Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
The only things Carol should be doing whenever she's on screen, in any book, is getting drunk, being a bitch, and killing Skrulls, all hopefully at the same time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
Are you guys talking about the recent Doom mini where he and his wacky friend Kang get into shenanigans? I read a bit of it but dropped off, then I heard the finale was bad so I didn't bother to finish it.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
Man Beta Ray Bill is so good.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
Man, the Hulk is so cool you guys

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
I mean honestly that sounds pretty terrible, and if they are moving to Substack it might be because they are secretly terrible people themselves.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
So this is the new Iron Lad origin story I see...

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
Why is Spencer making all this so convoluted?

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
See, I actually don't mind Peter being miserable? It should be his default state of existence. I just don't know why everything is so complicated in this run.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
If that ever happens, I hope the X-Man whose superpower is everyone forgets him as soon as he's off panel returns.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
Wait is Dormammu on Boomerang's team?

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
I mean, if Dormammu really is Fred's bud then I wouldn't worry too much about it.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
Ah drat you're right, I was thinking of one of the Jack's. OK, Fred ded, rip.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
Why are there so many Jack O Lanterns?

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
Man I fuckin' love comic books you guys

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
Wow are you loving kidding me.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
So what are everyone's bets that it turns out it was Mysterio keikaku-ing everyone all along from before the very beginning?

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3

Literally there just needs to be one panel at the very last issue of Mysterio turning to the camera and winking and that's enough for me.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
The funny thing is, Spider-Man has been a teacher for mutants. It was actually a very good series too, and reveals that Sauron is just an rear end in a top hat.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
It's a good thing I don't care about X-Corp then. But how was New Mutants? Do they finally perma kill Shadow King?

EDIT: I think I read that post wrong, nevermind.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
I don't think anyone knows for sure, but it might have something to do with why Ewing signed up for that Subslack thing. It's a shame, I really though we were gonna dive deeper into the whole Morinus deal.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
Jim Shooter really was a controversial figure huh

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
Adjacent to this discussion, has it been retconned yet that Spider-Man's abilities are another branch of an attempt to recreate the Super Soldier serum again, for like the 5000th time? I feel like that's an obvious twist for a writer to pull one of these days, but I don't know if it's already been done.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
Bring back Spider-Man Loves Mary Jane with Gurihiru, you cowards

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
How we feeling about Defenders?

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
The Beyond corporation sounds familiar, but I could be confusing them with Roxxon, the company publicly owned and operated by an ancient magic minotaur.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
I think the issue is, for me at least, the Eternals are just worse New Gods. I already have Orion and Metron and Bekka and Big Barda and etc. at home, why should I go out to the store for other brands?

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
Speaking of, since I don't remember the ending very well, what happened to AIM? They're probably back to being supervillains again, but I really liked them under Roberto and was kind of hoping that would stick around a bit.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
Sunspot must be so disappointed right now, if he wasn't drowning in space money and bird waifu

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
I haven't read the old Strange stuff, but IIRC wasn't he called The Master of the Mystic Arts before he was called Sorcerer Supreme? Literally the only reason I know this is because of video games, so I could be mistaken.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
Man, Nick Fury was so cool back in the day.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
I did not enjoy the new Hulk issue, for all the reasons everyone else has already said. Will not be following this new run. The thing is, literally everyone already knew that it wasn't going to be the same, but it still disappointed me. The same advice still rings true: follow the writer, not the character.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
He was probably a big deal to the symbiotes themselves, but i dunno

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
So is Zdarsky's run on Daredevil over? I'll admit, I lost the plot a few times, mostly because I kept accidentally skipping issues. Did Electra's kid die? How is Matt out of prison? When did the Kingpin get remarried? Isn't Butch Kingpin's son? I thought Mike knew that Daredevil was Matt? Why is Mr. Fantastic fighting at street level? What does that last page imply? What about the clone Bullseyes?

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
Why didn't Daredevil just sell his marriage to the devil to fix his identity crisis instead of hiring a hypnotist?

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
OK now, to be fair, the Negative Zone isn't THAT bad. It's no Limbo, that's for sure.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
Isn't Clea already a Sorcerer Supreme, or am I confusing her with another female character?

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3

Siegkrow posted:

Anyone else gets whiplash from the new hulk series going from "the hulk alters are all a family who are trying to protect Bruce" to "SPACESHIP HULK WITH ABUSIVE BRUCE BANNER!"

I ain't reading that poo poo, lmao

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
Actually the Punisher loving owned in Superior Foes of Spider-Man.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
It was, objectively, better than Cates Hulk is right now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
I have only the vaguest idea of what a Hickman Spider-Man would even look like, but I can be excited about it.