Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Spoilers: it isnt

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JVmXlRnfsCE

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

the jade thing is a fakeout, its probably jade's mom. pey'j would be in a bg&e prequel for sure because he knew her parents before they came to system 4

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Skypie posted:

So is No Mans Sky worth $30 in the Steam sale if I'm angling for a dumb "gently caress off in space" game as a way to zen out for an evening?
$30 is a little high but yeah its good for that

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

credburn posted:

These Nendoroids do look a lot better. But they still are using the same kind of aesthetic :\
the nendo people make another line of figures that's a little less stylized called figmas, that are more expensive but still cheaper than buying the Serious poo poo

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

got a gaming injury in july, my finger really hurts

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Jay Rust posted:

TAKE A BREAK EVERY HOUR OF GAMING
haha I'm going to go gaming again right now, gramps

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

okay folks we're gonna get this one sorted out once and for all

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

The Colonel posted:

they excluded myst so they could include pyst
I've flipped through it and pyst isn't on the list anywhere its hosed up

also does anyone want to buy a mint condition september 1996 nextgen magazine. its very controversial

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Uh it is clearly all wrinkled up

Also lol at the M2
this one unfortunately got thrown away

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

its no police quest

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/1013891912900665345

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

chumbler posted:

I will never understand how funkos are profitable.
people have atrocious taste

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

this is gonna be the most one sided vote ever

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

I was just about to buy battle chef brigade for the switch and now twitch is giving it away for free on PC... now I'm conflicted

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

going $4k in debt for elective cosmetic surgery is, in this gamer's opinion, a bad idea

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Help Im Alive posted:

If you invest the $4k in amiibo you could triple your money by 2040
going $4k in debt for amiibos is, in this gamer's opinion, a good idea

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Cowcaster posted:

do what i do, accept your ugliness and be dead inside
lol if anyone itt owns a mirror

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Cowcaster posted:

man all my life i've been paying like $250 for frames plus another $180 or so for lenses what the hell happened
at this point spending that kind of money gets you glasses with an embedded augmented reality display

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

its time for the big games chat thread red faction guerrilla multiplayer game

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

start a new game of oxygen not included, build a bathroom and dig into a water reservoir, my dude immediately pisses into the water reservoir and not into the toilet. the water reservoir is now yellow. I delete that save game permanently, the ultimate punishment for his crimes

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Real hurthling! posted:

How does one claim these?
you go to the twitch website and click on the crown at the top

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Internet Kraken posted:

Is that game worth playing yet? I sounds right up my alley but I never touch anything that's deep in early access.
I think so, the core systems are pretty strong at this point. like everything about the game is built around a bunch of different physics simulations, fluid dynamics, atmospheric gasses, temperature simulation, and even like the movement of germs through your colony is physically simulated. its really satisfying to build a base taking into consideration stuff like keeping your fresh and waste water physically separated, keeping your living areas oxygenated and at a comfortable temperature, and segregating things so your miners don't rub space germs all over everything. its a dynamic that these kinds of games have never really had before.

what it is missing is some kind of dwarf fortress end game, where you dig too deep and everything starts falling apart. in this game mostly you just peter out after building a huge colony and exhausting all your resources, although they did just recently add a new biome with renewable resources. its just not a very challenging game currently. they put out a pretty substantial patch every 6 weeks though, its one of the best supported early access games

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Octopath Traveller

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Macaluso posted:

Did later demos of Octopath ever make the fights more interesting? Cause that kind of killed a lot of my interests when the demo first came out both because there was minimal animations, and I also didn't like the the sprites on the heroes were similar to the overworld while the enemy sprites were big and detailed.

My favorite part of the demo was you could fight the regular rear end nice town people and leave them lying there on the ground
nah, its pretty much the same. that stuff is an intentional aesthetic choice cause the game badly wants to be a SaGa game

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

I freakin love it, walking through the cathedral at the beginning of ophila's story with the tiny focal plane and shadows all over the place, the way it looks is amazing to me

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Poops Mcgoots posted:

What are the good SaGa games? Or rather, are there any I should avoid?
I wouldn't say any of them are bad, but if you're gonna start out I would say go with saga frontier 1, romancing saga 2 and 3, and maybe check out the game boy games (idk if the DS ports for those ever got translated or not)

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

a hd remake of romancing saga 2 recently came out on like everything I think, pc, ps4, switch so its never been a better time, to start playing saga games

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

unlimited saga is fine, if you're one of the few people on earth with the gene that allows you to understand how to play unlimited saga

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

this guy is even cooler

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

a gamer that fart in he own mouth

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

I have One Dollar in steam money, what game can I buy

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

uh I can buy Z for 69 cents so you're Wrong

also like a million horny anime games

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

This is a world overrun with demons and monsters. Thanks to exorcists, those monsters could be suppressed. The source of an exorcist’s energy, if the mana of an exorcist is taken away, her clothes will be torn apart by the monster, so the body is exposed, especially the between the breasts and legs.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Truga posted:

piiiissssss
I was going to buy redout to play it in VR and now it's not on sale anymore because summer sale apparently ended :(
fanatical has it for $10 for the next couple hours
https://www.fanatical.com/flash-game-sale

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

glam rock hamhock posted:

It's weird to me that the main character in Adventure Island was some random Japanese celebrity and when they brought it to the west they kept him looking exactly the same but changed his name which I guess was necessary for...reasons.
please respect takahashi meijin

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZPaM49ZNBTk

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

yeah but octopath 8ever, can't argue with math

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

FirstAidKite posted:

Is Octopath Traveler a game where you pick a character from the start and that's your main character for the rest of the game, 7th Saga style, or is it a game where each character has their own story and you need to play through all of them to complete the game, Live-A-Live style?
neither, you choose your starter character and play their prologue, and then it dumps you into the open world and the other seven are just out there for you to find. then you play through their prologue just the same as if you had picked them as your starter, you get to use all the characters you've accumulated up to that point and I think the difficulty scales up a little, but none of the writing acknowledges that you have more than just that character. after that point I think you can just play each character's story chapters in whichever order you like and swap your starter out if you want, I don't think you ever have a designated main character, just whoever's story you happen to be doing at that moment

its a lot like romancing saga or saga frontier but more open ended

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

FirstAidKite posted:

Nope

What's that one mmorpg that the devs were all "we're gonna make a game that's like how WoW used to be" and then they made it and it was bad and also all of the women had horrible-looking hourglass figures, even the robot women
All Of Them

• Locked thread