Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Like yeah I assume it's not the final boss in the sense that it's the last or most difficult boss in the game but it really doesn't make sense with the plot as presented up to that point.

Also I have no idea what skullbro's motivation was he seems like a less coherent version of Armstrong.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Did you play MGS3? That should sort of help.

But the real answer is because Hodeo Kojumbo.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Looper posted:

that's a really tricky situation because of how easy it is for your friend to start getting real defensive and see you as the bad guy if you express doubts about the relationship they still have faith in. like ultimately they have to come to that realization themself, no matter how terrible it is from the outside

however if someone accuses you of being in an unhealthy relationship, turning around and accusing them of the same thing is almost certainly a one-way ticket to bad times and hurt feelings

For me, it's less about turning around and accusing back and more that I just want to come clean and clear the air because I feel like there is tension between us because of my fight with her fiance and, as a result of said fight, she knows that I don't like her fiance now and I'd rather just come clean because I hadn't brought it up for the past 5 years because I didn't want to cause any trouble. It just kinda feels like if she's willing to take the steps to try and clear the air about her own thoughts on the relationship I have with KCB, then it should be fine for me to tell her my thoughts and also why I believe she's wrong.

I'm not going to do anything unless KCB says it is ok though because this person is KCB's best friend and also KCB gets anxious as hell when anything related to conflict comes up, regardless of who, where, when, fictional or real, etc etc etc, and as much as it's eating me up inside that this person with a psych degree told me that she thinks KCB's depression and anxiety are my fault and that she copied those traits from my own depression and anxiety, I refuse to go against KCB's word. This is just me asking for opinions and also me venting I guess because eh. First world problems and all that poo poo.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
the bright side of the x collection is that x7 and x8 are actual ports so this is legit gonna be the easiest way to play them on pc if those ports are functional, considering the old pc port of x7 is korea-only and x8's port is like a mid 2000s one so it's kind of a gamble whether it'll even work

but yeah if you have to buy one of them just buy vol 1 lmao

also i'd like to say that for anyone with a console who's interested in 20xx, that game uh has a really good feel, it nails the controls of mega man zero and zx, but its procgen is loving garbage and only illustrates how much its core concept of a procgen mega man is literally impossible to do in a way that's actually fun or interesting so the game isn't fun for more than like ten hours and then it just gets boring and repetitive and playing it will only serve to remind you that you could just be playing zero 2-4 instead

The Colonel fucked around with this message at 17:53 on Jul 1, 2018

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

FirstAidKite posted:

I initially wrote a lot of text here but it just resulted in me having to explain more and more about the situation at hand so I'm just going to try to keep this as simple and short as possible.

If you are friends (not best friends but more definitely more than acquaintances) with someone who was most definitely in something that can be described as an unhealthy relationship, is it okay to want to talk to them about that, or do you feel it is better to let them be because while you know it is unhealthy, you don't really have any business poking around in their relationship?

Additionally, if you don't think it's right to poke around and tell her your thoughts, does it suddenly become fine to tell her your thoughts if she accuses you of being in an unhealthy relationship first?

Imo you should bad mouth the couple to mutual friends for years until someone else does the dirty work for you. Unless its like violent or whatever then its probably best not to be a coward like moi

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon
Octopath and Captain Toad are my buys this month. Hey maybe I’ll finally finish and plat God of War since those are the only two good games releasing this month.

Real hurthling! posted:

Imo you should bad mouth the couple to mutual friends for years until someone else does the dirty work for you. Unless its like violent or whatever then its probably best not to be a coward like moi

Hey that’s my move don’t steal it

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Cpt toad demo had me going "oh ok i get it, cute but whatevs"

Octopath demo has me going "oh dammmmnnnn gimme dat now"

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Real hurthling! posted:

Cpt toad demo had me going "oh ok i get it, cute but whatevs"

Octopath demo has me going "oh dammmmnnnn gimme dat now"

Gonna say that the Scholar intro quest where you have to hunt down library books and beat up a colleague in the sewer and then your administrator harangues you about stuff you've published hits close to home

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

Yeah I actually like the character stories so far in Octopath a lot.

Supreme hype for that game

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

X6 is better than X5 and X3. Low bar I know, but it's true.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

The only good X is X3: Terran Conflict

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

chumbler posted:

x3 sucks but i'm not sure how you look at the level design in x6 and call it better

they gave x a z-saber and then made it feel like poo poo!

