Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tavarin
May 10, 2003

I am definitely a madman with a box

Skwirl posted:

I just read the spoilers. What the gently caress Marvel?

I don't think I've ever been affected by a potential comic book death before.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tavarin
May 10, 2003

cant cook creole bream posted:

Kelly Thompson might be one of the only writers who can make "the boss of space" look cool, so I'm excited to see her in that JJ book.

I thought it was a good first issue. I like how she's gotten Jessica's tone down and it's an interesting start to the mystery

Tavarin
May 10, 2003

radlum posted:

What comic was that? It sounds hearbreaking, but somehow I missed it.

https://www.marvel.com/comics/issue/3069/captain_universe_2005_2

Part of a random Captain Universe mini-series that had Captain Universe interact with Hulk, Daredevil, X-23, Invisible Woman and Silver Surfer.

Tavarin
May 10, 2003

DivineCoffeeBinge posted:

By the way MoS, while it's off-topic for this thread, you (and everyone else involved in the book holy poo poo) are killing it on Die

that is all

Die is amazing and everyone should be reading it.

Tavarin
May 10, 2003

site posted:

yeah, very much just the next issue of thor. if i hadnt kept up on it or only knew about thor from the movies i would probably have a ton of questions lol

a terrible joke, but one i could imagine ewing doing what he did specifically to make it

Betty actually transformed into a Harpy because of MODOK back in the '70s, but she was green.

Tavarin
May 10, 2003

JMS' page was amusing if only because of him trashing Sins Past.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tavarin
May 10, 2003

X-O posted:

Apparently reading around this is something Busiek came up with in 2000 and was going to be part of his run on Iron Man. He wrote on Twitter last month that it's not a Vietnam replacement and some characters that still have meaningful events that tied to Vietnam will retain that tie such as Frank Castle. He also said it's all his idea and if it fumbles then like everything else that doesn't work it'll be forgotten. So it's all on him to make it work.

It was also part of Waid's History of the Marvel Universe. But yeah I tend to agree that it's being done sloppily.