Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

srypher
Jun 3, 2011

Really?
Wow Iron Cat continues to be so good. Really hoping Mackay takes over Iron Man after Cantwell.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

srypher
Jun 3, 2011

Really?
Oh boy Savage Avengers is so fun every issue, loved this week's. The new Dan Slott Spider-Man series seems really promising too! Had a great time w/ #1

srypher
Jun 3, 2011

Really?
Great week for Marvel Comics! Ryan North kicked off his run on FF w/ a really strong #1, and Moon Knight continues to be one of my favorite ongoings. Was really surprised with how much I liked Sentinel of Liberty this week given I had really lost interest in the arc.

srypher
Jun 3, 2011

Really?
Great issue of Strange this week, love what they're doing with W.A.N.D. and the Blasphemy Cartel. Director None has an awesome design!

srypher
Jun 3, 2011

Really?
https://twitter.com/jedmackay/status/1600909025218105364

Hell yeah Vulpes! Clea Strange has been awesome, so I'm super excited for this run + can't wait to see Ferry's art

srypher
Jun 3, 2011

Really?
My FLCS usually doesn’t order enough to get ratio variants, but saw they had a 1:25 for Dark Web and splurged. Really nice wraparound cover by Stegman.

srypher
Jun 3, 2011

Really?
Did Marvel Unlimited change their release schedule or something? I see X-Men #17 and Immortal X-Men #8 available to read on unlimited - could just be a bug I guess.

srypher
Jun 3, 2011

Really?
Savage Avengers is so dang fun

srypher
Jun 3, 2011

Really?
Story seems to be heading in a direction where Beast will be getting his comeuppance soon, but it also has felt like a bit of a stretch that he’s gotten away with so much already.

srypher
Jun 3, 2011

Really?

Soonmot posted:

The story is also about Sage hitting her own rock bottom, but building herself back up from it. That's been playing out in the background of the issues since the start with her drinking intensifying and came to a head the other issue where Domino died because Sage was passed out on monitor duty.

Yeah I’ve actually really enjoyed what they’ve done with Sage’s story these last couple issues. I guess I just mean things seem pretty untenable with Beast having a outer space black ops station where he tests biological and chemical weapons, and also (seemingly w/ Hope’s knowledge and cooperation??) lobotomized Wolvie because he got fed up with Beast’s necessary evil bullshit. My assumption is Percy’s overall story with X-Force and Wolverine is going to climax with Beast getting what he deserves.

srypher
Jun 3, 2011

Really?

FoneBone posted:

asking in advance of the new Timeless one-shot dropping tomorrow: in spite of last year's tease Miracleman never showed up anywhere in the Marvel Universe, did he? The variant covers from a few months back don't count.

So far they’ve been reprinting stories from Gaiman’s run, should start with new stories in an issue or two. At that point that promise might materialize.

srypher
Jun 3, 2011

Really?
They should just go all in and have Arcade hook Tony up to a breathalyzer that’ll blow up Manhattan if he blows below a .15 like that Jason Statham movie Crank

srypher
Jun 3, 2011

Really?
The current Namor miniseries Cantwell is writing is really solid too. I liked his Iron Man run a good amount, one of Tony's better runs since Fraction

srypher
Jun 3, 2011

Really?

Tato posted:

Given the content of the latest issue and the fact that it's not in the March 2023 solicits, I'm guessing Savage Avengers might be ending again. Alas, I am always a sucker for a trip to 2099 and enjoyed the last arc if it is indeed the final one. Considering picking up the Omnibus later this year due to the weird legal situation of this comic.

It's been such a fun ride. I really like Pepose's narration, I think it makes it gives it a very golden-agey tone. I think it'd be a stretch for him to write the main Avengers title, but the timeline does seem to match up a bit if Savage ends in February.

srypher
Jun 3, 2011

Really?

wiegieman posted:

I thought it was dumb at first, but I've decided to just have fun with the current Punisher run.

Frank vs Ares is such a cool concept, to me it’s way more fun than the main Hand storyline

srypher
Jun 3, 2011

Really?
Looks like Avengers is going back on my pull list. Congrats Vulpes!

srypher
Jun 3, 2011

Really?

Azubah posted:

Is Scarlet Witch a mini series or ongoing? It's an neat set up and I'm enjoying it but I don't know how much staying power it has.

I think it’s an ongoing - that’s what the Wikipedia page for current Marvel publications says at least

srypher
Jun 3, 2011

Really?

Endless Mike posted:

I did and have no clue what happened. Sure was pretty though.

srypher
Jun 3, 2011

Really?
Anyone have strong opinions on Eve Ewing’s work? Not sure if I’m going to keep BP on my pull list through the next volume. Will probably at least check out Photon before deciding

srypher
Jun 3, 2011

Really?

site posted:

i enjoyed her ironheart but unfortunately her next gig was supposed to be champions but she got saddled with the both lovely and ill-timed (covid hit right when it was supposed to get off the ground) outlawed event, so it died unceremoniously. tbh i haven't actually read photon yet so i don't know how that one is :ohdear:

she's taking over bp? didn't the other guy just start a few months ago?