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

chumbler posted:

The only reason X6 can be seen in a positive light is because of the existence of X7 and X8

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

chumbler posted:

Nah, X6 is just a huge clusterfuck and a rushed out port job. That game is baaaad. The whole nightmare system feels like an afterthought, the fact certain Gate stages require you to use a certain armor (well last time I checked) to get through sucks. High Max sucks, Gate sucks.

Zombie Sigma is maybe the only ok thing, and he still sucks.

edit: YEAH

THAT.

You give X the Z saber, like a nice little callback to x3, and IT SUCKS. He only does the big slash and that's it.

Also only good thing is Zero is broken as gently caress in x6.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

OwlFancier posted:

I just finished MGSV

...what?

I don't understand anything.

E:

wait... was that only half the loving game????

never be game over

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

Opened my eyes.
I would probably buy a Megaman Zero Collection that had a larger screen canvas or something.

And also save states because Zero 1 is a loving pain in the rear end without those.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Samuringa posted:

I would probably buy a Megaman Zero Collection that had a larger screen canvas or something.

And also save states because Zero 1 is a loving pain in the rear end without those.

zero collection should just have an infinite lives cheat for zero 1 imo

i don't know why that game has such a pointlessly punishing lives system

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon

Andrast posted:

The only good X is X3: Terran Conflict

250 hours in and still no Duff McWhalen or Chill Penguin. Just a ton of space stations I had to use third party scripts to make into not a complete mess. This isn’t an X game at all!

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JVmXlRnfsCE

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

The stages in X6 (excluding Blaze Heatnix) at least generally tried to do something, which is more than can be said of X3.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

chumbler posted:

The stages in X6 (excluding Blaze Heatnix) at least generally tried to do something, which is more than can be said of X3.

x3's stages are a clusterfuck of garbage, x6's stages are a clusterfuck of gimmicky garbage

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
Blaze heatnix.

You mean those DONUT HOLES FROM HELL?!!

Also apparently those are dragons.

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

The zeroes are good games

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
mega man zero 3 and 4 are the pinnacle of mega man game design and it'd be cool to get versions with slightly bigger fields of view

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

the best mega man games are battle network 3, battle network 6, and tron bonne

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Weird of Capcom to charge $20 for X5 by itself.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Can't wait to play Red Faction: Guerrilla Remastered this month. I loved the original and I hope the remaster has a lot of improvements to the graphics.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

I said come in! posted:

Can't wait to play Red Faction: Guerrilla Remastered this month. I loved the original and I hope the remaster has a lot of improvements to the graphics.

I think acg had 20 mins of gameplay a few days ago

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

This makes Arby's Twitter look like garbage!

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Is there any particular reason to be killing enemies most of the time in Breath of the Wild?

It seems like I'm not really getting anything other than weapon drops from fighting them...which costs me weapon durability to get anyways.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

No, theyre mainly there to practice physics experiments on. Run past them after that gets old

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Every so often the world will update to the next tier of enemies (I think it's based on blood moons?) and they'll all be holding better weapons for you to loot

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Whoops accidentally bought a Switch.

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"

mutata posted:

congratulations

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

mutata posted:

A good accident.

Discount Viscount
Jul 9, 2010

FIND THE FISH!
Pocket Rumble coming to Switch not listed in the OP, presumably because digital games would stretch it out, but hey it's out Thursday.

Real hurthling! posted:

No, theyre mainly there to practice physics experiments on. Run past them after that gets old

BotW's enemies drop materials which can be used for recipes and upgrading all the various outfits. Also remember you have infinite bombs.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

OwlFancier posted:

I mean, I'm kind of glad in a way because I was enjoying the game a lot, and I also like the look of these hardmode missions because the game is fairly easy unless you go out of your way to make it harder.

But, like, I don't really understand why the final boss comes partway through the game, why not make it harder earlier or something??

Hideo spent their entire budget on Kiefer Sutherland and they didn't have enough money left to actually finish the game

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Discount Viscount posted:

Pocket Rumble coming to Switch not listed in the OP, presumably because digital games would stretch it out, but hey it's out Thursday.

BotW's enemies drop materials which can be used for recipes and upgrading all the various outfits. Also remember you have infinite bombs.

Whats the price on pocket rumble?

You get more than enough mats in zelda

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Opened my eyes.
https://twitter.com/trostes/status/1013474626809233408

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vOFqLg0fWTw

• Locked thread