Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pitwar
Jul 19, 2008

Who's your mate?!
I still don't really get the point of the hot claws. It's not like the standard adamantium claws aren't deadly enough. Seems like putting a hat on a hat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pitwar
Jul 19, 2008

Who's your mate?!

Professor Dog posted:

Remember when Bendis became infatuated with characters recounting the events of the comic as if they were being interviewed after the fact? And then entire issues would just be made up of talking heads? Good times.

This is how every issue of his LoSH run starts.

I'm reading month by month and it's annoying, so I dread to think how it'll feel reading it in trade.

Pitwar
Jul 19, 2008

Who's your mate?!
I don't read a single thing from Marvel at the moment, but I'm interested in FF Life Stories now I know that exists. How is it? I enjoyed the Spider-Man series.

Pitwar
Jul 19, 2008

Who's your mate?!

Dawgstar posted:

Sal Buscema on Spectacular was another artist who I did not appreciate at the time because I was reading them alongside McFarlane and Larsen who were 'cool' (and who I have seen cooled on) but is really, really good. The days when somebody would draw a comic for eight years - and he drew the Hulk for a decade - are gone and I kinda regret that.

Same. Back when I was reading the Clone Saga stuff I always dreaded Spectacular coming out as I hated Sal's art. Looking back I don't know what I was thinking, but teenagers are weird.

Pitwar
Jul 19, 2008

Who's your mate?!

Esplanade posted:

This is reminding me of the lyrics from something, but I can't quite place it and it's driving me nuts.

E: Got it!

Rock on by Nathaniel David Essex.

Virginia Plain by Roxy Music?

The last line is "What's her name Virginia plain" and it goes perfectly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pitwar
Jul 19, 2008

Who's your mate?!

The Grumbles posted:

Hey all, I'd like to give a physical comics subscription a go - partly because the new ultimate universe feels like a good jumping on point and I enjoyed reading the first couple of Ultimate Spider-Man issues digitally (after I've felt exhausted trying to jump into the House of X stuff that feels like it's being constantly crushed by the weight of all its own exposition and character histories). Can anyone recommend a good subscription service in the UK? I've signed up to Forbidden Planet, but their postage costs seem a little pricey.

I use Ace Comics for my sub here in the UK. They are brilliant. You generally get your comics on release day or the day after at latest.

You can decide if you want them sent first or second class post so that may save you some cash if you're happy to wait a bit longer.