Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

glam rock hamhock posted:

At least wait for vol 2 to be discounted. X5 is playable but really mediocre, X6 is terrible, X7 is terrible AND adds horrifically bad 3D elements that make the Legends series seem like it has good controls, and X8 is pretty good, but honestly still worse than X1-4

Also I realize why they split it that way but the quality distribution shows they just shouldn't have split it

HIGH NARD?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Convex posted:

Resident Evil 4 HD texture project is also out on 13th July, finally covers the entire game + mercs. Looks loving amazing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yUcd2DDykOM

In case you haven't been following it, these guys (2 of them I think) actually went out and found the actual real world places where Capcom took photos for their textures, and took their own hi-def versions for this. It's literally the best HD remaster I think I've ever seen and it's completely free (and approved by Capcom themselves apparently)

now if they could only add loving subtitles to the game it'd be perfect

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=unNx70RUHyM

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Also, the RHEM guy made a new game. Its about music, and I have no idea if it's good because I only found out yesterday and pretty much nobody has played it

https://store.steampowered.com/app/768270/Lisssn/

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

OwlFancier posted:

I mean, I'm kind of glad in a way because I was enjoying the game a lot, and I also like the look of these hardmode missions because the game is fairly easy unless you go out of your way to make it harder.

But, like, I don't really understand why the final boss comes partway through the game, why not make it harder earlier or something??

Hideo spent their entire budget on Kiefer Sutherland and they didn't have enough money left to actually finish the game

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Mr E posted:

Is it not worth picking up on sale if I loved Dishonored 1/2

Replay Dishonored 2 while imagining bad pretentious dialog and you've got Death of the Outsider

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

C-Euro posted:

I'm chipping away at Obduction and this game is scratching an itch I had forgotten that I had, while also loving with me so right.

Check out the Rhem games if you miss old difficult Myst ripoffs and don't mind the bizarre decision to make games in the modern era using macromedia director

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

FirstAidKite posted:

I wanna ask a question here because I feel like maybe I'm being unreasonable here, or at least being stupid.

So KCB wants to get laser eye surgery and that's going to be somewhere around 4k minimum. We don't have that cash right now but she got approved for a credit card specifically for this eye surgery and she can afford the $300 down payment and, on top of that, the doctor is willing to overlook the downpayment and just tack that on to the rest of the bill. She says she really wants this right now because she feels ugly with her glasses and she has trouble getting her contacts in without them causing her trouble and she just feels terrible all the time because of her glasses.

I'm worried because I've heard from others that the post-op eyedrops are super expensive and, like I said, it's not money we have right now. Sure she has a credit card confirmed and a payment plan set up, but I feel like it would be better for her to wait a couple of months so that I can get my disability money backpay in which will hopefully be a large enough sum to cover any bills and hopefully her eye surgery. As it is, she believes she can handle paying the initial downpayment for the surgery, as well as covering the credit card debt which has 2 year 0% financing as long as she covers the minimum payments.

She also is planning to enroll in some online college courses and those are going to be several hundreds of dollars as well. I just feel like she would be better off waiting until september or whenever I'd get my backpay instead of putting herself into debt right now. I feel like... yeah, having the laser eye surgery would be nice, sure, but I feel like it's the kind of superfluous thing that she should be able to wait on and not have to rush into and it just seems like a lot of debt to be putting yourself into all at once by getting laser eye surgery as well as enrolling in online courses on top of wanting to make a trip to lancaster for a festival, a trip that'll cost around ~$150 to make most likely, and the potentially several hundreds of dollars the post-op eyedrops will cost, and taking care of the car to make sure it is in proper running condition and getting any repairs it needs, and with all of that stuff happening I feel like she should be able to hold off on the eye surgery for a couple of months until I can get my money so that I can just pay for her surgery entirely rather than having that debt hanging over us and requiring her to dish out extra month over the course of the months leading up to me getting my backpay.

Sorry for the wall of text. yeah this is the games chat thread, it's stupid for me to ask this here, but I want to ask because I feel like maybe I'm just being stupid about this whole thing. The decision is ultimately her's and I told her that I'll support her on whatever decision she makes, but I also told her my thoughts on why I think it'd be a bad idea and why I think waiting would be a good idea.

Do not go into debt for this especially since the surgery is elective so your insurance won't cover complications which there can be many of

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Use 500$ of that money to take her to a beauty spa or something instead

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

https://i.imgur.com/xuzcdzg.mp4

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Wamdoodle posted:

Is this from Lightening Returns? How is it?

