Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Maduo
Sep 8, 2006

You see all the colors.
All of them.

I liked it well enough as a fun magic guy story, but I don't yet see the justification for making a new set of characters when you have a perfectly good Dr. Strange standing right there.

Except Dimitri, I do like his vibe. More comics would be improved for dropping Hank Venture with a smartphone into the middle of them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maduo
Sep 8, 2006

You see all the colors.
All of them.

Mohawk Potato posted:

So I just saw some panels from the new ultimate spider-man and I just have to ask is it good? Will I be able to read a spider-man story that doesn’t piss me off something I haven’t been able to say in like 15 years

it's really more of a Uncle Ben story than a Spider-Man story, but it's a good Uncle Ben story so take that as you will.

Maduo
Sep 8, 2006

You see all the colors.
All of them.

rantmo posted:

I hope Ryan North's run on Fantastic Four lasts at least another 10 years.

It's not as bombastic as some runs, but reading it just feels cozy in a way I really enjoy. I love that no one looks completely stupid next to Reed or Val, everyone is the best version of intelligent for the person that they are.

Maduo
Sep 8, 2006

You see all the colors.
All of them.

North's triumph with Thing isn't expanding his powers (though the last page this issue hints at it,) it's remembering that a top air force pilot should be reasonably intelligent too, just not Reed or Sue levels. Casually building an airspeed indicator while in freefall is something Batman would do, but North walks us through why it's natural Ben can too.

Maduo
Sep 8, 2006

You see all the colors.
All of them.

glitchwraith posted:

I think Covid delays derailed a lot of planned Marvel books, and the X-Men books where no exception. Though, I can't say for certain if the Five where a victim of that or not. I do think the Five could have made a great team book if you found something for them to do outside of resurrecting people, which would make a rather boring narrative on it's own.

The Five are pretty hard to write a book around when the first info block about them says doing resurrections is really chill for them and they all really love each other and have no issues with doing nothing but return people all day, especially Proteus don't worry about him at all.

That is maybe better than any implications made by not stating that up front, but it doesn't give The Five much room for stories beyond being another lever of political power in Krakoa. IIRC, they were supposed to feature in X-Factor more?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maduo
Sep 8, 2006

You see all the colors.
All of them.

X-Force is probably the closest to what you're describing. Black Tom is connected to Krakoa constantly and talks a lot about the discomfort of it.