Yeah current run is going to end with #15, I've enjoyed this run quite a bit so I'm a little bummed. I didn't realize Savage Avengers was ending either but it just wrapped up with #10

srypher
Jun 3, 2011

Really?
https://twitter.com/CaptainAmerica/status/1631335382657769491

Sentinel of Liberty has been so, so good. This new costume makes me think Sharon is taking the Destroyer mantle after that last issue.

srypher
Jun 3, 2011

Really?

Thranguy posted:

Back to horror Hulk looks like.

PKJ has been great on Action Comics, looking forward to this

srypher
Jun 3, 2011

Really?
Has the new creative team for Hulk been announced yet? I saw David Pepose is writing an annual and I feel like he'd be a really solid writer for the character.

Also just saw some promo art for the new Avengers run and I love Vision's costume, very classic.

srypher
Jun 3, 2011

Really?
The 4 volumes of paperback omnis are pretty solid

srypher
Jun 3, 2011

Really?
Been reading the Carnage ongoing to get caught up on Carnage Reigns stuff and...it's actually pretty good?

srypher
Jun 3, 2011

Really?
https://twitter.com/DiscussingFilm/status/1664661555126861832

JMS going to be taking over Cap. Current run has been great, and the ongoing Cold War thing has been pretty solid but kinda excited to see what JMS does with the title.

srypher
Jun 3, 2011

Really?
The Blade: Vampire Nation one-shot from last year was pretty solid, he’s like the sheriff of fang city

srypher
Jun 3, 2011

Really?
What is this Hickman G.O.D.S. thing that’s getting teased? I saw a promo at the end of Moon Knight #26, is that implying Badr is going to be involved?

srypher
Jun 3, 2011

Really?
I’ve enjoyed the current Deadpool run but it’s kinda feeling less like a Deadpool comic and more like a springboard for the creator’s John Wick assassin organization ripoff. In the DC world Hawkgirl feels the same way, like the creator wanted to do a story with their OC from the YA comic they did but had to also use Hawkgirl.

srypher
Jun 3, 2011

Really?

Miles with a crotch mounted vampire flashlight and a cape sure is something

srypher
Jun 3, 2011

Really?
Is it a hot take to say I’m optimistic about the ultimate universe relaunch? Ultimate Universe #1 was pretty solid

srypher
Jun 3, 2011

Really?

Adun posted:

Didn’t the Maker stop the spider from biting Peter? Did I miss an explanation for what happened or we just have to wait for USM?

I believe Hickman said Peter gets his powers as an adult. in the ultimate universe one shot the spider that bit peter is part of the trove of superpower origin mcguffins the new ultimates (?) team recovers

srypher
Jun 3, 2011

Really?
I feel like ASM hasn’t been as bad as some people online grumble about for awhile. I thought the stuff w/ Goblin Peter didn’t feel like it had a lot of payoff but was otherwise pretty enjoyable. I think Norman’s characterization has definitely been a high point through the run. Caught up on the gang war stuff that’s been released so far and I really like the setup there, Luke Cage’s new costume is pretty slick.

srypher
Jun 3, 2011

Really?

Cartridgeblowers posted:

I'm also liking Gang War. Kinda feels like a weird Acts of Vengeance homage in some ways.

I think I don't understand Madame Masque, though. Like, what's her motivation? Like, ever?

I think making Tony Stark angry occasionally?

srypher
Jun 3, 2011

Really?
How is black bolt and Medusa’s marriage? absorbing man and titania seem like a healthy couple too

srypher
Jun 3, 2011

Really?
I definitely did not start crying towards the end of Moon Knight #30, not at all

srypher
Jun 3, 2011

Really?
I just learned about The Impossible Man and he named his kid WHAT?!?

srypher
Jun 3, 2011

Really?
Yeah I think Jack of Hearts and the fight club stuff was a lot of fun. Totally agree on cap as well, the Kelly & lanzing stuff was excellent & their thunderbolts is looking promising.

My top ten looks something like:

1) sins of sinister by gillen
2) ultimate invasion by hickman
3) moon knight by mackay
4) fantastic four by north
5) immortal x-men by gillen
6) captain america by lanzing & kelly
7) daredevil by zdarsky
8) doctor strange by mackay
9) incredible hulk by pkj
10) avengers inc by ewing

srypher fucked around with this message at 15:10 on Dec 27, 2023

srypher
Jun 3, 2011

Really?
jjj being a positive presence in peter's life makes me so happy, peter's reveal to him in zdarsky's run is one of my all-time favorite comic moments. i'm hoping they don't touch symbiote stuff with a ten foot pole at least for a while

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

srypher
Jun 3, 2011

Really?
Picked up my pull list for the last 2 weeks today and the shop owner told me A covers for USM #1 are already going for ~$50. I saw some listings on Ebay around that price, but are copies of a comic that came out just a week ago really going for that much already?