Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
Given the content of the latest issue and the fact that it's not in the March 2023 solicits, I'm guessing Savage Avengers might be ending again. Alas, I am always a sucker for a trip to 2099 and enjoyed the last arc if it is indeed the final one. Considering picking up the Omnibus later this year due to the weird legal situation of this comic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

It's very obvious from Marauders and the 2 Spider-Man 2099 series that Steve Orlando is well versed in all sorts of 2099 minutia and able to drop in tiny details that make a 2099 nerd like me very happy. He has even incorporated stuff from the 2099 one-shots that came out in 2019. Unfortunately, the writing of all these series is not very compelling outside the references and the setting :(

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

According to his GoFundMe, Peter David is back in the hospital with a bad infection :(

August solicitations came out, there's yet another Spider-Man 2099 limited series on deck but this time Peter David is writing and Venom 2099 is back

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

Literally laughed out loud at Symbiote Spider-Man #1 and Peter David taking the opportunity to go back to the last issue of the original series he wrote before getting kicked off. Even has a box telling you to go find Spider-Man 2099 #44 in the back issue bin. This is like the third time he's gone back to those issues to revise stuff Marvel hosed up in issues 45-46 and I never get tired of it.

I think Spidey 2099 has about 3-4 concurrent and different realities at the moment depending on who is writing him, with more to come (there's some 2099 event coming this summer).

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

Web of Spider-Man seems a bit pricy for what it is, but it was fine. From the content, it appears 2024 will be good for fans of spider clones and 2099.