Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
After a series of reboots and rejiggerings from Marvel NOW! through Generations and Legacies, the declaration the diversity doesn't sell, the ousting of Axel Alonso and placment of Akira Yoshida as Editor in Chief, Marvel...well it's having a bit of a crisis. DC is making big moves into the OGN, trade, and YA markets while Marvel doesn't seem to know what it wants. Having cancelled several diverse titles before the first trades even came out, Marvel now looks to be reversing course of some as sales figures come back.* Titles like West Coast Avengers will attempt to salvage characters from others as a team book.

Will they be successful?? Find out next month! Excelsior!!!

*Look for Unstoppable Wasp in October! -Ed

Previous Thread

site fucked around with this message at 17:09 on Jun 29, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Marketing says this is how we get a boost in post count

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Dang you're right I should've ran 4 concurrent teaser threads for a few months before merging them into a return of the marvel thread

site fucked around with this message at 18:38 on Jun 29, 2018

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
2099 is future proofing the thread since x-o never changes the title when the next year rolls around

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

cant cook creole bream posted:

So what's your long term plan? That's only a few decades! You doomed the future.

On the contrary im being extremely optimistic that human civilization will make it past 2020

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
I decided to check out that new super hero adventures kids line to see if it was any fun but this muscular pseudo chibi art is creepy as gently caress

site fucked around with this message at 19:35 on Jun 30, 2018

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
https://twitter.com/ryanqnorth/status/1013560289009324032?s=19

Gwenpool...????????

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
maybe mephisto wants revenge for them beating his rear end and rescuing gwens brother

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Cancelling Gwenpool is the biggest editorial mistake since avengers 200

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Diet Poison posted:

Does Gwenpool's power set extend to being able to travel in and out of the Marvel Universe at will? I don't really remember the whole deal with her future self at the end of the run. It'd be neat they could keep her going with limited runs and stuff. She's approaching "so powerful it's hard to convincingly write around" levels, but so are at least 10 other heroes so whatever.

If you want to classify panel space as outside the universe then yeah you could say that

TheHan posted:

And while I really enjoyed Gwenpool it ending on a meta story where she tries to prevent her inevitable cancellation but doesn’t want to become the character people expect her to be to sell books is awesome, and there’s no telling if we’d get that story if the book kept going.

I mean the whole moral of the story for that arc was that even if the book is cancelled it's never really The End for her so I don't see why not

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

TheHan posted:

That’s also why I’m fine with Unbelievable ending where it did. The whole final issue was about Gwen coming to terms with her story ending, since she realizes that she’ll have other stories down the road and it’s okay if things end for now. It’d be weird to immediately keep going after hammering that home.

Alternatively 5 months without gwenpool is a crime against humanity and I'm filling a petition with the Hague

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
tbh was kinda disappointed in cosmic ghost rider but tnc's cap is off to a strong start

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
there is a death in death of the inhumans 1 that will shake the marvel universe down to its very core

marvel rising was fun

immortal hulk still good tho not nearly as dark as 1

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Codependent Poster posted:

Swear to God it had better not be Lockjaw

if it makes you feel any better you can not read it and itll get retconned in 8 months anyways

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
I think marvel committing genocide on two different ethnicities on the same day so casually is actually a good distillation of how they view marginalzed groups at the company

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
The eternals all got killed off in avengers

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
https://twitter.com/Newsarama/status/1015272350525329410?s=19

E: wut
https://twitter.com/TheBigBang_/status/1015272102847541248?s=19

site fucked around with this message at 18:11 on Jul 6, 2018

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Nilbop posted:

USAvengers and Loki are not what anyone thinks of when they say prestige books.

There was that first 6 issues of ultimates

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Synthbuttrange posted:

Which first 6?

Ummm issues 1 through 6...??? before it became a cw2 tiein and went off the rails

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
How many ultimates series did Ewing write

Skwirl posted:

I think he was making a joke about how it was something like the 6th comic titled Ultimates.

It's 7am too early for jokes I need coffee

site fucked around with this message at 17:11 on Jul 9, 2018

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
There was that clone saga 1 and a half that brought back Ben Reilly and Kaine too

That was where I stopped bothering to read Spidey books

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Covok posted:

How is it hard? Spider-Man and Mary Jane are a couple. They have couple problems. Mary Jane's personality was defined in the Steve Ditko/Stan Lee run. Make her that but grown up. Have her involved with his life, like spouses tend to be. Have her have her own problems. Have them intersect like Peter and Spider-Man's problems do.

Also, give them a kid. Because that way parents can relate and kids can relate.

Siri, show me the venn diagram of people who wrote married Spider-Man and have always been single, are vocally misogynist, and/or have been divorced

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Im still bummed tom is no longer writing but i loved that whole scene

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
gabby being this kid who just loves being a hero and fighting bad guys down to her core brings a smile to my face every time i read something with her in it

i dread the day she gets stuck on champions and gets all angsty

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Unkempt posted:

Kind of enjoying Exiles, but I'm not sure having Kamala Khan dying in a suicide bombing is very good optics Marvel.

Lol you're really reaching here

I definitely agree with everyone saying the arc has some major pacing issues tho

Was this issue the first time it was mentioned kamala had ended up marrying Bruno?

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

also since im guessing no one else is reading it, zemo is attempting to break out nazicap in this issue, we'll see how that plays out

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
The current arc is an "atoning for sins thing" which is why Natasha and Bucky are helping him out and it involves Hydra

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
shoutout to whoever it was that predicted she-hulk as squirrel girls lawyer

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Endless Mike posted:

There's only two lawyers in the Marvel U and one is currently a prosecutor.

now theres three cuz ryan created a new one and even gave her a name

e:

e2
https://twitter.com/cracksh0t/status/1017868637816934410

site fucked around with this message at 20:30 on Jul 14, 2018

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Gaz-L posted:

...That footnote joke physically hurt me.

same, had to share the pain

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

X-O posted:

Well we all know if he was defending himself then somehow Reed would be wrangled into being prosecutor just so we could keep establishing the known and irrefutable fact that Reed is superior at everything.

did reed act as his own council in the trial of reed richards arc

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
i will *cough* accept this offering of major domino kusanagi for *clears throat, tugs collar* no reason

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
shuri getting her own book :discourse:

https://twitter.com/Nnedi/status/1019256750774652928?s=19

site fucked around with this message at 21:44 on Jul 17, 2018

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
The followup on how jj is gonna work is kinda interesting

https://twitter.com/79SemiFinalist/status/1019590740416950272?s=19

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Im gonna give it a shot, but im gonna set the bar juuuust above floor level

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Carol books are always hyped but aren't actually that great

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
What wheres the wca preview at

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
i kinda love that the celestials in avengers are just casually a gay couple and howard stark is in hell

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Wow I just got done with Jessica Jones and I really enjoyed that. Kelly had a great handle on the characters, the art fit, 40 pages, the surprise drop, just all of it

E: rip spider-gwen

I enjoyed all the different art styles immortal hulk had for the different versions of the story

Del Mundo art was made for Thor, just so good

Life of captain marvel was okay I guess

E2: i just love the way this looks

site fucked around with this message at 20:41 on Jul 19, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
yeah i have to give him credit that was pretty cool, im glad he recognized her talent