Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

mutata posted:

Whoops accidentally bought a Switch.

A good accident.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Real hurthling! posted:

death of the outsider is such an obvious course correction from dlc to standalone game because d2 flopped
really disappointed in the reused levels, and new levels being linear enemy gauntlets

Is it not worth picking up on sale if I loved Dishonored 1/2

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

homeless snail posted:

going $4k in debt for elective cosmetic surgery is, in this gamer's opinion, a bad idea

Agreed. If at all possible don't go into debt like this that you don't have the money for.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Relax Or DIE posted:

I asked my eye doctor about LASIK and he used the phrase 'that dog won't hunt' ten times in two minutes, so I guess he meant be careful about who you go to for it. Don't be a Ryckert.

My co-worker got LASIK and loves it, but my friend's sister got it and her eyes hurt all the time. Seems pretty swingy with opinions and therefore I'm gonna stick with contacts/glasses forever instead.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

I achievement edited all the medic weapons and I think Pyro and still got the halo.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

FirstAidKite posted:

I've been meaning to go back to Guild Wars 1 since I never finished it and I had fun with the parts I played but also my character was built so poorly that I kept dying all the time even with the NPC party members carrying me and I don't know if I can easily redo my character at this point :( I got her a pretty dress and everything.

https://i.imgur.com/yToIXZ3.mp4

Guild Wars 1 was very good and I wish 2 was half as good.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

I beat Hollow Knight, got 107%, and now am sad it's over :(. Time to finally play REmake and play through RE 2 again. And probably all the other numbered RE's besides 7 since I just played it and including CVX.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

I haven't played Remake, 3, and most of the spinoffs, but the only "spinoff" I'm gonna play is Code Veronica.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

I'm gonna.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Samuringa posted:

play Umbrella Corps, you coward

I will not.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Relax Or DIE posted:

What about Dino Crisis

I might play the first two cause they're cool and good yeah.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Relax Or DIE posted:

Ok I'll admit that until now i didn't know they made more than 2 Dino Crises

The third is very bad and not good.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

The premise is incredible and it's very Capcom to gently caress it up.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Spring Break My Heart posted:

Remember when Capcom/Sega/Namco/etc would just make Xbox or GameCube exclusive games for no loving reason.

Excuse me Resident Evil 4 could only be TRULY experienced on a GameCube.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

It wasn't, but I'm glad they re-released a PC port and ported it to everything though with the Ada content.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

FirstAidKite posted:

Play Resident Evil Revelations because it is also good

Oh yeah I got those on the Steam sale so I'll play those too.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

I beat a big ol snake in REmake then died to a guy in a metal coffin :(.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

corn in the bible posted:

remake is kicking my rear end. maybe i shouldn;'t have bravely chosen chris

I picked Jill for the first time through and she's very prone to dying.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

There are so many nice places to go here.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

I trusted Barry in REmake and knocked a very sad mutated girl down a pit. How could I not trust the big guy?

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Hunt11 posted:

Out of curiosity does anybody who posts here know what is up with all of the Samus profile pics?

We funded Lowtax's spine for the month with some very good avatars and emotes :justass:

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

I beat the game with Jill, pretty slowly. Gonna try Chris next. The game still holds up great, and after only playing the original PS1 director's cut before this it's pretty incredible.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Turns out choosing the BSAA outfit for Chris makes Rebecca wear a very dumb outfit. This run is going 1000% faster as In Training said, already at the spooky cabin.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Done with RE1 for a while at least. I have no idea how I'd cut out over an hour for the infinite rocket launcher. Maybe with Jill. I'll play through Watch________________Dogs 2 for a while and then go to RE2.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

If cutscenes count towards time that'll get rid of a bunch of time plus I saved everyone which added time. Also nice kills :cool:

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

I started playing God of War and it's very good. I'm glad it features a BOY button.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Mak0rz posted:

I considered it until I read some testimonials from some guitar goons. The problem with Rocksmith is that it teaches you how to be good at playing Rocksmith, not necessarily how to play the guitar.

It's not good at being the only thing you use to learn but it's very good for practicing songs or scales on. I still use Justin Guitar and such but Rocksmith helps push me to actually practice.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

I beat Leon A in Resident Evil 2 and got an B and the infinite Rocket Launcher - I'd have gotten an A with less First Aid Spray use. Gonna go ahead and go thru A again for a A, but I'm surprised how much I remembered in the game. Still an amazing game.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

I beat Claire B w/ an A, and think I like B more than A overall except for Sherry. I'm not gonna do Claire A/Leon B and just wait for the remake to play RE2 any more though. Time to see if I can get a PC version of RE3.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

So is No Man's Sky now a decent chill and watch YouTube videos game?

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

I couldn't find a PC copy of Resident Evil 3 at my vintage store but they did have a GC version so I grabbed that instead. It's kind of weird, but I'm glad they added in the quick turn around. I'm not sure why they have powder instead of just ammo, but I see where Resident Evil 7 got it now. Just got into the Police Station - isn't the first half before RE2? Did they even try to keep continuity?

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Andrast posted:

Yeah the thing about tabletop RPGs is that the system being kind of bad doesn't really matter if you have a fun group to play with

Yeah I've read the problems with Pathfinder (though 2.0 looks real bad), but that's what my group is currently playing and there's not really glaring issues that we've run into in the last year or so, it's been a lot of fun playing a cowboy gunslinger named Y'all'd've that doesn't know magic at all and is scared of it.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

I beat Resident Evil 3: NEMESIS. It's a great game, and I'm surprised how scary Nemesis can be (at least on my first playthrough). I still think I like REmake and RE2 more. The dodging (when it worked) was cool, and it was nice to have quick turn. I'll start on RE4 after I beat Dad of War.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

The Colonel posted:

are you skipping code veronica and zero

CVX for GC is being shipped to me but I'm skipping Zero cause I hated it back in the day.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

corn in the bible posted:

I too rather dislike RE0. There's so much backtracking because of how items work.

Yeah I couldn't stand no item box.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Oh hey Resident Evil CVX for GC came in today, but it's gonna have to wait til I beat Dad of War, which I think I'm near the end of since I have everything I need to go and get all the dumb collectibles that I'm gonna get.

• Locked thread