Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Gonna play Captain Toad and Octopath

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

What albums does Hodeo Kojumbo listen to

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

OwlFancier posted:

I mean, I'm kind of glad in a way because I was enjoying the game a lot, and I also like the look of these hardmode missions because the game is fairly easy unless you go out of your way to make it harder.

But, like, I don't really understand why the final boss comes partway through the game, why not make it harder earlier or something??

Why do you claim that is the final boss

(Realtalk act 2 is not as long as it looks, you don't actually have to do any of the repeat missions to progress)

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Real hurthling! posted:

Cpt toad demo had me going "oh ok i get it, cute but whatevs"

Octopath demo has me going "oh dammmmnnnn gimme dat now"

Gonna say that the Scholar intro quest where you have to hunt down library books and beat up a colleague in the sewer and then your administrator harangues you about stuff you've published hits close to home

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

This makes Arby's Twitter look like garbage!

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

The more I think about it, the more I believe that Hodeo Kojumbo is name of the year 2018

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

The Colonel posted:

i hope hk gives me the wall jump soon

I think there's already a wall jump in Deadly Standing?

Thanks Hodeo

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

That's what the Ubi Art releases were supposed to be, right?

Also EA just published that yarn game

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Real hurthling! posted:

Oh and re: dishonored 2 flopping

Dont release a niche sp game in fall up against a million other fps games, put it in january.

January 2019 is a Thunderdome because everyone is trying to avoid Red Dead 2

Edit: well more February I guess

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Did Michel Ancel abandon Wild in order to go whole hog on this Star Citizen-level bullshit

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

bloodychill posted:

It’s classic share-holder wanting quarterly profits and obscuring the possibilities of the future. There is never as much money in single player games (Skyrim aside) but darlings like HZD, Breath of the Wild, and God of War improve the quality of your brand, get you good press, and make it easier for players to swallow DLC/microtransactions, as we’ve seen in action with Nintendo. If Battlefront 2 been accompanied by that Amy Hennig-written single player game or the lost Lucas Arts bounty hunter game, it would have been easier to forgive and not depended on 50%+ sales two weeks from release to get the same sales numbers that HZD and BotW got.

Also as people have pointed out before, platform holders like Sony can basically treat their single player AAA games as "loss leaders" (as if selling millions is a loss) because having those kinds of exclusives increases the value and appeal of your console ecosystem

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Andrast posted:

Moving loving sucks

Are you in Montreal, I hear everyone moves on July 1 and it's terrible

C-Euro posted:

The best piece of advice that I ever received yet can't be bothered to actually follow is "if you box something up for a move and it's still in the box by the time you move again, just get rid of it". That said we did move into a smaller apartment in our last move and it felt pretty good offloading a bunch of stuff. Can't wait to pick up a bunch of useless crap when we actually get a house.

There were like half a dozen boxes in my apartment that I hadn't unpacked for literally 8 years and only did it when my housemate moved out and I was like, I guess I should clean up the place

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

I'll keep cumming
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KnrGMHhnqrw

Edit: I looked at Kojima's actual twitter and he's retweeting a bunch of Death Stranding fanart (?!)
https://twitter.com/art_of_tzu/status/1013640720295444480

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Dick Cheney was in Metal Gear Rising, the pattern holds

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

univbee posted:

On matters of Kojima there's no such thing as parody.

ya

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Taintrunner posted:

this ad is actually true for me. super robot wars all day erryday

I was thinking this was a Crew 2 sign

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Uh it is clearly all wrinkled up

Also lol at the M2

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M8dWYAqonus

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Jay Rust posted:

I’ve never held one, are Funkopops heavy enough to serve as a weapon?

Those Funkopops with the cereal look small enough to be a choking hazard, does that count

Also I wonder how that cereal falls under the terms of this contract, do you subtract the value of the food or
https://twitter.com/juchemane/status/954058032039768064?lang=en

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

oddium posted:

rory should have stayed with the guy from heroes, or paris

I liked the dialogue on that show, I have been thinking of watching the Marvelous Mrs. Maisel because of it

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Squidlings and octolings look alike to me. I know that may be controversial but I really can't tell the difference.

The Moon Monster posted:

Is it just me or is this contract so permissive it seems more or less meaningless? I guess the purchase is where most of the "fun" is so once that's over there's not much left but to buy more.

