Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AllNewJonasSalk
Apr 22, 2017

THUNDERDOME LOSER
I’m sure I’m very late on this but I recently read the new Ultimate Spider-Man stuff, and wow, Hickman really doesn’t miss.

It kind of makes me feel like I’m in middle school again discovering the original Ultimate Spider-Man series in the library for the first time, except this time Peter is old as gently caress and married with kids and clearly not happy with his life.

Like Ultimate Spider-Man seems to always hit when I’m personally at some sort of crossroads.

Edit: I should state that I’m not married with kids, but am profoundly unhappy with life just like your average 12 year old.

AllNewJonasSalk fucked around with this message at 12:30 on Mar 5, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AllNewJonasSalk
Apr 22, 2017

THUNDERDOME LOSER
I appreciate you fellow comics homie, Heavy Metal. I can agree that comics are good.

Recently I’ve been working through recent X-Men (I say work because it all feels physically taxing in a way that something like Quasar from Mark Gruenwald doesn’t) and I’m honestly kinda disappointed that the era seems to be coming to a close. American mainstream comics seem to have an aversion to ideas seriously shaking up the status quo. Like drat, I wanted to really get in deep on the Jean, Cyclops, Wolverine polycule but now I think I’ll never get the domestic sitcom I’ve been envisioning.

AllNewJonasSalk
Apr 22, 2017

THUNDERDOME LOSER

E: Lol my bad guys. I thought this was the X-Men thread where there was recently a conversation about how many creators can claim to have worked on X-Men, Avengers, and the FF.

AllNewJonasSalk fucked around with this message at 14:50 on Mar 10, 2024

AllNewJonasSalk
Apr 22, 2017

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Reading Avengers Twilight at the moment and I loving hate whenever they kill Spider-Man because it’s always so effective.