It's good

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=js4cU4X5BkU

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

chumbler posted:

Not even the best part of that quest.

meow meow choco chow

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Poops Mcgoots posted:

What are the good SaGa games? Or rather, are there any I should avoid?

All SaGa games are good except original Romancing SaGa (but the remake is great)

Play Saga Frontier 2 it owns

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Real hurthling! posted:

Hitman 2016 flopped bigly on pc probably due to the terrible episodic release and messaging around that

Also, to be fair, if someone played Absolution they'd be pretty justified in not wanting to come back to Hitman

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Mr E posted:

I haven't played Remake, 3, and most of the spinoffs, but the only "spinoff" I'm gonna play is Code Veronica.

re3 kicks rear end

The Colonel posted:

people like wots4 more than 3 afaik

wots3 kicks rear end

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

I think wots3 is awesome and wots4 is bad, but that's just me I guess

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Mr E posted:

I beat a big ol snake in REmake then died to a guy in a metal coffin :(.

remake is kicking my rear end. maybe i shouldn;'t have bravely chosen chris

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

I remember really hating Hitman ABsolution back in the day. Revisiting it... it is still bad, but I guess I have lower expectations so a few things are fun.

corn in the bible fucked around with this message at 04:03 on Jul 8, 2018

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iFdIGYfYXJw

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Cowcaster posted:

the good news is he has to get through playing as stink arm for half the game first

his frustration will get bigger

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

haveblue posted:

Hey, remember Darksiders 3?

Anyone?

Well, it's coming out November 27.

I think it looks good. The Darksiders team at THQ broke up when the company did but through a series of misadventures and multiple closures they are actually all back together again and making DS3 so it's a legit sequel and I'm down

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

haveblue posted:

Darksiders 3 Furymastered Edition

The fourth horseman is apparently named Strife and I don't have a clever pun for that.

I remember reading that they were going to just combine the plans for DS3 and 4 in case they don't get to make another one

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Jay Rust posted:

In my will I added a clause to delete all of my save games and MMO characters after I die

dying in real life is the true ending to NieR

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

haveblue posted:

Heh, sweet Skyrim reference

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Taintrunner posted:

I revisited very B-tier game Sniper: Ghost Warrior 3 again, and uh, I like it more? It's no Metal Gear Solid but it's fun to sneak around with a big rifle and pick off dudes one at a time with the help of your little drone that beeps like a cellphone to lure guys into dark corners.

i like the utterly bizarre mission where you go to a bar and bet on boxing and there's zero sniping or even stealth involved

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

i think the stealth is improved by disabling some of the ui so you have to rely on your gadgets more. they simply don't make charmingly shoddy b-grade stealth games anymore!

also sgw3 basically destroyed the company, so maybe there's a good reason for that :shrug:

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

this is sgw3:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f240jIl5QtM

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

rest in peace resident sheva

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Jay Rust posted:

Yeah I think you’re right. It’s just such an annoying mechanic that adds gently caress all, imo

it adds the ability to put "inspired by dark souls" into your ad copy

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Samuringa posted:

Good Game Still Not Perfect, More News At 11

well, apparently it's the perfect videogame according to that one guy though

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

tap my mountain posted:

Are there any games made by a solo dev that are good? It seems like 2 is the magic number.

Does Vambleer work alone?

RHEM

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

al-azad posted:

So Octopath Traveler is the new SaGa Frontier? Because "review the game at the first credits screen" is taking me back to '97.

as far as i know it doesnt have any of the complex systems that make saga interesting ,sadly

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Someone put together a mod for the PC version of RE3 that adds in uncompressed cutscenes, better audio quality, and high res backgrounds. Plus it fixes a bunch of bugs which is cool.

https://www.moddb.com/mods/resident-evil-3-restoration-project

there's also a patch for if you just want better videos in the ps1 version which is cool too

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I took a break in the middle of a Lumines session.

When I came back I immediately got flustered and lost :negative:

my best so far is lv94 and you need 100 to unlock endless mode :(

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

i liked the movie reviews

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

suuma posted:

Skyrim, Fallout 3, etc, can all be modded to have alternate starts though. Do them the vanilla way once, then skip!

You'd still be playing Skyrim though, so it's not really worth the effort

• Locked thread