If the contract is a negotiated compromise, just imagine how much he was spending on pops beforehand

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

I thought the pendulum had swung around on this issue and the general popular perception is that glasses make you 10% more attractive, on top of people assuming you're more intelligent

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Yeah it's tough because this is such a personal decision but then also 4000 is a lot of money. Like I would personally think "I could get a pair of really good glasses every year for a decade" on that.

I knew someone who got laser surgery, I told her that she looked great in glasses and she agreed, but her family had a history of degenerative eye disease and the surgery would also help from her going blind in old age, but if it were purely aesthetic she wouldn't have done it.

Back then I remembered reading an article that was in defense of glasses, I won't link to it now because two decades later it's kind of cringey "middle-aged dude talks about what he finds sexy" but it is still disheartening to see the desire for surgery based on negative self-esteem

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Yeah there are a bunch of sites like Zenni that source their lenses and frames from China and you can get pairs of prescription glasses for like 20 bucks these days, if brand names don't matter they are pretty good

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Doesn't she look at this thread?

Wearing glasses doesn't make me feel bad, but I'm pretty sure random internet people calling me crazy would probably bring me down

Rarity posted:

Guys, I know we like to laugh and joke around here in the SA Games Chat thread but I'd like to remind you all that if you are dealing with low self-esteem then there is nothing inherently wrong with you, mental or physical, and it is something that can be worked through with the right support. You are all wonderful, beautiful people and I would grind Support Relationships with you all any day :unsmith:

:yeah:

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Saint Freak posted:

Glasses are so cool Dan Ryckert destroyed his own vision just to get a pair.

And then he got LASIK.

And then he was still having problems so he had to have a second round of LASIK!

Also he did it through a Groupon. Maybe that's an option (I wouldn't recommend it)

suuma posted:

A dentist tried to sell me invis-align once and offered me one of those credit cards specifically for the procedure. Pretty sure it had something crazy like 40% APY? If the eye doctor one is anything remotely similar, seems bad.

This is why I am sympathetic to the eye surgery thing, sometimes I feel like I could probably do with braces and I feel self-conscious about how my teeth look, but not enough to ignite a huge pile of money

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Mak0rz posted:

I thought this was going to be a story about how the two people hit it off.

Well, it kinda is, except done in a really loving creepy way.

https://twitter.com/roseybeeme/status/1014122893805015041

I am sure that Barbara Kruger appreciates her aethestic being bitten off for this kind of social media filter poo poo

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

I thought it was supposed to be a burn on their photo filters and reaction selfies

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Phantasium posted:

yes but have you ever seen Stop! or my Mom will Shoot?

I was going to say yes.

But then I realized I was thinking about So I Married an Ax Murderer

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

I would hold out for the premium Chipotle money TBH

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Yeah my gut instinct is that anyone trying to sell the idea of paying for a medical procedure on revolving credit as opposed to a fixed loan will probably try to be as exploitative as possible, I would at least comb through that agreement multiple times before signing anything

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

One of the Overwatch League franchises is sponsored by Jack in the Box.

Another made In and Out into a meme, I hope they look into an official partnership

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Yeah that's how 16-bit JRPGs did it

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Lumines is that game from Star Trek TNG that took over the Enterprise. It really did not feel like I played it for an hour and a half but that's what the game over screen said

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

LawfulWaffle posted:

In the continuing comical adventures of LawfulWaffle, in addition to my kid being sick and everyone being miserable, I am now the proud owner of a leak in my water service line which requires immediate fixing for somewhere around $3000. So FAK, this is why people were advising not to eat that credit up. Who knows when you’ll get hit with something like this.

Home ownership and raising a family seem difficult.

Hang in there

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aXM4eIoPZUU

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

The most salient Christopher Lee fact I remember (besides his work as a spoken-word vocalist for a heavy metal album) was that in Lord of the Rings when Peter Jackson tried to direct him on how to act when getting stabbed, Lee was like "I know what sound a man makes when he gets knifed in the back"

Real hurthling! posted:

Is view to a kill a real bond movie or like a fake one. Idk but its really bad

Real, the "fake" Bond movie is Never Say Never Again

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

If you ever wanted to see Bond play video poker that is the movie for you'

Edit: Thread-relevant
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wUT5CpgYXMM

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Adventure Island's continuously draining life bar unless you keep on picking up fruit to live is, like, one of the most stressful game design choices ever

It's like underwater Sonic near drowning except all the time

CharlieFoxtrot fucked around with this message at 19:37 on Jul 5, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

I can't decide what to play first between Capitán Todd and O.C.T.O.P.A.T.H. Traveler

• Locked thread