Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

Frank isn't cosmic ghost rider anymore? I really liked that design.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

Is she staying in her more monster form? I liked it.

It also made some people very mad.

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

Throg commanding those Avengers is going to rule.

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

Didn't ultimate sabertooth or someone in the ultimate x-men lineup bust out four claws to prove he was superior to wolverine at one point?

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

Xmen vs Eternals is gonna be interesting because only one side can keep coming back from the dead.

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

That depends on current leadership and if they're okay with a human dying for the resurrection.

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

I think they got married.

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

Beyond was okay until the final act, how they ended it was poo poo.

Make more Black Cat & MJ adventures, that was fun and the highlight of the entire arc.

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

Not keen on (Devil's Reign spoiler) Fisk just getting to leave and have a happy ending.

I know it'll be reversed eventually.

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

Was empyre the evil plants or am I thinking of another giant cross over?

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

I thought that was Knull and he just stood around and didn't do anything.

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

Kitty symbiote is pretty awesome. I hope Dylan gets more animal themed friends.

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

Ultraman was just a boring comic, nothing about it really showed what was interesting about the character/setting. I also felt the 6 issue runs didn't give it enough time to really tell anything interesting.

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

Gripweed posted:

The big problem is that it jettisoned everything interesting about the original character and setting. The optimism and faith in humanity's potential is gone, it's not an ensemble piece, the SSSP isn't a group of professional, talented adults working together for the greater good, there isn't a huge variety of monsters and aliens. And instead of solid episodic stories we get a vague and uninteresting overarching plot that promises to eventually go somewhere, at some point in the future, assuming the series doesn't get canceled.

Agreed, it's missing what made it special in order to make a mystery.

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

Holy poo poo damage control was bad.

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

The current run was okay, I liked the recent cosmic stuff. I really like the covers, they're very shiny.

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

Rhyno posted:

well i hate myself and get a weird satisfaction in torture reading

You can read the new damage control if you want to do that.

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

I thought the sidekick was the building of unspeakable horrors?

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

Jubilee should've stayed as a vampire.

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

And Blade is the sheriff.

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

And Bats.

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

I'm just glad Genis is back, he's cool.

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

I dunno, the bad jokes feel out of place in dark web. People are getting mulched and murdered and Spidey literally said "so that happened"

The tongue and cheek vibe doesn't mesh with how grim everything looked.

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

I forget which recent X-Men run, but it had Jubilee being reincarnated over and over again until she got something right.

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

That might be it, it had dark beast being a jerk too.

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

Does Black Cat still have bad luck powers?

Then MJ is allowed to have luck powers (in the form of a slot machine), kinda reminds me of the dial H stuff.

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

Strange is awesome, it's one of the better series available.

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

Did they just decide to give up on dark web half way? It wrapped up pretty quickly.

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

Morally grey is cool but it sounds like it's going to be wrapped up in the next issue? Feels like this could've been an expanded one shot.

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

He's going to rush in and save Strange from that weird evil eye, then go on a walk after a nap.

It'll make a billions in the box office.

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

Is Scarlet Witch a mini series or ongoing? It's an neat set up and I'm enjoying it but I don't know how much staying power it has.

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

Recent Black Cat and MJ was pretty great and directly answered my suspicion about BC's bad luck powers.

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

I still don't know what the hell the big mystery for ASM is. I prefer the current Spiderverse story going on, it had a very cool set up re-contextualizing Peter in 616 if he was never bitten.

I guess starship Hulk is over, it was a neat idea and I like the refuge planet he's on right now.

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

Codependent Poster posted:

People are mad that MJ and Peter aren't together. You'd think they'd get over it since Marvel has made it clear that with the people in charge they're never going to let them get married again, but people still complain. And still read/buy the comic.

It's a perfectly fine Spider-Man story.

It didn't help that the last run ended with them getting back together, then we got the everyone is mad at Peter and they're apart mystery in this run that's only now getting explained.

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

glitchwraith posted:

Moon Knight becomes the new Deadpool.

Does Marc really need another personality?

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

Gripweed posted:

That new Predator comic is not good.

I like it more than whatever avengers beyond is trying to do.

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

SwissArmyDruid posted:

Just couldn't loving leave Magneto (padding out the spoiler, doo dee doo) dead for very long, huh?

Very rude to maim those dudes, they were not hurting anyone.

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

Tato posted:

It's very obvious from Marauders and the 2 Spider-Man 2099 series that Steve Orlando is well versed in all sorts of 2099 minutia and able to drop in tiny details that make a 2099 nerd like me very happy. He has even incorporated stuff from the 2099 one-shots that came out in 2019. Unfortunately, the writing of all these series is not very compelling outside the references and the setting :(

Agreed. There's some very neat ideas in there and I like what's being presented, it's just not being told very well.

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

MCU Spidey now is in a really poo poo situation, probably the most bummer version of the character.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

The new series is weird. I get the impression it wants to explore its themes deeper but doesn't know how to go about them.

And it's Gaiman, I know he has the chops for it.