samson's body!

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Would the Captain America Xenomorph bring them Democracy?

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i don't think carol would have much trouble handling the brood's idiot cousins all by herself. the brood are capable of communication, complex plans, operating space ships, etc. pretty much the only thing alien aliens have over the brood is the acid blood.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
What would happen if a Xenomorph infected a Brood?

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Yeah the Brood are like super aliens. It's hard to picture aliens being a threat to anyone but the human Avengers.

Since they're talking about the aliens reaching Earth I figure it's going to be more like how can they save everyone else and dealing with overwhelming numbers.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Codependent Poster posted:

Yeah the Brood are like super aliens. It's hard to picture aliens being a threat to anyone but the human Avengers.

Since they're talking about the aliens reaching Earth I figure it's going to be more like how can they save everyone else and dealing with overwhelming numbers.

I feel positive that'll be it. That's basically what DC's done with their Justice League vs. Godzilla vs. Kong series where they're like "well one kaiju obviously wouldn't be a threat but what about every kaiju around the world at once?"

Lucifunk
Nov 11, 2005

Kelly Thompson's last story in her Captain Marvel run had Carol gets captured by a queen I believe. That whole run was great imo.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

he's still in doc samson's body!

...so where's Doc Samson then?

:ohdear:

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

TwoPair posted:

I feel positive that'll be it. That's basically what DC's done with their Justice League vs. Godzilla vs. Kong series where they're like "well one kaiju obviously wouldn't be a threat but what about every kaiju around the world at once?"

...isn't that what Godzilla and Kong fight in their movies anyway? Shouldn't the League just make it easier?

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
OK now I'm going to post an even hotter take: Godzilla alone can solo most superheroes

catlord
Mar 22, 2009

What's on your mind, Axa?

Well, I'm excited. I need to pick up the Wolverine vs. Predator trade, last time I popped into my comic store they had it, but it was Tuesday so it wasn't on sale yet.

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

Gologle posted:

OK now I'm going to post an even hotter take: Godzilla alone can solo most superheroes

He does a number on Supes in the comic lol

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Is it really a hot take to say Godzilla can beat a lot of heroes? It's Godzilla!

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

When are we getting Aliens vs Brood?

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Saving that for Aliens vs X-Men.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Open Marriage Night posted:

Saving that for Aliens vs X-Men.

Going to be the sexiest comic Marvel ever puts out when Broo and Xenomorph Queen hook up.

90sgamer
Jun 28, 2023

X-O posted:

When are we getting Aliens vs Brood?

I need this

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Not sure how this is gonna work but it's Hickman so I'll give it a shot

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Goons in this thread like "oh and I GUESS that Ribic guy too, I suppose, whatever"

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

The Quantum Bands are different from the Nega Bands!

Oh drat for some reason I always confused this.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Lobok posted:

Goons in this thread like "oh and I GUESS that Ribic guy too, I suppose, whatever"

The art isn't in question. It's gonna look great. The question is what is Hickman going to come up with to make this a good story, since it seems like the Avengers wouldn't actually be in danger to the xenomorphs.

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

*a foul hooting fills the air*

The art isn't in question. It's gonna look great. The question is what is Hickman going to come up with to make this a good story, since it seems like the Avengers wouldn't actually be in danger to the xenomorphs.

If Kyle Rayner can lose his ring in an Alien story, anything is possible. No matter how sully.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

What happens if an Alien gets the symbiote?

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
The aliens are all actually versions of Kang.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Gripweed posted:

That’d be a good one. Symbiote queen, symbiote face huggers, and symbiote chest bursters could get pretty wild.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Gripweed posted:

Then we get more Knull content!

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

We're gonna get Eddie Brock, gooey disney queen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

Azubah posted:

We're gonna get Eddie Brock, gooey disney queen.

We are getting an actual Disney crossover in the "What If Donald Duck was Wolverine" so its possible